Diamond Energy

Diamond Energy

• Rates and Fees
AntonyD
AntonyDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

All good! But when I use aircon, how much of the electricity used is renewable?

I'm very happy to support a power company that invests in and promotes renewable energy, and have found Diamond Energy service is superb.
But on this hot summer day, it would be great to know what percentage of the electricity our aircon is using actually comes from renewables (solar, wind etc). We don't have rooftop solar due to shading from our tall Manna Gums, so we must rely on the government and the power companies to quickly transition power generation away from fossil fuels.

Exodia
ExodiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Someone answered the phone - YAY

Have been with Diamond Energy for 2 or 3 years now. Excellent service. Real people answer the phone and help. My bill has reduced with time so I find it OK. Power supply reliable (in Brisbane). Can't speak highly enough about them. My mother is with another company and pays nearly the same as our household with 4 people.

TRD
TRDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Helpful customer service and reasonable prices

Everything has just been easy, even through moving apartments. on the phone they are patient and answer all my questions. Have been with them for about two years and am very happy.

Monika
MonikaGippsland, VIC

Sensational Company!

Real Aussies answer your phone call everytime in no time.

Friendly professional even when there are issues.

Best company I have been with out of everyone over the years.
Highly recommended!

Cheap, reliable, ethical

Have electricity with solar feed-in. Reliable power with no drop outs. Have been with Diamond for several years and customer service has always been great, easy to deal with etc. Set up process was super simple.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Ian Gardner
Ian GardnerMaleny

Excellent service!

I have been with Diamond Energy for some years now and have found them to be consistently pleasant, helpful, efficient and cheap. Apart from short breaks in supply during the occasional electricity storm I have had no power interruptions.

Amazing customer service

Diamond Energy you are amazing! I found myself in difficult times and unable to pay my bill in full . I called customer service to discuss and i was so nervous and had some anxiety initially... i even worked myself up to make the call. This was due to previous bad experiences in the past. Well! The lady i spoke to was so warm and friendly and completely understanding. I was soon relaxed and felt like i was talking to someone i knew. She efficiently and calmly helped me to a solution and I didnt feel any judgements upon me at all. Congratulations Diamond on having staff who truly are “ Diamonds in the rough”

trumpetgirlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A great, green company

Finally, an electricity company that is transparent and offers great service. We have a premium feed-in tariff. When we're in credit, Diamond pays our bank account on the day the invoice is due. Never had that before! They rank second on the Greenpeace Green Electricity guide, with all renewables (no fossil fuels). That's the most important factor for us.

Steve
SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Top customer service

Life is not always about the cheapest price as cheap service usually hangs together with it. Diamond Energy goes against this by offering very competitive prices and best of all, excellent customer service. I have called a number of times and the call gets answered straight away by very friendly Aussies who sort out problems on the spot. It makes customer service at the other retailers look like a complete joke.

Great customer service

Used Diamond energy for our electricity. Quick setup incl direct debit. Excellent customer service via phone (no anoying menus). Detailed and useful quarterly usage reports via email.

Anita
AnitaSunshine Coast

Consistent, perfect renewables power supply at great rates

Hands down the best electricity company I have ever dealt with. And the only one to ever offer me discounts. If you believe renewables are the future, I'd recommend them.

funguySouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to deal with.

House is 100% electric.
Switched over a couple of years back form another supplier after they upped their pricing and did not tell anyone.
Diamond Energy are easy to deal with and their supply charges seem to be a little cheaper than all the others I have checked with.
I check constantly what other suppliers charge, Diamond Energy still rate the best.
Billing is easy and direct debit is convenient.
My only criticism is that you cannot access your account on their web page as you can do with others.
With all the discounts I have obtained with them, my bills are almost manageable.
At this stage I am a happy Diamond Energy customer.

Always honest

Always been happy with diamond. Have left them in the past. HUGE mistake. Back now ppl in the office actually answers your calls and Australian based and owned as far as I know. Just better than the rest. And I sent solar for a living so looking at bills constantly.

RLD
RLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exceptionally helpful and friendly staff

Friendly staff that go out of their way to help.
Value green and sustainable energy sources :)
Great service all round.

K101
K101

Best electricity company yet!

Very helpful customer service, and extremely good rates. I'm very happy with them. Other electricity companies were an absolute nightmare to deal with, but for over a year now with DE, I have no more issues! And they just emailed me to let me know that the rates have gone down, and that I'll be saving between approx $150-200 per year.

emily s.
emily s.asked

Should I only go with Diamond Energy if I have solar panels? I am moving out and will be renting so we won't have solar, will it still be a reasonable price?

trumpetgirl

I think they do a bill compare if you ask them. They did it for us. They're good even with no solar.

Rochie
Rochieasked

I'm looking at Diamond Energy, I'm in an apartment so trying to work out whether I need solar panels or not?

trumpetgirl

It would be tricky to get solar panels in an apartment but Diamond energy is sourced from renewables, so at least you know you're helping the planet!

molly pet 4
molly pet 4asked

Is it more expensive to have solar on private rentals than owning you own home?

Vigilant
Vigilant

I can only speculate, that as a tenant, after getting the owner's agreement to install panels, if indeed you are responsible for the electricity bill as most tenants in Australia are, you would earn as much credit for the electricity your panels generate as an owner would, but without the security of tenure an owner has, you will have the extra costs of uninstalling, taking the system with you and reinstalling on your next rental property...if you can find an owner who agrees to it.

Hi.
We have solar panels, a 5kw system.
Diamond energy give us 11cents per kw put back into the grid.
But I think the main benefit is that with solar it uses the power generated for the home use first then any excess going back into the grid.
My bills have more than halved since installing solar.
Try using your heavy electricity usage between 9am and 2pm if possible, that is the maximum gain period for solar.
I must admit I have not heard of anyone taking the solar installation with them when they move.
The way new technology is going, there will be bigger and better all the time.
Hope that helps you.

Sean Watt
Sean Watt

If your bill is 800 plus you may benefit. Personally I would go halves with the owner and only if your bill is really high

Get an answer from our members and Diamond Energy representatives