Dimplex DC10RC (3kW)

Listing monitored by Dimplex

32 questions from our users

barbara d.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

For cooling can you put the vent down into the ducted heating duct beneath the floor? I have horizontally windout windows and do not see how I can use the Dimplex with this type of window.

Barb

Pat5zero
Pat5zero

The package has extra panels to window cover, which might fill the window opening. The panels are 200mm wide and about 1 metre long.

barbara d.

Thank you for responding but I just can't visualise how to cover the other 2 triangular sections Left and right side of the wound out window. What then happens when you need to wind in the window? Are there any diagrams to show me?

Ruben R.Dimplex

Hi babara d, could you DM us your email and we can send you a pic as it cannot be attached to the comments.

Arnie
Arnieasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Hi there my unit is blowing air out the front , , normally it was cold and hot air would flow outside the air vent but now the back part isn’t turning around to let the air flow out. There was a metal clip on the plastic part that spins .

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi Arnie, Thank you for reaching out to Dimplex, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your unit and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

arnie t.
arnie t.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

I have a Dimplex DC10rc, the front fan part is spinning fine and blowing out air but not at the right temperature, when I looked at the other fan it’s not spinning around at all! I’ve noticed it’s missing a metal clip as I have two of these machines. What do you think is the problem?

GrinMac
GrinMacasked
DC10RC (3kW)

The window kit is too short for our window (max length of kit is 100cm) whilst height of our sliding window is 126cm. Is there another window slider part I can purchase? What is the diameter of the vent pipe?

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi, Thank you for reaching out to Dimplex, can please send me an email at rachel.anderson@glendimplex.com.au for me to investigate and provide you with assistance as soon as possible

Sharon G.
Sharon G.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

Do you put water in this unit and where
Was given by a friend who never used it

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi Sharon, Thank you for reaching out to Dimplex, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your appliance and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

charles R
charles R

This model does not need water. Its an air conditioner. Not evaporative cooler

Brett O.
Brett O.asked

Hello
I have a dimplex dc10rc . Is there anywhere I can buy the window kit for it . The adapter the pipe the window piece. Tried a few places but all sold out or they don't stock them
Thanks Brett

Good morning Brett O,
The spare parts you require can be purchased directly from Glen Dimplex. Please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 556 816 for price and availability.

Jennyasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Can you buy an outlet hose extension? We have the wrong windows and the hose is too short so we get the heat back at us too!!

Eleonore E.Dimplex

Hello Jenny
There are no extension available for the exhaust hoses, these units are designed to operate with the length of exhaust hose that is provided with the unit. If you extend the exhaust hose you may damage the unit.

Thank you!

Jason B.
Jason B.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

Hi have had one of these units for about 4 years, been awesome. Just recently on cooling mode the unit has stopped blowing hot air out the vent hose. The bottom fan FAN1-DOWN has correct voltage coming from plug, same as FAN2 but the red wire returning from fan motor to C61-P2 capacitor has no voltage. Does this mean the motor has packed up?

Hi Jason B,
If you contact an air conditioner repairer in your area they may be able to have a look at your model and advise if there is an electrical fault. During the warranty period the warranty is a replacement only so we are unable to refer you to a repair agent.

JJC
JJCasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Do both plug holes need to be plugged when cooling?
Also unit is now fan only, cooling compressor doesn't kick in . We are out of wwarranty..

Good morning JJC,
Yes both plugs need to be in during cooling. Please see the link below for a copy of the user manual to follow the steps to make sure you have put the unit together correctly.
Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 556 816 if you require further assistance.

Leanna S.
Leanna S.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

We purchased our Dimplex just over a week ago and it was cooling fine with the exhaust hose venting the heat out the window. Now it seems that there is no more heat coming out of the exhaust vent and definitely no hot air movement from the end of the hose - why would this be the case?

