Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo (page 3 of 3)

See the Best Pet Grooming & Hygiene Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Helen00

Helen00BRISBANE

This worked well

I have 2 Yorkies, but one has very sensitive skin, and had rashes on his back and used to lick his paw pads, which looked inflamed & sore.
I tried several other treatments, & then I asked my vet for advice. She recommended Malaseb Medicated shampoo, while it is very expensive it does work very well & I would recommend this product to others.
Works well at getting rid of the redness & irritations on my dogs skin
the cos, as it is quite expensive.

aaron66
aaron66
ChrisRoubis2010

used malaseb on my dog because he chewed the tops of his paws... fixed his problem

amanda_01

amanda_01QLD, 4350

I've used this on both my dogs and cats for their skin disorders and it really does work. I've also worked in a veterinary surgery, and seen it work wonders on dogs that I thought nothing would help clear up their skin, and it did! It is a little bit expensive, but a small bottle goes a long way, so it's well worth the price.
As it says, it's antifungal, antibacterial and antipuritic, so it works on a wide variety of skin disorders. And it DOES work!
Can make the skin drier if used too often, or in too great a concentrations.

glitter

glitter

Loved this product. my dog has skin allergies so i found this product to be very good in with skin allergies. She stops scrathing to give her releif. I use it a couple of times a week at the begining of the summer.
stop my dog itching
none do far

LouiseMELBOURNE

Not good for cats

I used this on my cat and then he was having breathing problems. On the bottle it says it can be used for cats and dogs, however due to cats licking themselves more than dogs, it ends up poisoning them.

I highly recommend to not use this product on a cat/kitten as it cost me a lot of money at the vets and he had to be on tablets for 3 weeks and nearly died.

expensive and poisoned my cat

George28
George28
ChrisRoubis2010

yes you must thoroughly rinse it off

Louise

I'm a vet nurse so yes I did all the rights things. This product should not be used on cats

MaggieP

MaggiePNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Works on horses as well

We used this on our mare's pastern area where she had mudfever/ greasy heel. Before we tried this we'd tried everything we could think of including Manuka honey and betadine. She would get a little better and then it would break down again to the point she became lame. We tried this (once)! and followed up with Filtrabac ointment (we had used the ointment previously with other treatments). However, Malaseb cleared it up beautifully and the Filtrabac then was used as a barrier cream.
Efficient, fast and totally effective (for our mare).
It's not cheap - but results speak for themselves.

totaltobie

totaltobie

Good

I work in animal welfare and we reguarly use Malaseb on animal skin problems as per veterinary recommendation. I have seem it work wonders on so many poor neglected animals improving and healing many skin problems which has given great releif to so many animals in our care. I have used Malaseb on my own pets also when they have experienced skin troubles. Great product.
This product works. It treats a large number of skin problems and it works brilliantly. I work in animal welfare and we use this product all the time and it has helped many suffering animals.
Expensive.

kawellington

kawellington

Good

I have used this on both of my dogs. One of which is a show dog. Even though it is not ment to it does whiten the coat while caring for the ubderlying skin conditions. My other dog needs to be washed in either medicated or oatmeal shampoo at least once a week. It removes the redness rom her skin and helps heal any scabs. The downsides for this is that if your pet tends to drink their bathwater (like mine does) another method of bathing is required as there are some poisonous ingredients and it can be far more expensive than medicated shampoo from the pet store or supermarket.
remove redness, available in both large and small bottles
can be expensive, contains poison

happy_life

happy_lifeQLD, 4817

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. We have been using it for 4 years, after my mums old staffy developed terrible allergies. Her skin looked like she had boiling water poured on it. It cleared up in no time. We use it in her ears as well. My two staffy's have small allergies and this seems to really help with the redness. The swelling go's straight down and they stop licking the areas. If I use other products it comes back.
Clears skin, smells great, Really Works

paddlepaws

paddlepawsAustralia

Good

We used this product for many years on our old Chihuahua who had terrible skin irritation. She was bathed in Malaseb every time she had a bath, and if she had a skin rash come up, she was given an extra bath. It cleared up almost immediately.
Excellent for controlling skin infections

melanie-pr28022

melanie-pr28022

I used to use this product on my old poodle who had terrible skin. While it did not cure it (it was incurable) it was the only product that gave her any relief. I would highly recommend this product.
It really works and is pleasant to use
None that I am aware of

Norah S.

Norah S.asked

Does Malaseb shampoo strip the dogs coat of flea products?

Sharna-lee K.

Sharna-lee K.asked

My cats licking herself after being bathed with the shampoo. I hopefully rinsed it quite thouroughly but could there be an effect is for some reason I didn’t I’m very worried just in case

Angela P.

Angela P.asked

Can malaseb be used to wash my dog on a monthly basis , and is it ok for there coat.

Devil
Devil

I haven't used this for years because I found it to be a waste of money, smells digusting & really dried out coats on the dogs I tried it on. I've found having a great homeopathic vet is far more cost effective & much better for my dogs health than using any of these types of products especially for skin issues. I now have 4 dogs & the only chemical products I use are heartworm & regular worming tablets.

Get an answer from our members and Dermcare-Vet representatives

CategoryPet Grooming & Hygiene Products and Pet Medications