Can relieve dry, itchy skin
Smells nice and fresh
Leaves coat feeling soft
We used this product for many years on our old Chihuahua who had terrible skin irritation. She was bathed in Malaseb every time she had a bath, and if she had a skin rash come up, she was given an extra bath. It cleared up almost immediately.
Excellent for controlling skin infections
Questions & Answers
Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?
I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.
Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?
Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?
I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.
- The Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo treats Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (a skin infection involving bacteria and yeast) and can help treat Dermatophytosis (ringworm) in pets.
- It kills microorganisms, helping keep yeast and bacteria growth at manageable levels so that your dog or cat is left itch and flake-free.
- The shampoo also removes excess scale and oils that can be produced when skin is infected, helping your pet maintain a healthy, glossy coat.
- The product has the added benefit of removing allergens - such as pollen - from the skin or fur that may be causing irritation.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers said that the medicated shampoo relieved and softened dry, itchy skin and was good for preventing scratching.
- Many reviewers appreciated that it was effective in treating a range of skin infections and allergies, such as yeast infections and ringworm.
- The product smells nice and fresh, according to reviewers.
- They also said that the shampoo left their pet’s coat feeling soft.
Something to consider
- It’s a leave-in shampoo that needs to be on your pet’s skin and coat for 10 minutes for maximum effectiveness. You must supervise your pet during the 10 minutes to ensure they don’t lick the product.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.