Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo (page 3 of 3)

Pros

• Can relieve dry, itchy skin

• Smells nice and fresh

• Leaves coat feeling soft

Reamus

ReamusLara

Pet skin allergies gone

My 2 toy poodles have seasonal allergies and it was recomended I try Malaseb. I needed to give them a couple of baths before they stopped their scratching, with regular use they no longer scratch. The only drawback is having to leave the shampoo on them for 10 minutes, and preventing them from licking themselves.( I wrap them up in a towel).
It works
Having to leave it on for 10 minutes

Lumi Sage

Lumi SageBrisbane

Perfect for itchy, allergy prone dogs.

Joan Buckingham

Joan BuckinghamMid North Coast, NSW

I find this shampoo very good for fungal infections as I have Clumbers and a Golden Retriever' inside their ears are apt to get a bit smelly but I do not have any more of those problems as I just shampoo inside their ears with Malaseb when they have their bath and no problems any more,I find this shampoo excellent.

Pet Medications

Find out how Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo compares to other Pet Medications

Dangerous

I was told to use this by my local vet, the label failed to mention it shouldn't be used on the head and some of it went into my pet's nose and has now cause respiratory problems. Since this is a shampoo that's used on pets who are very unlikely to sit there quietly while you wash them, one would think the product would be created to cause the least amount of harm to this if something was ingested by accident. I ended up throwing away the bottle and will never put anything this strong on my pet, it's appalling to think that a product this dangerous is allowed on the market. One must wonder the long term effects on animals especially since humans have to wear gloves to use this. Stay away from this product!

Very dangerous to use

ChrisRoubis2010

I have never used gloves.

tanyajane

tanyajane

Good

This is a good prodcut and worth the extra expense. I found that a little wen a long way and I did not have to use a lot. My dog seemed to enjoy the prodcut and stayed clean and itch free for quite some time. Overall, a great buy that worth the effort to locate it.
It worked. Although I have a very short haired dog he has dry, scaly and itchy skin which he lickes and makes worse. This worked really well and he smelt great
I found it difficult to get and had to get a pet supply store to special rder it.

ChrisRoubis2010

ebay sells it much cheaper than pet stores

Helen00

Helen00BRISBANE

This worked well

I have 2 Yorkies, but one has very sensitive skin, and had rashes on his back and used to lick his paw pads, which looked inflamed & sore.
I tried several other treatments, & then I asked my vet for advice. She recommended Malaseb Medicated shampoo, while it is very expensive it does work very well & I would recommend this product to others.
Works well at getting rid of the redness & irritations on my dogs skin
the cos, as it is quite expensive.

aaron66
aaron66
ChrisRoubis2010

used malaseb on my dog because he chewed the tops of his paws... fixed his problem

amanda_01

amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

I've used this on both my dogs and cats for their skin disorders and it really does work. I've also worked in a veterinary surgery, and seen it work wonders on dogs that I thought nothing would help clear up their skin, and it did! It is a little bit expensive, but a small bottle goes a long way, so it's well worth the price.
As it says, it's antifungal, antibacterial and antipuritic, so it works on a wide variety of skin disorders. And it DOES work!
Can make the skin drier if used too often, or in too great a concentrations.

glitter

glitter

Loved this product. my dog has skin allergies so i found this product to be very good in with skin allergies. She stops scrathing to give her releif. I use it a couple of times a week at the begining of the summer.
stop my dog itching
none do far

LouiseMELBOURNE

Not good for cats

I used this on my cat and then he was having breathing problems. On the bottle it says it can be used for cats and dogs, however due to cats licking themselves more than dogs, it ends up poisoning them.

I highly recommend to not use this product on a cat/kitten as it cost me a lot of money at the vets and he had to be on tablets for 3 weeks and nearly died.

expensive and poisoned my cat

George28
George28
ChrisRoubis2010

yes you must thoroughly rinse it off

Louise

I'm a vet nurse so yes I did all the rights things. This product should not be used on cats

MaggieP

MaggiePNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Works on horses as well

We used this on our mare's pastern area where she had mudfever/ greasy heel. Before we tried this we'd tried everything we could think of including Manuka honey and betadine. She would get a little better and then it would break down again to the point she became lame. We tried this (once)! and followed up with Filtrabac ointment (we had used the ointment previously with other treatments). However, Malaseb cleared it up beautifully and the Filtrabac then was used as a barrier cream.
Efficient, fast and totally effective (for our mare).
It's not cheap - but results speak for themselves.

totaltobie

totaltobie

Good

I work in animal welfare and we reguarly use Malaseb on animal skin problems as per veterinary recommendation. I have seem it work wonders on so many poor neglected animals improving and healing many skin problems which has given great releif to so many animals in our care. I have used Malaseb on my own pets also when they have experienced skin troubles. Great product.
This product works. It treats a large number of skin problems and it works brilliantly. I work in animal welfare and we use this product all the time and it has helped many suffering animals.
Expensive.

kawellington

kawellington

Good

I have used this on both of my dogs. One of which is a show dog. Even though it is not ment to it does whiten the coat while caring for the ubderlying skin conditions. My other dog needs to be washed in either medicated or oatmeal shampoo at least once a week. It removes the redness rom her skin and helps heal any scabs. The downsides for this is that if your pet tends to drink their bathwater (like mine does) another method of bathing is required as there are some poisonous ingredients and it can be far more expensive than medicated shampoo from the pet store or supermarket.
remove redness, available in both large and small bottles
can be expensive, contains poison

happy_life

happy_lifeQLD, 4817

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. We have been using it for 4 years, after my mums old staffy developed terrible allergies. Her skin looked like she had boiling water poured on it. It cleared up in no time. We use it in her ears as well. My two staffy's have small allergies and this seems to really help with the redness. The swelling go's straight down and they stop licking the areas. If I use other products it comes back.
Clears skin, smells great, Really Works

paddlepaws

paddlepawsAustralia

Good

We used this product for many years on our old Chihuahua who had terrible skin irritation. She was bathed in Malaseb every time she had a bath, and if she had a skin rash come up, she was given an extra bath. It cleared up almost immediately.
Excellent for controlling skin infections

melanie-pr28022

melanie-pr28022

I used to use this product on my old poodle who had terrible skin. While it did not cure it (it was incurable) it was the only product that gave her any relief. I would highly recommend this product.
It really works and is pleasant to use
None that I am aware of

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo reviews

Jenell Mcmeekin

Jenell Mcmeekinasked

Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?

Dena F.

I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.

S K.

S K.asked

Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?

Heather

Heatherasked

Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?

Dena F.

I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo questions

Features:

• The Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo treats Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (a skin infection involving bacteria and yeast) and can help treat Dermatophytosis (ringworm) in pets.
  • It kills microorganisms, helping keep yeast and bacteria growth at manageable levels so that your dog or cat is left itch and flake-free.
  • The shampoo also removes excess scale and oils that can be produced when skin is infected, helping your pet maintain a healthy, glossy coat.
  • The product has the added benefit of removing allergens - such as pollen - from the skin or fur that may be causing irritation.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the medicated shampoo relieved and softened dry, itchy skin and was good for preventing scratching.
  • Many reviewers appreciated that it was effective in treating a range of skin infections and allergies, such as yeast infections and ringworm.
  • The product smells nice and fresh, according to reviewers.
  • They also said that the shampoo left their pet’s coat feeling soft.

Something to consider

• It’s a leave-in shampoo that needs to be on your pet’s skin and coat for 10 minutes for maximum effectiveness. You must supervise your pet during the 10 minutes to ensure they don’t lick the product.