Diamond Energy

Diamond Energy (page 2 of 7)

• Rates and Fees
Max
MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overpayment trying to get a refund

I like Diamond Energy but am currently very disappointed with Thier current policy in refunding overpayments of Thier account I decided to use Thier smooth pay which works really well however I recently requested a partial refund due to the balance being in excess of 846 dollars My average account being 245.00 dollars I was told this would take up to ten weeks Very dissatisfied not acceptable

April 11th 2019 Update: Re Over Payment Refund Diamond Energy

I am pleased to advise that Diamond Energy did refund my over payment after communicating my displeasure on there earlier advice that it would take up to ten weeks being there next billing period, Thank you Diamond Energy

ServicesElectricity

Great expectations

Diamond Energy has been our supplier since we switched to Solar about 7 years ago. Every now and then I do some research to see if i can pay even less. I usually find that Diamond Energy is the cheapest based on daily avg kwh and the price even if it is only a few cents, it still shows i'm paying the least so there is no benefit to switching away.

trumpetgirlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A great, green company

Finally, an electricity company that is transparent and offers great service. We have a premium feed-in tariff. When we're in credit, Diamond pays our bank account on the day the invoice is due. Never had that before! They rank second on the Greenpeace Green Electricity guide, with all renewables (no fossil fuels). That's the most important factor for us.

Steve
SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Top customer service

Life is not always about the cheapest price as cheap service usually hangs together with it. Diamond Energy goes against this by offering very competitive prices and best of all, excellent customer service. I have called a number of times and the call gets answered straight away by very friendly Aussies who sort out problems on the spot. It makes customer service at the other retailers look like a complete joke.

Great customer service

Used Diamond energy for our electricity. Quick setup incl direct debit. Excellent customer service via phone (no anoying menus). Detailed and useful quarterly usage reports via email.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Anita
AnitaSunshine Coast

Consistent, perfect renewables power supply at great rates

Hands down the best electricity company I have ever dealt with. And the only one to ever offer me discounts. If you believe renewables are the future, I'd recommend them.

funguySouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to deal with.

House is 100% electric.
Switched over a couple of years back form another supplier after they upped their pricing and did not tell anyone.
Diamond Energy are easy to deal with and their supply charges seem to be a little cheaper than all the others I have checked with.
I check constantly what other suppliers charge, Diamond Energy still rate the best.
Billing is easy and direct debit is convenient.
My only criticism is that you cannot access your account on their web page as you can do with others.
With all the discounts I have obtained with them, my bills are almost manageable.
At this stage I am a happy Diamond Energy customer.

Always honest

Always been happy with diamond. Have left them in the past. HUGE mistake. Back now ppl in the office actually answers your calls and Australian based and owned as far as I know. Just better than the rest. And I sent solar for a living so looking at bills constantly.

Bill shock!

Recieved a $1350 bill from these guys after recently signing up. I have a two bedroom unit and usual bill is between $300-$400 with previous companies.
Be very careful!

VigilantSouth East Queensland, QLD

Genuine and helpful

RLD
RLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exceptionally helpful and friendly staff

Friendly staff that go out of their way to help.
Value green and sustainable energy sources :)
Great service all round.

K101
K101

Best electricity company yet!

Very helpful customer service, and extremely good rates. I'm very happy with them. Other electricity companies were an absolute nightmare to deal with, but for over a year now with DE, I have no more issues! And they just emailed me to let me know that the rates have gone down, and that I'll be saving between approx $150-200 per year.

Keith D
Keith DBrisbane

A great, hassle-free experience

After being given the run-around by AGL Electricity several times, I was looking to change. And Diamond Energy seemed to be head and shoulders above the rest. And so far the experience has been very pleasant and hassle-free. Customer service is excellent, and pricing is certainly fair. I wish they'd do Gas too.

DRose
DRoseAdelaide, South Australia

100% renewable sources, reliable, great customer service

After years with AGL & Alinta, I became alarmed at their exorbitant price hikes, so I switched to Diamond Energy. My elec bills are much lower, I like that DE sources its energy from renewables not dirty coal, the supply is reliable and their customer service is excellent! Wish they also supplied gas but not as yet.

Service is the clincher.

Diamond does the best kWh/hr deal for my personal house hold consumption and PV production. (ToU) Others sometimes get close but what $ value can you put on being able to get quick sensible and informative answers over the phone (every time I have called)?
I have considered churning several times but over approx. 3 years with Diamond, the numbers (for my circumstances) when crunched convince me that great customer service is the clincher. Thanks Jess and Luke.

emily s.
emily s.asked

Should I only go with Diamond Energy if I have solar panels? I am moving out and will be renting so we won't have solar, will it still be a reasonable price?

trumpetgirl

I think they do a bill compare if you ask them. They did it for us. They're good even with no solar.

Rochie
Rochieasked

I'm looking at Diamond Energy, I'm in an apartment so trying to work out whether I need solar panels or not?

trumpetgirl

It would be tricky to get solar panels in an apartment but Diamond energy is sourced from renewables, so at least you know you're helping the planet!

molly pet 4
molly pet 4asked

Is it more expensive to have solar on private rentals than owning you own home?

Vigilant

I can only speculate, that as a tenant, after getting the owner's agreement to install panels, if indeed you are responsible for the electricity bill as most tenants in Australia are, you would earn as much credit for the electricity your panels generate as an owner would, but without the security of tenure an owner has, you will have the extra costs of uninstalling, taking the system with you and reinstalling on your next rental property...if you can find an owner who agrees to it.

Hi.
We have solar panels, a 5kw system.
Diamond energy give us 11cents per kw put back into the grid.
But I think the main benefit is that with solar it uses the power generated for the home use first then any excess going back into the grid.
My bills have more than halved since installing solar.
Try using your heavy electricity usage between 9am and 2pm if possible, that is the maximum gain period for solar.
I must admit I have not heard of anyone taking the solar installation with them when they move.
The way new technology is going, there will be bigger and better all the time.
Hope that helps you.

Sean Watt
Sean Watt

If your bill is 800 plus you may benefit. Personally I would go halves with the owner and only if your bill is really high

Get an answer from our members and Diamond Energy representatives