Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Rod

RodMid West, WA

Bad reaction

Purchased in November 2020 for A$25.00.

Awful shampoo

Left my cat with a respiratory infection & skin blisters all over him gone in the bin absolutely terrible stuff will stick to Johnson baby bath in the future expensive stuff too get refused refund

Purchased at Vet Net Supplies for A$36.00.

Devil

Devil

Horrible product

This shampoo smells disgusting, dries out coat & skin which is not surprising considering ingredients. I tried this on various dogs over many years & had no improvement at all. Have found several natural products not filled with toxic chemicals that do a far better job although since I started feeding my 3 dogs only fresh fruit, vegetables & free range chicken with no processed food at all they have never had any skin problems.

Pet Medications

Find out how Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo compares to other Pet Medications

Aussieladee

AussieladeeAU

Dangerous!

I used Malaseb on my dog because it is supposed to be safe for dogs with skin problems but some got into his eye & it very quickly caused a chemical burn on the eye. His vet has been treating it for nearly 3 weeks now & we had to see an ophthalmologist because it caused so much damage, there is still a chance my dog will lose his eye so I will never use this again. There are many other products available that contain natural & safe ingredients that would be safer than this toxic shampoo.

Poison

After using malaseb for years on my cavvies...my latest cav pup..1yr old..licked shampoo vomited for hours..now has a liver toxicity problem won't eat and came close to passing away.. It's a very severe reaction but really not worth the risk.. Poured malaseb down sink. Would not ever recommend to anyone. Dog groomer of 25 years.

Mitch

Mitch

Dog developed severe eye ulcer

I will never use this product again. Be VERY careful. After following the directions, my dog developed a severe eye ulcer that required regular medication, multiple visits to the vet and $500. Never again!

Jill

JillSydney

Adverse reactions

I used this on my puppy and he came out in lumps and bumps under his fur. On his head only. Has anyone else had a reaction to this shampoo

beckelljess

beckelljessAU

Awful

Well, after aloveen broke our girl out in horrible dermatatis and my hands in blisters we were tol by a pet ahop this would clear it up...

Let me start by saying.. it says to wear gloves .. now if I have to wear gloves and not get it on my skin I was apprehensive about using this all over my poor girls body.. and rightfully so..

This just made the issue worse..

If you need a medicated shampoo use PAW Mediderm with Nutriderm Conditioner.. A much kinder product for both pooch and human alike!

Dangerous

I was told to use this by my local vet, the label failed to mention it shouldn't be used on the head and some of it went into my pet's nose and has now cause respiratory problems. Since this is a shampoo that's used on pets who are very unlikely to sit there quietly while you wash them, one would think the product would be created to cause the least amount of harm to this if something was ingested by accident. I ended up throwing away the bottle and will never put anything this strong on my pet, it's appalling to think that a product this dangerous is allowed on the market. One must wonder the long term effects on animals especially since humans have to wear gloves to use this. Stay away from this product!

Very dangerous to use

ChrisRoubis2010

I have never used gloves.

Pet Medications

LouiseMELBOURNE

Not good for cats

I used this on my cat and then he was having breathing problems. On the bottle it says it can be used for cats and dogs, however due to cats licking themselves more than dogs, it ends up poisoning them.

I highly recommend to not use this product on a cat/kitten as it cost me a lot of money at the vets and he had to be on tablets for 3 weeks and nearly died.

expensive and poisoned my cat

George28
George28
ChrisRoubis2010

yes you must thoroughly rinse it off

Louise

I'm a vet nurse so yes I did all the rights things. This product should not be used on cats

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo reviews

Jenell Mcmeekin

Jenell Mcmeekinasked

Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?

Dena F.

I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.

S K.

S K.asked

Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?

Heather

Heatherasked

Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?

Dena F.

I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.