This worked well
I have 2 Yorkies, but one has very sensitive skin, and had rashes on his back and used to lick his paw pads, which looked inflamed & sore.
I tried several other treatments, & then I asked my vet for advice. She recommended Malaseb Medicated shampoo, while it is very expensive it does work very well & I would recommend this product to others.
Works well at getting rid of the redness & irritations on my dogs skin
the cos, as it is quite expensive.
I've used this on both my dogs and cats for their skin disorders and it really does work. I've also worked in a veterinary surgery, and seen it work wonders on dogs that I thought nothing would help clear up their skin, and it did! It is a little bit expensive, but a small bottle goes a long way, so it's well worth the price.
As it says, it's antifungal, antibacterial and antipuritic, so it works on a wide variety of skin disorders. And it DOES work!
Can make the skin drier if used too often, or in too great a concentrations.
Not good for cats
I used this on my cat and then he was having breathing problems. On the bottle it says it can be used for cats and dogs, however due to cats licking themselves more than dogs, it ends up poisoning them.
I highly recommend to not use this product on a cat/kitten as it cost me a lot of money at the vets and he had to be on tablets for 3 weeks and nearly died.
expensive and poisoned my cat
Works on horses as well
We used this on our mare's pastern area where she had mudfever/ greasy heel. Before we tried this we'd tried everything we could think of including Manuka honey and betadine. She would get a little better and then it would break down again to the point she became lame. We tried this (once)! and followed up with Filtrabac ointment (we had used the ointment previously with other treatments). However, Malaseb cleared it up beautifully and the Filtrabac then was used as a barrier cream.
Efficient, fast and totally effective (for our mare).
It's not cheap - but results speak for themselves.
I work in animal welfare and we reguarly use Malaseb on animal skin problems as per veterinary recommendation. I have seem it work wonders on so many poor neglected animals improving and healing many skin problems which has given great releif to so many animals in our care. I have used Malaseb on my own pets also when they have experienced skin troubles. Great product.
This product works. It treats a large number of skin problems and it works brilliantly. I work in animal welfare and we use this product all the time and it has helped many suffering animals.
I have used this on both of my dogs. One of which is a show dog. Even though it is not ment to it does whiten the coat while caring for the ubderlying skin conditions. My other dog needs to be washed in either medicated or oatmeal shampoo at least once a week. It removes the redness rom her skin and helps heal any scabs. The downsides for this is that if your pet tends to drink their bathwater (like mine does) another method of bathing is required as there are some poisonous ingredients and it can be far more expensive than medicated shampoo from the pet store or supermarket.
remove redness, available in both large and small bottles
can be expensive, contains poison
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. We have been using it for 4 years, after my mums old staffy developed terrible allergies. Her skin looked like she had boiling water poured on it. It cleared up in no time. We use it in her ears as well. My two staffy's have small allergies and this seems to really help with the redness. The swelling go's straight down and they stop licking the areas. If I use other products it comes back.
Clears skin, smells great, Really Works
- ‹ Prev
- Next ›
Questions & Answers
My cats licking herself after being bathed with the shampoo. I hopefully rinsed it quite thouroughly but could there be an effect is for some reason I didn’t I’m very worried just in case
Can malaseb be used to wash my dog on a monthly basis , and is it ok for there coat.
I haven't used this for years because I found it to be a waste of money, smells digusting & really dried out coats on the dogs I tried it on. I've found having a great homeopathic vet is far more cost effective & much better for my dogs health than using any of these types of products especially for skin issues. I now have 4 dogs & the only chemical products I use are heartworm & regular worming tablets.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.