Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast

Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast (page 3 of 8)

2.4 from 142 reviews · View Details

2.4

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Change for the worst

Having been an avid lover of the Bush Breakfast cereal I was disappointed with the flavour of the latest batch, tastes awful and too sweet. Tried it twice and the rest of the packet ended up in the bin. I will be buying future cereals from Dick Smiths favourite store, ALDI.

Why the change?

I have loved Dick Smith's Bushfoods breakfast cereal for years and was disappointed when it disappeared from the shelves for some time a few years ago. I complained to my supermarket and it came back.
Last week I opened a new packet and wondered what had happened to it. There is no fruit or nuts and the cereal has changed. I won't buy it again until it is returned to it's original formula. I was surprised to read other people's reviews and they are all saying the same thing. The old saying is "when a thing ain't broke, don't try to fix it". Dick, you will lose a lot of customers unless you restore it to what we love. The new product is too sugary and the rice flakes are awful. I don't like giving bad reviews but this product merits it.

Alison

Alison

Out with the new, back with the old, PLEASE

This is so bad, looks fake, tastes what I imagine cardboard would taste like. Have bought the original bush breakfast for years, but if this is the one now I won't buy it again.

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Find out how Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast compares to other Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Tastles and hard to chew

Please bring back the original bushfoods , the new one is disgusting and tasteless , i have been buying this cereal for 5 years , but wont buy it again untill its back to the original ingredients

TraceU

TraceUBrisbane

Downgraded, down down

Cereal Does not resemble in looks and even taste the same, yes completely changed - sugary, hard too, and without the original fruits. Had some left of the previous cereal to compare with the new, and such a difference! Yes a perfect blend before, not any more unfortunately. Yes definitely a bad bad move by the business. I can only think that economics has something to do with this (perhaps). Will not buy this new blend of cereal anymore unless the original recipe returns.

Not happy. Bring back old recipe.

Have eaten this cereal for some time. The changes are horrible. It is much sweeter and not near as nice. Won't be buying it any more. Bring back the original recipe.

Taragosun

TaragosunCentral West, NSW

New formula horrible

Have eaten this cereal for a very long time. The new formula is horrible-nothing like the original recipe. Have now changed to another cereal.

Bev

BevBandiana

Absolutely Awful.

You have changed your recipe and I no longer will buy it. I cannot eat it as its tasteless and too hard for my mouth. I am sorry because as a pensioner I cannot afford to buy things I cant eat. I have been buying you breakfast cereal for years but no longer. I even checked the box to see if it was Wholemeal or not and there was no difference on the box. Very very disappointed.

Jilly

JillyLennox Head

So unhaopy.

After many many years of consuming Dick Smith Bush cereal you have changed the recipe and it's horrible. Today when shopping at Coles packets were opened, obviously customers were looking to see if the cereal had gone back to the original recipe and hadn't', this helped us decide to go to another cereal. Pleasssse go back we miss original.

Sugary junk

This cereal no longer tastes good. Please go back to the original version. If you're going to do research please ask people who know what the original recipe tastes like. This tastes cheap and nasty, definitely not worth over $5.

Why change a perfect cereal?

I am lost for words. There are no positives just negatives. It tastes terrible. Where are the macadamia nuts? The original version was a perfect blend. I have used this cereal for years but will not any longer. I have thrown out my spare unopened box. Just too awful!

Miss Jane

Miss JaneDarwin

Bushtucker

Hi I must agree with all the other reports on Bushtucker we loved and got many of our friends on to it but we are all the same now it's very bland looks awful tastes terrible. Please go back to first recipe it was great we have been buying this product for over 10 yrs. now you have lost another customer.

What Gives???

We have enjoyed the Breakfast Blend for many years and have always thought it a great blend! Horrors - what are the "frosted" wheat and corn flakes?? Too much sugar and quite unnecessary! Old was good!

Peggy V

Peggy VMornington

Lost for words

Usually when I provide feedback I include positive and negative comments. I'm sorry but I'm seriously struggling to find anything positive about the new recipe. I was soooo happy to find a 'healthy' cereal I enjoyed all those years ago, and could ditch the delicious high energy cereals. What am I supposed to do now? This version is so flavourless (bland and cardboard like) and colourless (it's all brown and grey). It was also really dry and dense which I guess that's how the content is less yet still weighs the same. On the positive side I now have an excuse to buy nutrigrain or milo cereal again.

Terrible new recipe

Dick Smith's Bush breakfast has been my morning cereal for years. It was delicious and healthy with great local products.
Unfortunately as of September 2017, the recipe has changed to something completely unrecognisable and unpalatable.
I will no longer be buying this product. Very sad.

Paulo

PauloMelbourne

New Recipe from Sep 2017 is Disgusting

Bad move Dick

Used to love bushfoods for breakfast, but new blend is tough and horrible. Thought is was a little different when i opened the packet but won't be buying it again, sorry Dick really BAD decision.

how to kill off a great product

I have been a loyal customer of this product from day one. Everyone that tried it liked it. Unfortunately, the new version is nothing like the old. This product is no longer on my shopping list.

What have done to Bush Tucker?

Why the change to the Dick Smith's Bush Tucker cereal? It has gone from 5 star to 3 in an instance. Unfortunately I will no longer be buying it. Years of only buying this cereal are gone. It's a very,very sad day.

Lucy

LucyNortheast, VIC

What have they done to my beloved cereal!!!!!!??????

Just like all the other unhappy Dick Smith cereal consumers, I am very sad to say I will be looking for a new cereal after years of looking forward to the same cereal every morning. I thought it was just a mistake and threw box out after one serving. Bought second box the other day and JUST THE SAME. Oh dear.

See all Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast reviews

pupstars

pupstarsasked

does anyone know how many "Weight Watchers " points apply to the 'Bush Foods Breakfast' ?

kerri

kerriasked

Are you taking your Australian bush food breakfast off the market? Woolies is no longer stocking it, do enjoy this product, thanks Kerri.

Lindsay
Lindsay

They remove the good cereal to replace it with Rubbish . I'm won't be buying it anymore

Joanvdk

Please see my review above dated today. The product dated after Oct 31st is so much better. Ring the company and they will give you an explanation of why the change.

WendyVasked

How much sugar per serve in Bushfoods Breakfast cereal? Thanks.

Andrea G
Andrea G

9.3 gms from what I can see.

Monica
Monica

Have done some research and find that it is equivalent to approximately three teaspoons of sugar per serve. This of course takes in the fruit content as well. Certainly higher than oats but also more palatable.

WendyV

Thanks Monica..........that helps me balance my sugar intake per day. Meant to have 6 teaspoons per day all up, so better do my sums!