DermaVeen Hair Range

DermaVeen Hair Range (page 2 of 2)

Shampoo, Conditioner

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (8)
  • Smell

Love this product

Was recommended this shampoo after suffering continuous itching patches on my scalp. I always previously used expensive salon shampoos & conditioners. Dermaveen makes my hair soft & shiny. The smell is a bit dull so I spray a small amount of perfume when hair is damp and it smells divine. Another thing I do is add a small amount of essential oils to conditioner like patchouli, sandal wood etc. I notice some reviewers have mentioned it's expensive. I always buy on sale at different shops.

Gentle, great for eczema and dandruff

Normal shampoo dries out my scalp, making my eczema and dandruff manifest more severely. I've found that this shampoo is very soothing, lathers well and does not give me an itch.

The down-side is the smell as I do love a nice fragrant shampoo + conditioner, while this one is very medicinal-smelling. It also makes my hair greasy after only a day or 2 without washing, while I could go for at least 3 days before.

Overall, great if you want a break from harsh chemicals on your sensitive scalp - it really provides relief from eczema and itching. However, not one I would use on a constant basis due to the smell and less effective 'cleansing' factor.

Pixal

Pixal

Been using for years, still happy.

Normal shampoo just irritates and makes my skin flare, been using this about five years, tends to leave my hair a bit limp if I condition also, so this is one shampoo you can use without conditioner even on colour treated hair. I will alternate this shampoo with poo bars etc, but still find they can irritate my scalp, I have never had "burnout" with this shampoo either. Reliable, safe, use it on your baby, play with other shampoos till your head hurts then use for the sweet relief, smells like almond essence. Now available in supermarkets.

Mondayitis

MondayitisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's ok but not for me

Vanessa C

Vanessa CMelbourne

Relief for scalp

I suffered a sore scalp from a harsh shampoo and was in agony. I purchased this product and wet my hair and left the conditioner on for fifteen minutes. Admittedly i slathered heaps on to get relief but it worked. It soothed the pain. Highly recommend. It is now sold in Coles supermarket...great to see more fragrance free and natural products on the shelf.

Bassetluva

BassetluvaPerth

So far so good

I have only used this shampoo 3 times but the results are promising. I am no longer getting an itchy scalp a day or so after shampooing and my hair is soft and shiny. Remains to be seen whether I am happy long term as numerous shampoos I have tried have not worked after a few weeks. Hence only 4 stars. I'm being cautious.

Leah

LeahSydney, NSW

Psoriasis has gotten better

I've had scalp psoriasis for 28 years started as a small patch to covering my whole head. I've actually had a massive improvement using this. Flakeyness has pretty much disapreared, barely itch and parts of my scalp have returned to normal skin colour not the raging red i had grown accustomed to. Soo soo happy

Gentle shampoo for my dandruff problem

I suffer from dandruff problem and used many products specialized for dandruff before I decided to switch to more natural products. This product is gentle to my hair and help reducing the itchiness of my scalp. Please refer to my blog posts for more detailed review of this product:

runnerbunny

runnerbunnyhighgate

Wonderful for sensitive skin

I use this once a week to calm everything down, due to all the product I use and mix of harsh products i use this is a reset product, i leave it in for ten minutes and it settles all the itch, cleanses my scalp and keeps everything in check

I use this alongside the wash for those times when the dermatitis is really bad and flares up. Dermaveen has become a once/twice-weekly product to reset my skin and soothe everything, and on particularly bad weeks I use it every second day and it always calms things down

Use this on my partner and it has calmed his irrationally itchy scalp
soft scent, great packaging, effective on itchy scalp

Perfect!

I experienced severe itchiness and rashes the day after i got my hair dyed at the salon so i went to the pharmacy the next day and they recommended Dermaveen and i cant believe that it works really well! the smell is great and lathers up really well. I feel much better and i would totally recommend this shampoo who experienced the same problem as i did :)

piscean

piscean

I bought the Dermaveen Oatmeal shampoo after I started having itchy scalp problems with regular shampoos that was driving me mad. I love this shampoo as it does not irritate my scalp and my hair actually has a lot more body and is not limp after using it as well. The shampoo is ph balanced and contains colloidal oatmeal so it is not drying to your scalp and is very calming. It is such a relief to use a shampoo that does not make me itch and scratch like crazy. This is a great product if you have a sensitive scalp or have sensitivity to regular shampoos.
gives hair body, non irritating
expensive

janene58
janene58

Happy with all products iv had sensitive skin for years.wouldn't hesitate to recommend their products.

Hi pretty Awesome, did it improve your scalp psoriasis after using this product? thanks..

Jess39

Jess39SYDNEY

Pretty awesome.

lolo31
lolo31

where to buy dermaveen if you are in the USA

batGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

bat

They are separate products. Available in 250ml or 500ml. Typically $15-$20 for 500ml. In Victoria they are available in pharmacies (egs Terry White, Chemist warehouse)). Also can be bought online.

Prettypearls

Prettypearls

Good

lyndy_w

lyndy_w

The only real let down of this product is the smell, its slightly off putting, though bearable due to the overall effectivness of the conditioner. I noticed it easing the ezcema on my scalp from the first time I used it. I can't rate this conditioner highly enough and would recommend it to any one that suffers from ezcema or scorisis on their scalp. Try it roday, you won't be dissapointed!
This is the best conditioner for people who suffer from ezcema or scoriosis on theor scalp.
It isn't available in all stores, mainly chemist's. And is a little on the pricey side

tashlgreen

tashlgreenAustralia

OK

This is not a bad shampoo to use if you have sensitive skin. The smell is not great. I don't think that it leaves your hair smelling fresh. I would recommend this product to anyone who suffers from eczema, especially if you get it on your face.
Great for sensitive skin
Expensive to buy

cryambai

cryambai

A very good shampoo and conditioner. It leaves hair clean and quite soft, the smell is ordinary, but obviously is not covered up with other 'nasties'. For someone with dermatitis on the hands, the shampoo can be used without any adverse affects. The larger size comes in a pump pack, which is handy to use in the shower. And as an added bonus, the conditioner can safely be used as an adequate shaving cream.
Very gentle on skin and hair, and gentle enough to use on young children. Not heavily perfumed like other shampoos. Great for anyone with dermatitis and other skin problems.

annon

annon

I have severe psoriasis on my scalp and have tried many products to relieve the constant itch; this is one of the few that actually works long term.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner daily and have bought the pump packs to try and make this a more economical product. As far a I know, it is only available at chemists and is quite expensive, however, I feel that the price is worth it to be 'itch free'.
Does exactly what it says and has stopped my head from itching
I find it very drying on my hair and I still need to condition the ends with a regular product

LittleBirdy

LittleBirdyVictoria, 3204

After horrible luck with finding a Shampoo and conditioner which was suitable for my sensitive scalp I stumbled across DermaVeen Oatmeal Shampoo and Conditioner. I can say this is a great product which moisturisers the scalp and works well with flaking skin and ezcema. I love that it isn't harsh on the skin or scalp!
This is great, moisturisers my scalp without causing irritations, contains natural ingrediants and oatmeal works fantastic on my sensitive scalp,
nothing at all! this is a great product that works great for sensitive scalps which are allergic to fragrance and those with dry scalps too.