Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dena F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love/Hate Malaseb

I've been recommended Malaseb by vets, but I found it drying. Then my vet said to use for one of my dog's allergy rash and dilute it 1:10 for cleaning ears. I reread the instructions and realised I was using far too much as shampoo. For the past few weeks I've used the amount on the bottle, and QV bath oil afterwards. It has helped both my dog's itching. Just don't pour heaps straight out of the bottle on to your pet, like I used to.

Purchased in April 2020 at PetStock for A$29.00.

Kevin Blaney

Kevin BlaneyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I use this product in my grooming salon.

I’m a groomer & I swear by malaseb. I encourage any of my clients who have fur babies with skin conditions to try it. I have never had any say it didn’t work. I strongly recommend you follow the instructions to the letter, such as letting your fur baby “soak” for a full ten minutes. If you don’t you will not get the full benefits. I hope others have the success I have seen with this product.

Cassandra Smith

Cassandra SmithBrisbane

Great Product

Fantastic product recommend by our vet for skin allergies. We found out during renovations our Scott terrier was allergic to plaster dust. shampooing once a week helped with the problem

Pet Grooming & Hygiene Products

Find out how Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo compares to other Pet Grooming & Hygiene Products

anna 2016

anna 2016Perth, WA

? allergy

He may be allergic. Malaseb can dry out the dogs skin. Mix a good bathoil such as qv with some warm water and rinse. In fact this all i use on my little dogs to wash them now, it is hard to get a lather but once you've soaked them in it you don't need to rinse and leaves their coat very soft.

Sarzie Mac

Sarzie MacSydney

Worked well on cat with unknown skin condition

I had a cat with a skin condition we could never discover the cause of. Lathering him in this, holding him in a towel for the 10 minutes and then rinsing off and applying a conditioner helped him out but did not cure him of the problem.
I have since acquired a rescue dog with terrible "hot spots" all over her body, but this shampoo did not work on her at all. I suggest it be used in combination with diet changes if possible as my dog benefited from only eating boiled chicken/turkey and certain vegetables such as carrot/pumpkin. If you have a dog with these symptoms (red rash, hot to the touch, fur either falling out or being bitten off) please take them off processed dog foods and try a different diet as well as the bathing.

Reamus

ReamusLara

Pet skin allergies gone

My 2 toy poodles have seasonal allergies and it was recomended I try Malaseb. I needed to give them a couple of baths before they stopped their scratching, with regular use they no longer scratch. The only drawback is having to leave the shampoo on them for 10 minutes, and preventing them from licking themselves.( I wrap them up in a towel).
It works
Having to leave it on for 10 minutes

tanyajane

tanyajane

Good

This is a good prodcut and worth the extra expense. I found that a little wen a long way and I did not have to use a lot. My dog seemed to enjoy the prodcut and stayed clean and itch free for quite some time. Overall, a great buy that worth the effort to locate it.
It worked. Although I have a very short haired dog he has dry, scaly and itchy skin which he lickes and makes worse. This worked really well and he smelt great
I found it difficult to get and had to get a pet supply store to special rder it.

ChrisRoubis2010
ChrisRoubis2010

ebay sells it much cheaper than pet stores

totaltobie

totaltobie

Good

I work in animal welfare and we reguarly use Malaseb on animal skin problems as per veterinary recommendation. I have seem it work wonders on so many poor neglected animals improving and healing many skin problems which has given great releif to so many animals in our care. I have used Malaseb on my own pets also when they have experienced skin troubles. Great product.
This product works. It treats a large number of skin problems and it works brilliantly. I work in animal welfare and we use this product all the time and it has helped many suffering animals.
Expensive.

kawellington

kawellington

Good

I have used this on both of my dogs. One of which is a show dog. Even though it is not ment to it does whiten the coat while caring for the ubderlying skin conditions. My other dog needs to be washed in either medicated or oatmeal shampoo at least once a week. It removes the redness rom her skin and helps heal any scabs. The downsides for this is that if your pet tends to drink their bathwater (like mine does) another method of bathing is required as there are some poisonous ingredients and it can be far more expensive than medicated shampoo from the pet store or supermarket.
remove redness, available in both large and small bottles
can be expensive, contains poison

Pet Grooming & Hygiene Products

paddlepaws

paddlepawsAustralia

Good

We used this product for many years on our old Chihuahua who had terrible skin irritation. She was bathed in Malaseb every time she had a bath, and if she had a skin rash come up, she was given an extra bath. It cleared up almost immediately.
Excellent for controlling skin infections

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo reviews

Jenell Mcmeekin

Jenell Mcmeekinasked

Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?

Dena F.

I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.

S K.

S K.asked

Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?

Heather

Heatherasked

Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?

Dena F.

I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.