Diamond Energy

Listing monitored by Diamond Energy

12 questions from our users

emily s.
emily s.asked

Should I only go with Diamond Energy if I have solar panels? I am moving out and will be renting so we won't have solar, will it still be a reasonable price?

trumpetgirl

I think they do a bill compare if you ask them. They did it for us. They're good even with no solar.

Rochie
Rochieasked

I'm looking at Diamond Energy, I'm in an apartment so trying to work out whether I need solar panels or not?

trumpetgirl

It would be tricky to get solar panels in an apartment but Diamond energy is sourced from renewables, so at least you know you're helping the planet!

molly pet 4
molly pet 4asked

Is it more expensive to have solar on private rentals than owning you own home?

funguy
funguy
Sean Watt
Sean Watt

If your bill is 800 plus you may benefit. Personally I would go halves with the owner and only if your bill is really high

Tabatha C
Tabatha Casked

I am currently with AGL and am concerned about how much I pay. My bills are 1300-1700 a quarter. I have a roof full of solar panels and majority of the house is energy saving appliances etc. Are you able to help me?

Vigilant

I recommend the Alternative Energy Association for this, Tabatha. One year's membership is well worth it for you, and for them. Look up the Queensland branch.

Grazyna M
Grazyna Masked

I am considering switching providers. I have solar panels and live in postcode 3925. Could you tell me what are your rates, what is your daily connection fee, and what is your feed in tariff so that I can compare. Also is there a lock in contract and if so are you able to increase rates after I'm locked in? Many thanks.

DRose
DRose

You need to contact Diamond Energy. I am very happy with their rates & customer service plus they source 91% of their energy from renewables.

Peter K
Peter K
Nomadasked

Does Diamond Energy have a contract period?

Tony M
Tony M

No they don't

Thanks!
Also: does Diamond Energy use and install Smart Meters, for free, as does Powershop?

LyndaYates
LyndaYatesasked

I was worried by the complaint about not getting the old feed-in tariff because we get that currently. I would hate to lose it but we are with AGL and they are always rated as not supporting renewable energy which I believe in. However we have not had problems with them so should I change?

Van
Vanasked

I had solar panel installed and switched to Diamond Energy a few years ago. I'd like to ask if anyone has the 400kwh feed in per quarter limit as I do. Probably it was my bad not checking the contract properly and believed the SOLAR company who installed my system but seriously limiting 400kwh feed in is not inline with what Diamond Energy said about passionate about renewable on their website.

kwv42asked

I am with Diamond Energy but I am wondering if I supposed to get an invoice around 1 month and 12 days after the power was connected.

As I thought I supposed to get an invoice every 3 months?

And why would the invoice show two meter numbers (peak and controlled) when it is a 1 bedroom flat with gas for the stove and oven through another company.

ULPSA
ULPSA

That is OK. I got the answer in January

blythe4460
blythe4460asked

When is the best time to run our pool filter with solor panels

jennywoo

It really depends on what feed-in tariff you are getting. If you are on a plan with after hours & weekend off-peak rates, you may be better off running it during those hours. My off-peak hours are 11pm-7am & all weekend.

foxy
foxyasked

Saw Diamond Energy on the Fiftyup club list last week but not 2day?
Do u service NSW area like Hurstville P/code 2220? Tks needs answer ASAP.

Notice there was No Answers 2 questions posted by Neel (oct 6th 2013) n Sad monkey (April 29th 2013) Tks.

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy

Hi foxy, You may need to contact Diamond Energy directly regarding this question.

Sad Monkey
Sad Monkeyasked

How does this company transfer credit to the customers?

jennywoo

If my credit is greater than $50 they will pay to my bank account unless I request otherwise. I am usually in credit over the summer months then that amount is deducted from my winter bill.

Get an answer from our members and Diamond Energy representatives

Other Energy Providers

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now