Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution

Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution

Brilliant gentle cleanser

About a year ago I had my skin assessed by a Dermalogica consultant and to my surprise she told me my 34 year old skin was classified as dry. She gave me some samples of products and after liking them I decided to buy the Dry Skin Mini Pack which includes the Essential Cleansing Solution. I was sceptical at first because it doesn't foam at all and out of the pack looks like a moisturiser not a cleanser. After 2 weeks use in conjunction with the other kit products my skin was the best it has been for a very long time. Prior to this I had used the Clinique 3 step products for over a year.
I have since purchased a full size bottle which lasts months, and I will continue to use this as my go to cleanser.
It doesn't remove makeup well so a makeup remover first is needed, but it is such a gentle cleanser - it makes my skin feel fresh but not tight or dry at all. I follow it up with the toner and moisturiser and I couldn't be happier.
My only criticism is the pop up cap - I much prefer a pump bottle as I always seem to squeeze out too much.

I have been using this product for over ten years. It's the best cleanser for my face. I like that my face does not have an oily feeling after an application & I can easily rinse off the product from my face with warm water, I don't have to use another product to wash this off my face. Yet, it also does not seem to dry out my skin. Price is quite reasonable to me, especially the salon size that is available.
- cleans face effectively without leaving oily residue
- does not irritate sensitive skin
- just a little blob does the cleansing