Can relieve dry, itchy skin
Smells nice and fresh
Leaves coat feeling soft
Loved this product. my dog has skin allergies so i found this product to be very good in with skin allergies. She stops scrathing to give her releif. I use it a couple of times a week at the begining of the summer.
stop my dog itching
none do far
Not good for cats
I used this on my cat and then he was having breathing problems. On the bottle it says it can be used for cats and dogs, however due to cats licking themselves more than dogs, it ends up poisoning them.
I highly recommend to not use this product on a cat/kitten as it cost me a lot of money at the vets and he had to be on tablets for 3 weeks and nearly died.
expensive and poisoned my cat
Works on horses as well
We used this on our mare's pastern area where she had mudfever/ greasy heel. Before we tried this we'd tried everything we could think of including Manuka honey and betadine. She would get a little better and then it would break down again to the point she became lame. We tried this (once)! and followed up with Filtrabac ointment (we had used the ointment previously with other treatments). However, Malaseb cleared it up beautifully and the Filtrabac then was used as a barrier cream.
Efficient, fast and totally effective (for our mare).
It's not cheap - but results speak for themselves.
Find out how Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo compares to other Pet Medications
Know better, choose better.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. We have been using it for 4 years, after my mums old staffy developed terrible allergies. Her skin looked like she had boiling water poured on it. It cleared up in no time. We use it in her ears as well. My two staffy's have small allergies and this seems to really help with the redness. The swelling go's straight down and they stop licking the areas. If I use other products it comes back.
Clears skin, smells great, Really Works
I used to use this product on my old poodle who had terrible skin. While it did not cure it (it was incurable) it was the only product that gave her any relief. I would highly recommend this product.
It really works and is pleasant to use
None that I am aware of
Questions & Answers
Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?
I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.
Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?
Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?
I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.
- The Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo treats Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (a skin infection involving bacteria and yeast) and can help treat Dermatophytosis (ringworm) in pets.
- It kills microorganisms, helping keep yeast and bacteria growth at manageable levels so that your dog or cat is left itch and flake-free.
- The shampoo also removes excess scale and oils that can be produced when skin is infected, helping your pet maintain a healthy, glossy coat.
- The product has the added benefit of removing allergens - such as pollen - from the skin or fur that may be causing irritation.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers said that the medicated shampoo relieved and softened dry, itchy skin and was good for preventing scratching.
- Many reviewers appreciated that it was effective in treating a range of skin infections and allergies, such as yeast infections and ringworm.
- The product smells nice and fresh, according to reviewers.
- They also said that the shampoo left their pet’s coat feeling soft.
Something to consider
- It’s a leave-in shampoo that needs to be on your pet’s skin and coat for 10 minutes for maximum effectiveness. You must supervise your pet during the 10 minutes to ensure they don’t lick the product.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.