Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast

Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast (page 4 of 8)

2.4 from 142 reviews · View Details

2.4

Bad decision

Yes indeed why change, I have had this cereal more or less from the beginning and loved it but not any more it is far from the original recipe its not funny and does it weigh less as well you tell me. Well there goes my breakfast till I find something else hopefully it won't take too long.

KImberley Porto

KImberley Porto

Bring back the old recipe

New recipe is so yuck! Really disappointed, why the change? Like others said if it ain't broken don't fix it! It was one healthy cereal my 2 year old loved but now we both think it's gross. Please bring back the old recipe it was my absolute favourite and ate it nearly every morning for the past few years.

Curri

CurriHobart, TAS

New cereal recipe is terrible.

After eating this cereal since it first came out - and I even stockpiled it when I heard that Dick Smith Foods may be closing a year or so ago - my latest box was a huge disappointment. It is far too sweet and lacking in flavour. I had one breakfast and had to throw it out. Sadly no more Dick Smith cereal for me. I am still looking for a replacement.

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Find out how Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast compares to other Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Don

DonPerth

What has Happened to Dick Smith Bush Foods???

Firstly we could not purchase this product from Coles, Woolworths nor IGA for weeks then this last week it has finally become available again. Well it looks the same box on the shelf but when you open it up it has all changed even the inner bag is different?? Then there is the 'food' content all changed tough as old boots, lacks flavour and is just terrible. We want to support the independent Australian brand of Dick Smith but when the product is changed so radically we will now have to give it a miss. So sorry because most other breakfast cereals we have tried when we could not get 'Dick' are not good either. Dick Smith we are sooooo disappointed.

pudd

puddBrisbane

The Straw that broke the camel's back

Dick,
Half way through the the second box of the changed version of your cereal and its bloody awful and on hearing your'e going to war with the ABC that's it, that's the straw.

Tiffany

Tiffanycairns

New Bushfoods cereal is awful!

I opened my new box of Dick Smith's Bushfoods cereal this morning and was very disappointed at the changed cereal. I chewed my way through a bowl of it and found it was flavourless and made me think of horse chaff. I hope they change the recipe back, and until they do I will be buying something else. Now I wonder if I can convince my dog to eat the rest of this awful stuff ...

Why change it?

If it aint broke, don't fix it. Was very disappointed with the "new" recipe. It tastes horrid, like burnt offerings. I wont be buying it again, unless you return to the original.

Was the best, now looking for something else.

For years I tried muesli after muesli and then finally I found one that my taste buds finally enjoyed. Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast. Why the change in recipe? It's awful. You can add our family to the list looking for another brand.

Axelcar

AxelcarAdelaide

You've lost a customer

Purchased a box from Woolworths and didn't realise the recipe had changed. What the hell happened? My husband and I ate this every morning for the last 2 years because we loved it. Never again it was horrible it tasted very bland. Unless the recipe is changed back to the original you've definitely lost this loyal customer

What Happend

Bush Foods..Dick Smith himself would be unhappy. .Recipe change a bsckward step as i will not purchase this anymore..Very un Australian

Change The Mix ?

I contacted Dick Smith Foods and they said that in a blind study it was chosen as a better recipe than the previous version, that's really funny because the remainder of Australia has rejected it.
I found another old box at Coles today, use by December, so I am happy, but will not purchase the other new crap again.

Bruce

Bruce

Why did you change the recipe?????

It took me years to find a cereal that I could eat and I have loved Dick Smith Bush Foods since, but they have changed the recipe and now tastes like crap. I can't eat it anymore so the remaining 4 boxes in the pantry will go in the garbage. Now I have to find something else for brekky.

Oh no - this WAS the best cereal

Can't believe they've changed the recipe!!! This used to be so good!!! Please bring it back - I will pay extra for quality!

Bush Foods Cereal Change

Something is wrong - the new recipe tastes like horse chaff. After enjoying it for years I won't buy it again. The smaller size I can deal with, but not the contents.

Luke M.

Luke M.Cooranbong

WOW what a devastating way to start my day.

I was gutted to see that the recipe has been changed to (to put it politely) crap. It looks so awful it is not funny. And it tastes so terrible. This needs to be changed back immediately. If I wanted to skimp on my cereal I would go and buy REALLY crappy cereal for a fraction of the price.

I am so sorry. Dick Smith foods has made a grievous mistake here. Also 95% Australian is not an Australian product.

Please fix it!

Shirley

ShirleyMid North Coast, NSW

Bring back the old recipe

I thought something was going on when I picked up the box as it's smaller. Apparently still the same amount in it but what have you done to the recipe???? I've eaten this for years but no more! Tasteless piece of crap! Very disappointed Mr Smith!!!

Dreadful change

Hi well after years of buying Bush Food & noticing each year it diminish in any bush ingredients, it really became a joke to call it by name! , BUT NOW !!! its hit rock bottom with this new non descript taste !? so I wont be buying it anymore & its just another Aussie product to soon loose its buyers & bite the dust "sorry but true" so dont say you werent warned !!

Martin

MartinBrisbane

what happened to my breakfast - not happy

computers

computersMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What have you done?

Dick, Like the other reviews posted in August 2017, we too are disappointed with the change in your cereal. We noticed the box was smaller but still supposedly had the same content, and we are very disappointed with the changes in the cereal. We have enjoyed the bushtucker cereal for many years and it has been our staple breakfast but we now have to find another breakfast cereal unless you can get it back to its original content as it has very hard pieces and no longer has the delicious appeal of the original. The price did not worry us as we were supporting Australian charities - please do something to get it back to its original appeal.

Jan

JanSydney

WOW ....in a bad way!

So pleased to find the product back on the shelves only to discover I've been duped. The recipe change is a disaster. Flavourless cardboard. PLEASE restore the old recipe QUICKLY! More than one macadamia nut per serve and the hint of honey!

See all Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast reviews

pupstars

pupstarsasked

does anyone know how many "Weight Watchers " points apply to the 'Bush Foods Breakfast' ?

kerri

kerriasked

Are you taking your Australian bush food breakfast off the market? Woolies is no longer stocking it, do enjoy this product, thanks Kerri.

Lindsay
Lindsay

They remove the good cereal to replace it with Rubbish . I'm won't be buying it anymore

Joanvdk
Joanvdk

Please see my review above dated today. The product dated after Oct 31st is so much better. Ring the company and they will give you an explanation of why the change.

WendyVasked

How much sugar per serve in Bushfoods Breakfast cereal? Thanks.

Andrea G
Andrea G

9.3 gms from what I can see.

Monica
Monica

Have done some research and find that it is equivalent to approximately three teaspoons of sugar per serve. This of course takes in the fruit content as well. Certainly higher than oats but also more palatable.

WendyV

Thanks Monica..........that helps me balance my sugar intake per day. Meant to have 6 teaspoons per day all up, so better do my sums!