Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo (page 2 of 4)

Pros

• Can relieve dry, itchy skin

• Smells nice and fresh

• Leaves coat feeling soft

sarah
sarah

Perfect. Done the job

My poor girl was as so itchy and I tried a few different products to no use. A helpful lady from overstock suggested I try this and my dog instantly relived from irritation and itching that was driving us both insane.
She is much happier and on top of leaving her nice and clean She is soft and fluffy!

Amanda F
Amanda FMelbourne

Perfect for my Lab

My 1 Year old has bad skin reaction to super market products and out vet told us to try this product for our pet. No more reactions.

Cassandra Smith
Cassandra SmithBrisbane

Great Product

Fantastic product recommend by our vet for skin allergies. We found out during renovations our Scott terrier was allergic to plaster dust. shampooing once a week helped with the problem

Pet Medications

Find out how Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo compares to other Pet Medications

Aussieladee
AussieladeeAU

Dangerous!

I used Malaseb on my dog because it is supposed to be safe for dogs with skin problems but some got into his eye & it very quickly caused a chemical burn on the eye. His vet has been treating it for nearly 3 weeks now & we had to see an ophthalmologist because it caused so much damage, there is still a chance my dog will lose his eye so I will never use this again. There are many other products available that contain natural & safe ingredients that would be safer than this toxic shampoo.

Janet
Janet

Used on horse for bad case of greasy heel/mud fever

Poison

After using malaseb for years on my cavvies...my latest cav pup..1yr old..licked shampoo vomited for hours..now has a liver toxicity problem won't eat and came close to passing away.. It's a very severe reaction but really not worth the risk.. Poured malaseb down sink. Would not ever recommend to anyone. Dog groomer of 25 years.

Myra N
Myra NMid West, WA

Amazed at results

I have tried selsun blue,neem oil,coconut oil,acv,probiotics, oil of oregano, and everything else. I started using about 8 washes ago (twice a week)ted has gone from a miserable itchy, greasy, black skinned dog with major hair and weight loss to a dog with a beautiful full coat, skin so much better, itching 100%better,put on weight,happy,sleeping not itching, definitely works on yeast infection. Brilliant!!

iamagirl69
iamagirl69South Australia

This product is brilliant for dogs with difficult to treat, skin conditions

I have a small x bred terrier who is so low to the ground, she often gets rashes from her belly touching grasses etc. (especially rye grass) when this happens, I wash her in a diluted solution ( 1 part to ten parts water) of Malaseb medicated dog shampoo and whatever rash, infection or skin irritation she has, has calmed down within two to four hours. It is not the greatest smelling product on the market, but it works each and every time I use it. It is also highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. I have had the same bottle (which is still half full) for over a year and a half now. I recommend this product highly for dogs that are prone to recurrent and or difficult to treat skin conditions.

Jo Blogger
Jo Blogger

Top stuff

Great medicated shampoo For dogs. Cream Male retriever 4 years old.
We go camping a lot so it's nice to know, it has bug fighting ingredients in. He also had a staff infection and this really helped calm his skin.

melaseb

My dog was allergic to this product and made this skin flaking and itchiness worse. I rang a specialist skin
vet who told me that they recommend this shampoo to be diluted 1 to 10 parts water. i tried this poured over him
lathered it up and then rinsed it off within 2-3 minutes. It now has helped him. No one else recommended this shampoo to be diluted.

Jimmy
JimmyBrisbane

Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Previously been to three Vets and a respected dog groomer concerning my dogs skin and ear yeast based infections. Trying everything from tea, vinegar, prescription medication, and other ear cleaning products. Wasn't until our dog had a very bad breakout of a skin infection that the last vet we saw recommended Malaseb. The change in my dogs skin condition was very noticeable after a couple of days. Two weeks later and he's virtually all better with no signs of infection. Can't recommend the product enough and I wished one of the other vets recommended this earlier. Will continue to use this product as a maintenance strategy.

DKH
DKHAthens

Awesome!!! Love it!

I bathed my 12 year old pit bull with this shampoo and instantly saw results. He's taken steroids and antibiotics off and on for years. This really did help my BamBam and I've tried everything from vinegar to different flea control. I found this online and tried it. I will DEFINITELY purchase Malaseb again.

Mitch
Mitch

Dog developed severe eye ulcer

I will never use this product again. Be VERY careful. After following the directions, my dog developed a severe eye ulcer that required regular medication, multiple visits to the vet and $500. Never again!

Works great!

My Lacey has a bad case of bacterial infection secondary to a yeast infection. Was placed on 2 antibiotics, a steroid, ear drops and this shampoo. Within a day she experienced tremendous relief, and a few days later, I bathed her with this and it works great. Her skin and fur are back to normal with no adverse reactions.

Bob
BobNarangba

Just what the doctor ordered.

My dog has suffered many years with a skin fungal infection that made him itch and scratch all the time which led him to have a smell owing to the bacteria. I tried several products with no success, until I read about Malaseb Medicated shampoo. After 2 weeks, 2 washes a week, he stopped scratching and the smell he had had all those years had gone. Now we use it once a week his coat is softer and he's pleasant to be around. The Important part of the treatment is that you apply the shampoo and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.

Jenell Mcmeekin
Jenell Mcmeekinasked

Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?

Dena F.

I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.

S K.
S K.asked

Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?

Heather
Heatherasked

Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?

Dena F.

I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo questions

Features:

• The Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo treats Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (a skin infection involving bacteria and yeast) and can help treat Dermatophytosis (ringworm) in pets.
  • It kills microorganisms, helping keep yeast and bacteria growth at manageable levels so that your dog or cat is left itch and flake-free.
  • The shampoo also removes excess scale and oils that can be produced when skin is infected, helping your pet maintain a healthy, glossy coat.
  • The product has the added benefit of removing allergens - such as pollen - from the skin or fur that may be causing irritation.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the medicated shampoo relieved and softened dry, itchy skin and was good for preventing scratching.
  • Many reviewers appreciated that it was effective in treating a range of skin infections and allergies, such as yeast infections and ringworm.
  • The product smells nice and fresh, according to reviewers.
  • They also said that the shampoo left their pet’s coat feeling soft.

Something to consider

• It’s a leave-in shampoo that needs to be on your pet’s skin and coat for 10 minutes for maximum effectiveness. You must supervise your pet during the 10 minutes to ensure they don’t lick the product.