Max
MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overpayment trying to get a refund

I like Diamond Energy but am currently very disappointed with Thier current policy in refunding overpayments of Thier account I decided to use Thier smooth pay which works really well however I recently requested a partial refund due to the balance being in excess of 846 dollars My average account being 245.00 dollars I was told this would take up to ten weeks Very dissatisfied not acceptable

April 11th 2019 Update: Re Over Payment Refund Diamond Energy

I am pleased to advise that Diamond Energy did refund my over payment after communicating my displeasure on there earlier advice that it would take up to ten weeks being there next billing period, Thank you Diamond Energy

ServicesElectricity
Tony MMelbourne

Tony M

just to update, first bill with POWERSHOP was only $80 for the month so already saving over $50 compared to last bill with Diamond Energy. Lets see what happen over next coming months to really compare.

emily s.
emily s.asked

Should I only go with Diamond Energy if I have solar panels? I am moving out and will be renting so we won't have solar, will it still be a reasonable price?

trumpetgirl

I think they do a bill compare if you ask them. They did it for us. They're good even with no solar.

Rochie
Rochieasked

I'm looking at Diamond Energy, I'm in an apartment so trying to work out whether I need solar panels or not?

trumpetgirl

It would be tricky to get solar panels in an apartment but Diamond energy is sourced from renewables, so at least you know you're helping the planet!

molly pet 4
molly pet 4asked

Is it more expensive to have solar on private rentals than owning you own home?

Vigilant
Vigilant

I can only speculate, that as a tenant, after getting the owner's agreement to install panels, if indeed you are responsible for the electricity bill as most tenants in Australia are, you would earn as much credit for the electricity your panels generate as an owner would, but without the security of tenure an owner has, you will have the extra costs of uninstalling, taking the system with you and reinstalling on your next rental property...if you can find an owner who agrees to it.

funguy
funguy

Hi.
We have solar panels, a 5kw system.
Diamond energy give us 11cents per kw put back into the grid.
But I think the main benefit is that with solar it uses the power generated for the home use first then any excess going back into the grid.
My bills have more than halved since installing solar.
Try using your heavy electricity usage between 9am and 2pm if possible, that is the maximum gain period for solar.
I must admit I have not heard of anyone taking the solar installation with them when they move.
The way new technology is going, there will be bigger and better all the time.
Hope that helps you.

Sean Watt
Sean Watt

If your bill is 800 plus you may benefit. Personally I would go halves with the owner and only if your bill is really high

Get an answer from our members and Diamond Energy representatives