• Rates and Fees
Aruna K.
Aruna K.South East Queensland, QLD

Be Aware of hidden charge so call Diamond Pure plus 100%

The company charge me more than $60 on every invoice on top of Electricty under the name of Diamond pure plus 100%. Many customer not aware that this fee is not required to pay and it's on top of their electricty usage.
Stay with them if you want to pay extra charges and hidden fees

ServicesElectricity
Ashleigh S.Diamond Energy

Hi Aruna,
Thank you for your feedback. I have reached out to you and would like the opportunity to discuss your concern. You can contact me on 1300 838 009 during business hours and ask for me directly.
Kind Regards,
Ashleigh

Kim
KimSydney Surrounds, NSW

If I could score below 0 I would!

If I could score below 0 I would. Worst company ever! I was recommended to use this company by a friend. Worse decision I EVER made. Feed in tariff is quite low. They can't get my bills right, wrong dates on service supply charges, customer service staff is appalling as you can't get anyone who knows what they're talking about. Buyer beware. Never again!

Sue H.
Sue H.South Australia

not so great

rang and emailed diamond energy about my solar panels causing damage to my roof and ask them to move the solar panels while my roof tiles and guttering get fixed they said not in your contract

ServicesSolar Buy-Back

Daniel
DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible experience!! Do not go with this company!!!

Don’t go there!

Inaccurate billing’s and charging more than our standard Origin Bill since the get go.

Dropouts causing produce to be spoiled.

We are a not for profit association yet they couldn’t care less.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Imanza
ImanzaQueensland

Over before it even started.

ServicesElectricity
Emma
EmmaMelbourne

Many hidden charges

Admittedly I did not do my research prior but just got a bill for $424 for 4 months - one bedroom flat, no air con, lived there for 2 months, for sale for 2 months with Real Estate Agent turning power on at meter for 30 minute inspections only. I did not realise this company charges 109 cents per day for electricity whether you are using it or not, nor was it clear about the connection charges. Cant wait for the next bill with the disconnection charges.

Bill shock!

Recieved a $1350 bill from these guys after recently signing up. I have a two bedroom unit and usual bill is between $300-$400 with previous companies.
Be very careful!

Inexplicably Expensive

I live in a tiny 2 person household. It's not even a house, it's a trailer. We both work a lot and are barely home. I was shocked to receive an $800+ bill. We use gas for cooking and have mostly LED lights, no air conditioning so I'm very confused by this excessive bill. Never again. I'm shopping around to find a decent provider.

OilGuy
OilGuySydney

Do your homework and compare their rates with others

Skate
SkateMelbourne

My bills have been ridiculously expensive!

I was shocked when I received a bill of $860 dollars (over three months) for a tiny one bed room apartment.
It just didn’t seem right. They said I used up to 71 kw in one day alone which confused me as I’m frugal with my power usage. So I cancelled my membership but received the last bill over two months which was over 500 dollars! I would not recommend this company because I haven’t changed my power usage habits and I’ve never received bills so large from other providers.

WORST Energy retailer - Confusing and misleading billing

Worst energy company ever, I received 7% discount upon signing up during March 2017 but guess what? They jacked up the price by 20% in a July and didn't even bother giving the mere 7% discount.
Gotta say Diamond energy is definitely the WORST energy retailer out there, so if you're thinking of signing up with Diamond energy, make sure you already are wearing 10 24 carat diamond rings, then you wouldn't even bother letting these bloody leaches take your money.

Teresa Lavigne
Teresa LavigneBrisbane

Greedy Supplier

Tracey
TraceyBrisbane

Worst service we have ever experienced

We signed up for 100% renewable with direct debit. Assumed we were paying quarterly as agreed. 5 months after cancellation because we moved, we get a final notice for entire amount... they hadn't done a single reading in 9 months and we had never received an invoice. No responses to emails and no explanation for constant errors on their part. Avoid this company!

Diamond energy rip-offs

I have solar. Over two and a half years the feed-in rate has dropped from 22c/kWh to 8c/kWh and the daily supply charge has gone up from 50.219 cents a day to 131.44 cents a day, that is an increase of over 150%. Now you must produce more than 16 kWh daily just to cover diamond energy's supply charge. Previously 3 kWh would cover the daily supply charge. How can they justify this?

emily s.
emily s.asked

Should I only go with Diamond Energy if I have solar panels? I am moving out and will be renting so we won't have solar, will it still be a reasonable price?

trumpetgirl

I think they do a bill compare if you ask them. They did it for us. They're good even with no solar.

Rochie
Rochieasked

I'm looking at Diamond Energy, I'm in an apartment so trying to work out whether I need solar panels or not?

trumpetgirl

It would be tricky to get solar panels in an apartment but Diamond energy is sourced from renewables, so at least you know you're helping the planet!

molly pet 4
molly pet 4asked

Is it more expensive to have solar on private rentals than owning you own home?

Vigilant
Vigilant

I can only speculate, that as a tenant, after getting the owner's agreement to install panels, if indeed you are responsible for the electricity bill as most tenants in Australia are, you would earn as much credit for the electricity your panels generate as an owner would, but without the security of tenure an owner has, you will have the extra costs of uninstalling, taking the system with you and reinstalling on your next rental property...if you can find an owner who agrees to it.

funguy
funguy

Hi.
We have solar panels, a 5kw system.
Diamond energy give us 11cents per kw put back into the grid.
But I think the main benefit is that with solar it uses the power generated for the home use first then any excess going back into the grid.
My bills have more than halved since installing solar.
Try using your heavy electricity usage between 9am and 2pm if possible, that is the maximum gain period for solar.
I must admit I have not heard of anyone taking the solar installation with them when they move.
The way new technology is going, there will be bigger and better all the time.
Hope that helps you.

Sean Watt
Sean Watt

If your bill is 800 plus you may benefit. Personally I would go halves with the owner and only if your bill is really high

Get an answer from our members and Diamond Energy representatives