Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

melaseb

My dog was allergic to this product and made this skin flaking and itchiness worse. I rang a specialist skin
vet who told me that they recommend this shampoo to be diluted 1 to 10 parts water. i tried this poured over him
lathered it up and then rinsed it off within 2-3 minutes. It now has helped him. No one else recommended this shampoo to be diluted.

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo reviews

Jenell Mcmeekin

Jenell Mcmeekinasked

Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?

Dena F.

I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.

S K.

S K.asked

Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?

Heather

Heatherasked

Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?

Dena F.

I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.