Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Pros

• Can relieve dry, itchy skin

• Smells nice and fresh

• Leaves coat feeling soft

Rod

RodMid West, WA

Bad reaction

Purchased in November 2020 for $25.00.

Best product

I have used this product on my dog since he was puppy. It is great to for his itchy skin and prevents him from scratching. Highly recommend this product to dog owners.

Purchased in March 2020 at Baby Barn Discounts.

Emma

EmmaCentral West, NSW

Good for Ringworm prevention and treatment in dogs

Pet Medications

Find out how Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo compares to other Pet Medications

ShariR

ShariRNorth Queensland, QLD

Top product!

My pup gets periods of inflamed itchy skin which sometimes can be dry and flaky and at other times seem moist and warm. I got this shampoo and it was like instant relief for the both of us. There’s nothing worse than watching your loved pet suffer and scratch and become red all over. This shampoo smells nice and fresh, really calms her skin, redness goes away and itchy is soothed. Completely worth every cent! And saved her from taking medication instead. A much easier, less costly and healthier alternative, and she smelled pretty and felt soothed after her first wash. Love it! Happy pup, happy me!

Purchased in September 2019 at Petbarn for $30.00.

Awful shampoo

Left my cat with a respiratory infection & skin blisters all over him gone in the bin absolutely terrible stuff will stick to Johnson baby bath in the future expensive stuff too get refused refund

Purchased at Vet Net Supplies for $36.00.

Jade Pratley

Jade PratleyPeel, WA

Smells amazing

If you have been on the hunt for a great shampoo for your dog and haven’t found anything out then look no further as this product leaves your dog looking and smelling so fresh and clean and the benefits last ages .
I have tried many shampoos for my dogs and this is the only product that leaves them smelling so good for so long !
When it comes to price it is on the higher end of the spectrum but you pay for what you get in the end it’s cheaper than taking them to a grooming salon and yet you get the same great smelling result!

Purchased in April 2019 at Petbarn for $40.00.

happy puppies

happy puppiesPerth, WA

better than i could have expected

a little expensive, but i've saved a fortune on vets bills and medication, and have a happier dog. Wished i'd known about this years ago when i was advised the only remedy was cortisone

Purchased in January 2018 for $55.00.

Devil

Devil

Horrible product

This shampoo smells disgusting, dries out coat & skin which is not surprising considering ingredients. I tried this on various dogs over many years & had no improvement at all. Have found several natural products not filled with toxic chemicals that do a far better job although since I started feeding my 3 dogs only fresh fruit, vegetables & free range chicken with no processed food at all they have never had any skin problems.

Barry

BarryAlexandra Hills

Itching and smell have gone

Malaseb Medicated Shampoo was recommended to me 2 years ago after my little dog was diagnosed with a skin condition that made him itch and gave off a nasty odour. I wash him twice a week (once in winter) making sure to massage the malaseb in well and leave on for the recommended 10 minutes. I noticed an improvement almost immediately but have continued to use malaseb to avoid the dermatitis an itching from returning. Happy dog and happy owner as he no longer rubs his back over the carpet.

Shirl

Shirl

Best product

Vet suggested for dermatitis on our boxer was itching non stop and was totally uncomfortable one wash and was 90% couple more and was totally gone best product ever

Review collected in partnership with Dermcare-Vet

Jillian walker

Jillian walkerHamilton

Dermcare

I used this product on my dog and it really worked well massaging the product ont her skin and then wash thoroughly helped her skin from being red to normal highly recommended this product

Cec

CecSydney

We use it every week

Our vet recommended this shampoo as our Bulldogs tail pocket was a bit smelly and this really solves the issue if we stay on top of it. Would recommend

sarah

sarah

Perfect. Done the job

My poor girl was as so itchy and I tried a few different products to no use. A helpful lady from overstock suggested I try this and my dog instantly relived from irritation and itching that was driving us both insane.
She is much happier and on top of leaving her nice and clean She is soft and fluffy!

Amanda F

Amanda FMelbourne

Perfect for my Lab

My 1 Year old has bad skin reaction to super market products and out vet told us to try this product for our pet. No more reactions.

Aussieladee

AussieladeeAU

Dangerous!

I used Malaseb on my dog because it is supposed to be safe for dogs with skin problems but some got into his eye & it very quickly caused a chemical burn on the eye. His vet has been treating it for nearly 3 weeks now & we had to see an ophthalmologist because it caused so much damage, there is still a chance my dog will lose his eye so I will never use this again. There are many other products available that contain natural & safe ingredients that would be safer than this toxic shampoo.

Janet

Janet

Used on horse for bad case of greasy heel/mud fever

Poison

After using malaseb for years on my cavvies...my latest cav pup..1yr old..licked shampoo vomited for hours..now has a liver toxicity problem won't eat and came close to passing away.. It's a very severe reaction but really not worth the risk.. Poured malaseb down sink. Would not ever recommend to anyone. Dog groomer of 25 years.

Myra N

Myra N

Amazed at results

I have tried selsun blue,neem oil,coconut oil,acv,probiotics, oil of oregano, and everything else. I started using about 8 washes ago (twice a week)ted has gone from a miserable itchy, greasy, black skinned dog with major hair and weight loss to a dog with a beautiful full coat, skin so much better, itching 100%better,put on weight,happy,sleeping not itching, definitely works on yeast infection. Brilliant!!

iamagirl69

iamagirl69South Australia

This product is brilliant for dogs with difficult to treat, skin conditions

I have a small x bred terrier who is so low to the ground, she often gets rashes from her belly touching grasses etc. (especially rye grass) when this happens, I wash her in a diluted solution ( 1 part to ten parts water) of Malaseb medicated dog shampoo and whatever rash, infection or skin irritation she has, has calmed down within two to four hours. It is not the greatest smelling product on the market, but it works each and every time I use it. It is also highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. I have had the same bottle (which is still half full) for over a year and a half now. I recommend this product highly for dogs that are prone to recurrent and or difficult to treat skin conditions.

Jo Blogger

Jo Blogger

Top stuff

Great medicated shampoo For dogs. Cream Male retriever 4 years old.
We go camping a lot so it's nice to know, it has bug fighting ingredients in. He also had a staff infection and this really helped calm his skin.

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo reviews

Jenell Mcmeekin

Jenell Mcmeekinasked

Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?

Dena F.

I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.

S K.

S K.asked

Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?

Heather

Heatherasked

Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?

Dena F.

I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo questions

Features:

• The Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo treats Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (a skin infection involving bacteria and yeast) and can help treat Dermatophytosis (ringworm) in pets.
  • It kills microorganisms, helping keep yeast and bacteria growth at manageable levels so that your dog or cat is left itch and flake-free.
  • The shampoo also removes excess scale and oils that can be produced when skin is infected, helping your pet maintain a healthy, glossy coat.
  • The product has the added benefit of removing allergens - such as pollen - from the skin or fur that may be causing irritation.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the medicated shampoo relieved and softened dry, itchy skin and was good for preventing scratching.
  • Many reviewers appreciated that it was effective in treating a range of skin infections and allergies, such as yeast infections and ringworm.
  • The product smells nice and fresh, according to reviewers.
  • They also said that the shampoo left their pet’s coat feeling soft.

Something to consider

• It’s a leave-in shampoo that needs to be on your pet’s skin and coat for 10 minutes for maximum effectiveness. You must supervise your pet during the 10 minutes to ensure they don’t lick the product.