Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Pet Grooming & Hygiene in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DKH

DKHAthens

Awesome!!! Love it!

I bathed my 12 year old pit bull with this shampoo and instantly saw results. He's taken steroids and antibiotics off and on for years. This really did help my BamBam and I've tried everything from vinegar to different flea control. I found this online and tried it. I will DEFINITELY purchase Malaseb again.

Dog developed severe eye ulcer

I will never use this product again. Be VERY careful. After following the directions, my dog developed a severe eye ulcer that required regular medication, multiple visits to the vet and $500. Never again!

Works great!

My Lacey has a bad case of bacterial infection secondary to a yeast infection. Was placed on 2 antibiotics, a steroid, ear drops and this shampoo. Within a day she experienced tremendous relief, and a few days later, I bathed her with this and it works great. Her skin and fur are back to normal with no adverse reactions.

Bob

BobNarangba

Just what the doctor ordered.

My dog has suffered many years with a skin fungal infection that made him itch and scratch all the time which led him to have a smell owing to the bacteria. I tried several products with no success, until I read about Malaseb Medicated shampoo. After 2 weeks, 2 washes a week, he stopped scratching and the smell he had had all those years had gone. Now we use it once a week his coat is softer and he's pleasant to be around. The Important part of the treatment is that you apply the shampoo and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.

Its only my opinion :-)

anna 2016

anna 2016Perth, WA

? allergy

He may be allergic. Malaseb can dry out the dogs skin. Mix a good bathoil such as qv with some warm water and rinse. In fact this all i use on my little dogs to wash them now, it is hard to get a lather but once you've soaked them in it you don't need to rinse and leaves their coat very soft.

Jill

JillSydney

Adverse reactions

I used this on my puppy and he came out in lumps and bumps under his fur. On his head only. Has anyone else had a reaction to this shampoo

Heather

HeatherGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product for yeast infection in ears and between toes

Our gorgeous doggie has long ears and hair and has been prone to yeast ear infections caused by a lack of air getting to the ears. Also yeast between the toes where she is quite hairy, again lack of air, and under front arms. This product works! Hooray! Bathe the feet and underarms, but for the ears, mix one part Malaseb to 5 parts warm water and syringe into ears, slosh around and repeat. It kills the yeast. I usually follow up with Apex PMP ear drops for a few days.

Margaret

MargaretPerth

THANK YOU, MALASEB!

My poor Pixie had a terrible case of dermatitis secondary to a sudden flea infestation. She was covered in itchy, flaky pieces of skin which, if rubbed off, caused bleeding. I used this shampoo just once, as directed. It lifted off ALL the flaky pieces of skin, without any adverse effects (none for me either and I have sensitive skin and didn't wear gloves). She still has a little bit of itching, but only scratches a little bit (before she was scratching and biting herself) and I am hoping that after a few treatments the dermatitis will be cured. Was not expecting such a dramatic result from just one treatment. Pixie is not suffering any more. Wish I had taken a "before" pic.

beckelljess

beckelljessAU

Awful

Well, after aloveen broke our girl out in horrible dermatatis and my hands in blisters we were tol by a pet ahop this would clear it up...

Let me start by saying.. it says to wear gloves .. now if I have to wear gloves and not get it on my skin I was apprehensive about using this all over my poor girls body.. and rightfully so..

This just made the issue worse..

If you need a medicated shampoo use PAW Mediderm with Nutriderm Conditioner.. A much kinder product for both pooch and human alike!

Dogs itching cured

All tests were negative for my dog. Her skin was so itchy she would throw herself on her back several times a night. Also, her pink skin was always turning black. One washing with this product and her skin crusted up by the next morning. Shes had 3 applications and itching is 90% gone. she has been suffering for years, I had tried other antifungals. This one finally worked,

Beaky

BeakyMaudsland

An Amazing Treatment

K.O.

K.O.Sarasota

The yeast solution...Finally!!

Yeast finally subsiding after 5 month battle!! Works much better than Dechra. This came highly recommended by my veterinarian. I wish I had found this sooner! I would recommend this for any dog who is battling a nasty yeast infection. The end of this long battle is finally in sight

Sarzie Mac

Sarzie MacSydney

Worked well on cat with unknown skin condition

I had a cat with a skin condition we could never discover the cause of. Lathering him in this, holding him in a towel for the 10 minutes and then rinsing off and applying a conditioner helped him out but did not cure him of the problem.
I have since acquired a rescue dog with terrible "hot spots" all over her body, but this shampoo did not work on her at all. I suggest it be used in combination with diet changes if possible as my dog benefited from only eating boiled chicken/turkey and certain vegetables such as carrot/pumpkin. If you have a dog with these symptoms (red rash, hot to the touch, fur either falling out or being bitten off) please take them off processed dog foods and try a different diet as well as the bathing.

knickerz

knickerzQueensland, Australia

a must have in our home!

Read all labels! 10minutes, high supervision required, if you cannot follow basic instructions well its simple don't own a pet. My 10year old tom cat suffers all bouts of seasonal allergies, food allergies, flea and mosquito allergies the list goes on. I normally warm dunk him in water, shampoo him up and nurse him in a towel. Like any shampoo it's not for their face and eyes der! Would you rub shampoo into your children's face and eyes? No? Good same goes for your furball. Steqdy warm rinse until no more foaming or bubbles, towel dry and he does the rest. Alleviates his poor itchies.
reliable by far!

Reamus

ReamusLara

Pet skin allergies gone

My 2 toy poodles have seasonal allergies and it was recomended I try Malaseb. I needed to give them a couple of baths before they stopped their scratching, with regular use they no longer scratch. The only drawback is having to leave the shampoo on them for 10 minutes, and preventing them from licking themselves.( I wrap them up in a towel).
It works
Having to leave it on for 10 minutes

Lumi Sage

Lumi SageBrisbane

Perfect for itchy, allergy prone dogs.

Joan Buckingham

Joan BuckinghamMid North Coast, NSW

I find this shampoo very good for fungal infections as I have Clumbers and a Golden Retriever' inside their ears are apt to get a bit smelly but I do not have any more of those problems as I just shampoo inside their ears with Malaseb when they have their bath and no problems any more,I find this shampoo excellent.

Dangerous

I was told to use this by my local vet, the label failed to mention it shouldn't be used on the head and some of it went into my pet's nose and has now cause respiratory problems. Since this is a shampoo that's used on pets who are very unlikely to sit there quietly while you wash them, one would think the product would be created to cause the least amount of harm to this if something was ingested by accident. I ended up throwing away the bottle and will never put anything this strong on my pet, it's appalling to think that a product this dangerous is allowed on the market. One must wonder the long term effects on animals especially since humans have to wear gloves to use this. Stay away from this product!

Very dangerous to use

ChrisRoubis2010

I have never used gloves.

tanyajane

tanyajane

Good

This is a good prodcut and worth the extra expense. I found that a little wen a long way and I did not have to use a lot. My dog seemed to enjoy the prodcut and stayed clean and itch free for quite some time. Overall, a great buy that worth the effort to locate it.
It worked. Although I have a very short haired dog he has dry, scaly and itchy skin which he lickes and makes worse. This worked really well and he smelt great
I found it difficult to get and had to get a pet supply store to special rder it.

ChrisRoubis2010

ebay sells it much cheaper than pet stores