Diamond Energy

Diamond Energy

• Rates and Fees

Great expectations

Diamond Energy has been our supplier since we switched to Solar about 7 years ago. Every now and then I do some research to see if i can pay even less. I usually find that Diamond Energy is the cheapest based on daily avg kwh and the price even if it is only a few cents, it still shows i'm paying the least so there is no benefit to switching away.

Rates and Fees

VigilantSouth East Queensland, QLD

Genuine and helpful

Big Oak

Big OakCroydon Park

Best electricity retailer that I have experienced.

I have found that the service offered overall by Diamond Energy has been better by far than other providers I have experienced such as Red Energy and Energy Australia. I have been served by Amber-Lou Santer and she seems to make sure the client's situation is understood and follows through in completing requests.

Energy Providers

Find out how Diamond Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Great for solar panel owners, good buy back rate

Have found them excellent and cost effective. Very approachable on the phone and spend time to explain. Clear and simple documentation and processing. Good communicators.

Whenreviewsmatter

WhenreviewsmatterMelbourne

delivers as promised

Having solar panels and getting the credit is a good thing. After being with origin for years and seeing the fake discounts and price hikes I decided to jump ship and go with diamond. They are good, genuine and also mainly humans. In all this time I have had one problem which got sorted eventually. For all those people who have had issues and complaints please bare in mind these are humans and they do make mistakes, which can be resolved if you treat them like humans and not your slaves who bend over to your demand. Threating or mistreating them will only make things worse as the contract will be enforced even harder.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
jennywoo

jennywooGippsland, VIC

Great company to deal with

When I had solar panels installed september 2012. I switched to Diamond Energy because they offered a better deal than Energy Australia. If I need to talk to them they answer the phone quickly and are very friendly & helpful.
This company is a dream to deal with after having major account problems with Energy Australia. I highly recommend Diamond Energy.
easy to contact, friendly staff
took a while to get my pensioner concession applied to my account

plantonerdo

plantonerdomelbourne

Best energy company I have found

After having solar panels installed I started checking out solar and green energy deals. We were with AGL who were rubbish - very expensive and almost comically disinterested in connecting us to the grid so we could recieve the feed-in tariff. The guys who installed the solar system had recommended Diamond Energy who I had never heard of. I think they must be a very small company because they actually answer the phone directly instead of pushing buttons 1 and 2 and being passed from here to the Phillipines (like AGL). Anyhow we have just recieved our first bill in 3 months - $45!. We were rapt.
Small friendly company. Solar speciallists. They seem to be on your side instead of trying to bleed you dry.

emily s.

emily s.asked

Should I only go with Diamond Energy if I have solar panels? I am moving out and will be renting so we won't have solar, will it still be a reasonable price?

trumpetgirl

I think they do a bill compare if you ask them. They did it for us. They're good even with no solar.

Rochie

Rochieasked

I'm looking at Diamond Energy, I'm in an apartment so trying to work out whether I need solar panels or not?

trumpetgirl

It would be tricky to get solar panels in an apartment but Diamond energy is sourced from renewables, so at least you know you're helping the planet!

molly pet 4

molly pet 4asked

Is it more expensive to have solar on private rentals than owning you own home?

Vigilant

I can only speculate, that as a tenant, after getting the owner's agreement to install panels, if indeed you are responsible for the electricity bill as most tenants in Australia are, you would earn as much credit for the electricity your panels generate as an owner would, but without the security of tenure an owner has, you will have the extra costs of uninstalling, taking the system with you and reinstalling on your next rental property...if you can find an owner who agrees to it.

funguy
funguy

Hi.
We have solar panels, a 5kw system.
Diamond energy give us 11cents per kw put back into the grid.
But I think the main benefit is that with solar it uses the power generated for the home use first then any excess going back into the grid.
My bills have more than halved since installing solar.
Try using your heavy electricity usage between 9am and 2pm if possible, that is the maximum gain period for solar.
I must admit I have not heard of anyone taking the solar installation with them when they move.
The way new technology is going, there will be bigger and better all the time.
Hope that helps you.

Sean Watt
Sean Watt

If your bill is 800 plus you may benefit. Personally I would go halves with the owner and only if your bill is really high

Get an answer from our members and Diamond Energy representatives