MPN: DIC-DC10RC

• Portability
John K.
John K.Central, SA

Great

Bought this unit due to having big aluminium windows . I had to buy a bigger vent kit for the window but I knew the original was too small . Cools 2 double bedrooms quickly , it makes a bit of noise but I have had others noisier, people must remember the compressor etc are all in the room with you , slight price to pay when its 42 and the unit lowers the temp to 23 in an hr or so . Just excellent overall for rooms where a window fitted aircon is not an option

Angela C.Dimplex

Hi John K,
Thank you for taking the time to review the DC10RC.

Sam L
Sam L

Cools and heats a small area OK

I do like the small form factor of this Dimplex machine. While a bit noisy, unit worked OK in a limited area. One small but disappointing feature of most Dimplex portable air conditioners is a paper thin exhaust duct that is both flimsy and radiates back into the room a lot of heat/cold - that the machine is trying to remove from the room. Dimplex, this is false economy, try sourcing a more robust and better insulated exhaust duct like the rest of manufacturers do.
If you do not want to be bothered by constant E4 (condensate tank full) codes, the only practical way is to attach a small hose draining condensate into a bucket. Not the prettiest solution but simple and effective.

Purchased in February 2015.

Hello Sam
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.
Your comment regarding the exhaust hose will be passed onto our research department.

Matthew
MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Reasonable product if used wisely!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $550.00.

Gordon
GordonAuckland

Good for drying clothes

Great in dehumidifier mode for drying clothes in the winter.
Heating mode is 10c above ambient room temperature so forget that side of things.
Aircon is only good for just blowing cool air at you.
I made rigs to go in the windows and sliding doors but what I found be a waste of time as this unit struggles to cool down a small room.
I found just having the door open and the exhaust out the door worked best.
Yes it is very noisy.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you Gordon for taking the time to provide feedback.

jaysblueaus
jaysblueausAU

Would I recommend the answer is no

As I live in a rented property, I wanted a portable reverse cycle air conditioner, the product was not that efficient, was not overly good at cooling my one bedroom unit down. later on last year I brought 2 fans from big W that threw a mist of water out of them, that were actually cheaper to run and even more efficient. So mine went to cash converters, I had wished i did not wate my money on it, even the heating part was also absolute hopeless.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Hello jaysblueaus.

TCS
TCSAuckland

Excellent options for renters

This unit has been extremely handy in both summer and winters. Cools and heats well and doesn’t blow up the power bill either. This is an excellent choice for renters, if the rental has no heat pumps or air cons installed. It does require sliding windows to instal though and it quite noisy and bulky. But overall I’m very satisfied with the unit. Has made both summer and winters much better for us.

Hello TCS

Goose
GooseMelbourne

Its OK Nothing Like Installed Aircon

It was a relief to have this in the bedroom but I was hoping for better performance than we got. It makes a difference is a small room but it was near useless in larger spaces unless you sat right in front of it. It needs to be set up near a window to put the widow kit and hot air exhaust pipe out, so that limits the places we could use it. My overall reaction was "meh" its OK not amazing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Amy
AmySydney

Good enough for us

This was the first portable air con we have ever purchased, so didn’t really know what to expect. At first I was quite disappointed that the quality didn’t match built in units but once I adjusted my expectations to consider that the unit is set up in a sliding door that can never be fully insulated, I felt better about the purchase. With the vent placed directly on the bed it kept us cool through hot and humid summer days. The reverse cycle will soon come in handy. While others have complained about the noise, it never kept us up at night:m. Overall good value for a mid range unit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Travis
TravisSmithfield plains

Works great indoors but not suitable for caravan

We originally purchased for our caravan and was assured by retailer it would cool our van on a 40degree day... NOT TRUE.. it failed to work so weve had to use in our bedroom instead... works well but not suit what we wanted it to do. And when discussed with retailer was toldit wasnt a fault

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Art House
Art HouseMatamata NZ

Falsely specified as portable, but needs to be ducted out a window

We required a portable unit able to be shifted between rooms, and ordered this unit.
The box specifies "self evaporative system - no drip tray or hose required", but when we collected the product a sticker had been added "external ducting is required to lower room temperature and dehumidify".
The unit was totally unsuitable for our purpose!! Fortunately the retailer refunded our purchase price.
Full marks to Noel Leeming NZ; but zero marks to Dimplex for false promotion

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Casey
CaseyAuburn

Can't live without it

I love my unit not only does the air conditioning component work well but the heating and dehumidifier is amazing as well not to heavy to move around and not bulky that it's takes up heaps of room, love the sleep option so it turns it self off and I don't fall asleep with it on reasonably sound in regards to how load it is, I've owned it for just under a year and i have had no problems with it at all and I constantly use it

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Tim R
Tim R

Good quality, noisy but better than a fan

Cooling performance is good directly in front of the machine. The uni works continuously to maintain the set temperature in the room, so is not incredibly efficient compared to a fixed unit (to be expected). Fairly noisy, easily blocked out with earplugs, however the noise is not painful like some appliances. Unit is unobtrusive, the ability to reverse the ducts for heating in winter makes it very useful. Tested in a 15 m2 bedroom. Hose for window is fairly short (but normal for a portable air conditioner, so take that into account when deciding where to put it.

Laura
LauraMelbourne

Works perfectly in a small room

I bought this air conditioner to be placed in a my study room to cool down during hot summer days. The instructions are quick to understand which makes this model very easy to use. On top of that this unit is so portable so I can move it between my study room into my living room without much effort.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Fiona M
Fiona M

Scary experience.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Would not recommend

Had the unit for 12 days, says it's rated to 42 degrees, my room temperature was 35 and the compressor overheated and cut out. Turned it off, let it cool down for an hour, turned back on and same thing. Basically became a radiant heater. Also very noisy! The 3 fan speeds have no effect on the noise either. Will be returning it today and getting my $600 back.

See all Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW reviews

barbara d.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

For cooling can you put the vent down into the ducted heating duct beneath the floor? I have horizontally windout windows and do not see how I can use the Dimplex with this type of window.

Barb

Pat5zero
Pat5zero

The package has extra panels to window cover, which might fill the window opening. The panels are 200mm wide and about 1 metre long.

barbara d.

Thank you for responding but I just can't visualise how to cover the other 2 triangular sections Left and right side of the wound out window. What then happens when you need to wind in the window? Are there any diagrams to show me?

Ruben R.Dimplex

Hi babara d, could you DM us your email and we can send you a pic as it cannot be attached to the comments.

Arnie
Arnieasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Hi there my unit is blowing air out the front , , normally it was cold and hot air would flow outside the air vent but now the back part isn’t turning around to let the air flow out. There was a metal clip on the plastic part that spins .

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi Arnie, Thank you for reaching out to Dimplex, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your unit and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

arnie t.
arnie t.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

I have a Dimplex DC10rc, the front fan part is spinning fine and blowing out air but not at the right temperature, when I looked at the other fan it’s not spinning around at all! I’ve noticed it’s missing a metal clip as I have two of these machines. What do you think is the problem?

Rachel A.Dimplex

See all Dimplex DC10RC (3kW) questions

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Compare all 3 Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW