Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo (page 2 of 3)

Pros

• Can relieve dry, itchy skin

• Smells nice and fresh

• Leaves coat feeling soft

Jimmy

JimmyBrisbane

Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Previously been to three Vets and a respected dog groomer concerning my dogs skin and ear yeast based infections. Trying everything from tea, vinegar, prescription medication, and other ear cleaning products. Wasn't until our dog had a very bad breakout of a skin infection that the last vet we saw recommended Malaseb. The change in my dogs skin condition was very noticeable after a couple of days. Two weeks later and he's virtually all better with no signs of infection. Can't recommend the product enough and I wished one of the other vets recommended this earlier. Will continue to use this product as a maintenance strategy.

DKH

DKHAthens

Awesome!!! Love it!

I bathed my 12 year old pit bull with this shampoo and instantly saw results. He's taken steroids and antibiotics off and on for years. This really did help my BamBam and I've tried everything from vinegar to different flea control. I found this online and tried it. I will DEFINITELY purchase Malaseb again.

Mitch

Mitch

Dog developed severe eye ulcer

I will never use this product again. Be VERY careful. After following the directions, my dog developed a severe eye ulcer that required regular medication, multiple visits to the vet and $500. Never again!

Pet Medications

Find out how Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo compares to other Pet Medications

Works great!

My Lacey has a bad case of bacterial infection secondary to a yeast infection. Was placed on 2 antibiotics, a steroid, ear drops and this shampoo. Within a day she experienced tremendous relief, and a few days later, I bathed her with this and it works great. Her skin and fur are back to normal with no adverse reactions.

Bob

BobNarangba

Just what the doctor ordered.

My dog has suffered many years with a skin fungal infection that made him itch and scratch all the time which led him to have a smell owing to the bacteria. I tried several products with no success, until I read about Malaseb Medicated shampoo. After 2 weeks, 2 washes a week, he stopped scratching and the smell he had had all those years had gone. Now we use it once a week his coat is softer and he's pleasant to be around. The Important part of the treatment is that you apply the shampoo and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.

Its only my opinion :-)

Jill

JillSydney

Adverse reactions

I used this on my puppy and he came out in lumps and bumps under his fur. On his head only. Has anyone else had a reaction to this shampoo

Heather

HeatherGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product for yeast infection in ears and between toes

Our gorgeous doggie has long ears and hair and has been prone to yeast ear infections caused by a lack of air getting to the ears. Also yeast between the toes where she is quite hairy, again lack of air, and under front arms. This product works! Hooray! Bathe the feet and underarms, but for the ears, mix one part Malaseb to 5 parts warm water and syringe into ears, slosh around and repeat. It kills the yeast. I usually follow up with Apex PMP ear drops for a few days.

Margaret

MargaretPerth

THANK YOU, MALASEB!

My poor Pixie had a terrible case of dermatitis secondary to a sudden flea infestation. She was covered in itchy, flaky pieces of skin which, if rubbed off, caused bleeding. I used this shampoo just once, as directed. It lifted off ALL the flaky pieces of skin, without any adverse effects (none for me either and I have sensitive skin and didn't wear gloves). She still has a little bit of itching, but only scratches a little bit (before she was scratching and biting herself) and I am hoping that after a few treatments the dermatitis will be cured. Was not expecting such a dramatic result from just one treatment. Pixie is not suffering any more. Wish I had taken a "before" pic.

beckelljess

beckelljessAU

Awful

Well, after aloveen broke our girl out in horrible dermatatis and my hands in blisters we were tol by a pet ahop this would clear it up...

Let me start by saying.. it says to wear gloves .. now if I have to wear gloves and not get it on my skin I was apprehensive about using this all over my poor girls body.. and rightfully so..

This just made the issue worse..

If you need a medicated shampoo use PAW Mediderm with Nutriderm Conditioner.. A much kinder product for both pooch and human alike!

Dogs itching cured

All tests were negative for my dog. Her skin was so itchy she would throw herself on her back several times a night. Also, her pink skin was always turning black. One washing with this product and her skin crusted up by the next morning. Shes had 3 applications and itching is 90% gone. she has been suffering for years, I had tried other antifungals. This one finally worked,

Beaky

BeakyMaudsland

An Amazing Treatment

K.O.

K.O.Sarasota

The yeast solution...Finally!!

Yeast finally subsiding after 5 month battle!! Works much better than Dechra. This came highly recommended by my veterinarian. I wish I had found this sooner! I would recommend this for any dog who is battling a nasty yeast infection. The end of this long battle is finally in sight

knickerz

knickerzQueensland, Australia

a must have in our home!

Read all labels! 10minutes, high supervision required, if you cannot follow basic instructions well its simple don't own a pet. My 10year old tom cat suffers all bouts of seasonal allergies, food allergies, flea and mosquito allergies the list goes on. I normally warm dunk him in water, shampoo him up and nurse him in a towel. Like any shampoo it's not for their face and eyes der! Would you rub shampoo into your children's face and eyes? No? Good same goes for your furball. Steqdy warm rinse until no more foaming or bubbles, towel dry and he does the rest. Alleviates his poor itchies.
reliable by far!

Lumi Sage

Lumi SageBrisbane

Perfect for itchy, allergy prone dogs.

Joan Buckingham

Joan BuckinghamMid North Coast, NSW

I find this shampoo very good for fungal infections as I have Clumbers and a Golden Retriever' inside their ears are apt to get a bit smelly but I do not have any more of those problems as I just shampoo inside their ears with Malaseb when they have their bath and no problems any more,I find this shampoo excellent.

Dangerous

I was told to use this by my local vet, the label failed to mention it shouldn't be used on the head and some of it went into my pet's nose and has now cause respiratory problems. Since this is a shampoo that's used on pets who are very unlikely to sit there quietly while you wash them, one would think the product would be created to cause the least amount of harm to this if something was ingested by accident. I ended up throwing away the bottle and will never put anything this strong on my pet, it's appalling to think that a product this dangerous is allowed on the market. One must wonder the long term effects on animals especially since humans have to wear gloves to use this. Stay away from this product!

Very dangerous to use

ChrisRoubis2010

I have never used gloves.

Helen00

Helen00BRISBANE

This worked well

I have 2 Yorkies, but one has very sensitive skin, and had rashes on his back and used to lick his paw pads, which looked inflamed & sore.
I tried several other treatments, & then I asked my vet for advice. She recommended Malaseb Medicated shampoo, while it is very expensive it does work very well & I would recommend this product to others.
Works well at getting rid of the redness & irritations on my dogs skin
the cos, as it is quite expensive.

aaron66
aaron66
ChrisRoubis2010

used malaseb on my dog because he chewed the tops of his paws... fixed his problem

amanda_01

amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

I've used this on both my dogs and cats for their skin disorders and it really does work. I've also worked in a veterinary surgery, and seen it work wonders on dogs that I thought nothing would help clear up their skin, and it did! It is a little bit expensive, but a small bottle goes a long way, so it's well worth the price.
As it says, it's antifungal, antibacterial and antipuritic, so it works on a wide variety of skin disorders. And it DOES work!
Can make the skin drier if used too often, or in too great a concentrations.

glitter

glitter

Loved this product. my dog has skin allergies so i found this product to be very good in with skin allergies. She stops scrathing to give her releif. I use it a couple of times a week at the begining of the summer.
stop my dog itching
none do far

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo reviews

Jenell Mcmeekin

Jenell Mcmeekinasked

Can an unopened btle.of malaseb with an expiry date 01/18 be used?

Dena F.

I would bin it. I once tried a past-use-by medicated shampoo for humans on myself and it caused a bad rash on my scalp and I had to take steroids for three months. Not worth the $15 to buy a new bottle. Remember vets don't have Medicare.

S K.

S K.asked

Is it ok to use Malaseb after expiration date?

Heather

Heatherasked

Our dog was diagnosed to have skin fungus and was recommended to use this product every day for 2 weeks. It looks to have reduced the itching but her skin is blackening where the soap has been applied. Has anyone had this experience? Will her skin return to normal?

Dena F.

I would ring the vet if you haven't already. It could be an unrelated skin infection. Other than that, did you wash off the Malaseb after ten minutes? Once your vet has ruled out other issues, the darkening might be a side effect of leaving the shampoo on all day, which the product says not to do.

See all Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo questions

Features:

• The Dermcare-Vet Malaseb Medicated Shampoo treats Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (a skin infection involving bacteria and yeast) and can help treat Dermatophytosis (ringworm) in pets.
  • It kills microorganisms, helping keep yeast and bacteria growth at manageable levels so that your dog or cat is left itch and flake-free.
  • The shampoo also removes excess scale and oils that can be produced when skin is infected, helping your pet maintain a healthy, glossy coat.
  • The product has the added benefit of removing allergens - such as pollen - from the skin or fur that may be causing irritation.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the medicated shampoo relieved and softened dry, itchy skin and was good for preventing scratching.
  • Many reviewers appreciated that it was effective in treating a range of skin infections and allergies, such as yeast infections and ringworm.
  • The product smells nice and fresh, according to reviewers.
  • They also said that the shampoo left their pet’s coat feeling soft.

Something to consider

• It’s a leave-in shampoo that needs to be on your pet’s skin and coat for 10 minutes for maximum effectiveness. You must supervise your pet during the 10 minutes to ensure they don’t lick the product.