2Dilmah Earl Grey

Dilmah Earl Grey

2Dilmah Earl Grey
4.4

76%18%6%
Brand Manager for Dilmah? Claim your listing.

Morgan P.
Morgan P.South East Queensland, QLD

Used to be more flavorsome, and the bags have less in them as well as requiring more dunks to get any flavour

I will add that my taste buds are AOK, and I've drank Dilmah Earl Grey for many years, but my once favourite has it's lost its strength, flavour and generosity in each bag over the last, say, 6 months - 1 year, so am having to switch to another brand. Show details
Sally
Sally55 posts

Lifechanging! Gorgeous! A Tea Experience!

I bought this after reading the good reviews here. I tried to not get my hopes up, but Dilmah Earl Grey did live up to the hype! After opening the foil packet, the room filled with this sublime aroma of the bergamot. Wow. I've never smelled anything like it. I've only ever had Twinings Earl Grey, which I now realise is not even close to actual Earl Grey. I had no idea it could be this flavorful. It's like a bergamot bouquet. This is the real thing!

I would like to know if "Bergamot flavour" is natural. For that reason, four rather than five stars until I find out more.

Ingredients: Ceylon and Bergamot flavour
Grown and packaged in Sri Lanka.
Cost for 50 bags: $4.20 on sale from $6.00 from Woolworths Online Show details

Pmj48
Pmj48AU47 posts

For those that like a stronger cup

A good strong Earl Grey with a lovely bergamot aroma. It is unlike other brands like Twinings that make a lighter cup. Definitely my favourite and pleased my local supermarket has it back on the shelf. Show details
jenny
jennySouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

teabags split

I have been drinking this tea for years, love the flavor although not cheap to buy
The last box I bought has that many teabags with splits in them so I have had to bin them Show details
Liv M.
Liv M.

My favourite tea (and best option at grocery store!)

I love Dillmah’s flavour so much. I first had their tea on a Qantas flight and was blown away by the quality of tea. It’s so beautifully fragrant and flavourful. When I returned home I went to the nearest Woolies/Coles and bought a box. This is the only pre-bagged tea I purchase now. Highly recommend if you’re looking for a new tea at the grocery store.

arg27744
arg27744Illawarra, NSW20 posts

I am addicted and drink way to much Dilmah Earl Grey

I am not a coffee drinking but drink Dilmah Earl Grey like a typical coffee addict. I drink 2 big cups every morning. It is so good. I have been drinking it for over 10 years now. The aroma is gorgeous. I have tested most earl grey teas on the market and for price Dilmah Earl Grey is unbeatable.

OBlundell
OBlundellSydney2 posts

Love it because of the aroma and taste

The tea is very smooth and the aroma is very inviting to drink especially in the morning. I can smell bergamot and the relaxing aroma makes my day complete. can't live without it!!! I bought several boxes as it is my favorite brand.

The two of us
The two of us

What happened to it's distinctive aroma & flavour?

We have been drinking Dilma Earl Grey tea for several years & have thoroughly enjoyed it. But these last 2 months or so there seems to be nothing distinctive about the flavour or aroma. Have you changed the blend or where the teabags are made?

Raj Prakesh
Raj PrakeshSydney2 posts

The best tea

We have been drinking Dilmah earl Grey tea for a long time and it is great, highly recommend it to all our friends.

JSE
JSEKambah42 posts

Great taste

This is my favourite Earl Grey teabag,it's even nice when it's cold. Unfortunately Coles have stopped selling it, and Woolworths are selling the 50 teabag box for the same price that Dilmah online sells the 100 teabag box, and Woolworths doesn't sell the 100 teabag box at all (so they keep high profits). So if Woolworth is not on special, it's cheaper to buy about 4 or 5 boxes online direct from Dilmah, even though you pay $15 delivery fee. For example for approximately $40 you get 400 teabags from Woolworths. For approximately $35 you get the same number of teabags from Dilmah (delivery price included), and for $40 you get 500 teabags from Dilmah online. The more you buy the more you save.

MumCecille
MumCecilleSydney5 posts

Relaxing and Refreshing Tea

Dilmah's Earl Grey Tea is a refreshing tea with just the right strength and the aroma that gives its distinctive character of Ceylon Tea for the perfect afternoon. I love its character that is just right for calm afternoon after a stressful day. I love the teabags that is good for two uses without affecting the flavour. It is now my favorite tea for the moment.

Wendoze
WendozeAU6 posts

The best Earl Grey there is!

I am absolutely addicted to this tea, but I've restricted myself to just one a day (mornings...). Reason is I've converted to green tea for day use (better for you, right?!)

Great caffeine hit to those sensitive to it like I am.... feel grumpy until I've had it!

So rich in flavour, no other Earl Greys I've tried even comes close...
So rich tasting

TracyJ
TracyJW.A., 607766 posts

I always drink Dilmah now, especialy the Earl Grey - I think it is one of the best Earl Greys out there. If you have the loose tea, it is of nice size leaves, not to small and dusty. The flavours are well pronounced yet subtle and not too 'perfumed' like some. just right! I can thoroughly recoemmdn this one :)
I find Dilmah to be of consistant high quality, and well priced. The Earl Grey has a beautiful delicate fragrance and taste.Comes in bags and loose and seems to be easily available at most supermarkets etc.
Nothing- I really lioke this brand
neodymium
neodymiumAU226 posts

Good

Dilmah Earl Grey Tea is a lovely blend of tea with beautiful flavours and wonderful aroma. It is a very well balanced blend of Earl Grey, full flavoured with a delicate hint of Bergamot and one of the best I have tasted. Each tea bag is individually sealed which helps to keep the tea fresh. If you are looking for a high quality, good value Earl Grey Tea, this tea from Dilmah comes highly recommended.
Wonderful blend of Earl Grey Tea. Beautiful flavours. Good value for money. Continues Dilmah's reputation for producing top quality tea at an affordable price.
Nothing of note
Lemonaide
Lemonaide33 posts

Tea is one of those products that can be really good or incredibly bad, so it is not something I like to gamble on when purchasing brands. I find Dilmah to always be of high standard - and certainly economical enough to afford on a regular basis. Be it in the pot or by tea bags, the Earl Grey is smooth, not over-powering, but full of flavour. You can taste the expertise of these tea-makers. Highly recommended.
A very well-priced tea bag option. Dilmah is always of reliably high standard throughout their entire range of products.
In my opinion, there are no cons to this Earl Grey blend.