Eleonore E.Dimplex

Hello Leanna
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Assuming the following>

*that the unit is set for cooling rather than either dehumidify or heating ie displaying the snowflake symbol
*that the display is holding solid (rather than continuing to flash as it will until the compressor engages)
*the exhaust hose is placed correctly (no kinks or sharp bends)so that the hot air is being vented outside
*the unit is being operated on a flat, firm surface with the drain plug in place
*the unit is not situated in direct sunlight
*the room being cooled is closed up as much as possible ie doors & windows closed, blinds/ curtains drawn etc

If all the above are true and cold air cannot be felt coming from the front vents, you are able to return your product to the store for replacement within the 24 month warranty period offered by the manufacturer (as long you can verify purchase details by showing original invoice).

Bruce W.
Bruce W.asked

Hi Dimplex
I have bought a Dimplex DC10rc
There was no water drain tube in the box ?? ( The 100mm white air exhaust tube is fitted)
I am I correct to understand that a drain tube must be attached to the middle side drain hole of the of the unit in a heating mode.
I have found water pooling at the bottom of the unit on the carpet.
Is there a drain tray as well for this unit (small black tray) if this is the drain tray where do i fit it on the unit.
Do I remove the side drain plug of the unit for heating and leave all plugs in for cooling ?
How long can the drain tube be ?
Do I need a water drain tube in Heating mode ?
The Heating mode does not create much heat ?

Sam L
Sam L

Your questions are addressed in the manual.
Yes, continuous draining is required in heating mode from the mid-height drain. Leave the bottom drain plugged for heating (but really makes no difference). TRAY OF ANY SIZE WILL NOT SUFFICE for continuous drainage in heating mode. A bucket sized container (periodically emptied) or a length of downward sloping tube leading outside your premises (or a drain outlet) are the practical solutions for the amount of condensate produced.

Amount of condensate during heating is NOT a design fault but is a reflection of amount of moisture in the air.

I really cannot recall whether a drain tube is supplied with a new Dimplex machine. Ask Dimplex.

If you have to buy one - measure the mid-height outlet nipple first to ensure a snug fitting tube - from the likes of Clark Rubber or Bunnings or aquarium shop or fit a garden hose - whatever fits. If plastic or rubber tube is difficult to fit upon the outlet nipple, immerse the end of the tube to be fitted, in hot water for approx 15 seconds to soften the tubing material for easier fit.

The water drain is not pressurised so it does not matter what you use as long as it fits snugly around the outlet nipple. The length of the tube has to be at least long enough to reach wherever you want the condensate to flow by gravity (such as the bottom of a bucket positioned next to the unit.

For cooling, condensate is misted out through the exhaust duct. Bottom drain may be required only in exceptionally humid conditions (when tons of condensate may be produced) or for long term storage (to empty a tiny built in internal condensate tank).

Further to insufficient heat, your unit may be insufficient for your space. To reassure yourself, you could find out on the net or from Dimplex required capacity for your room size. Having said that, your aircon will be 2.5-3 times more efficient than a resistance heater of equivalent heating capacity.

Mark T.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

Do you need to add water to unit?

Gordon

No its a proper aircon unit not fake.

Matthew
Matthew

No. This is a reverse cycle air con. You may need to empty water out of it from time to time based on the built in computer warning alarm (Code: E4).

Dricon
Driconasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Mines running perfectly fine except that it’s leaking out of the upper plug (6).

It’s on cooling mode (snow flake) and not on heating or debumidification. Lights on solid, it’s on a flat surface. Filters have been cleaned out, it’s not in sunlight hose directly out the window.

Any reason it’s leaking water? I’m letting it leak into a container and removing it, thinking about plugging it up but not sure if that’s a good idea

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi there Dricon
When being used in the cooling mode, all plugs should be in place. You should only remove these plugs when running in heat (or dehumidify) mode in order to remove any additional moisture from the unit. When in cooling mode, this additional moisture is actually required to ensure that the unit runs at peak performance and does not freeze over etc.
Please put the plug back in both top and bottom positions prior to taking any further action.
If you have any further queries or concerns regarding either the use or care of your Dimplex product, our team are available by phone: 1300 556 816 or email: customer.care@glendimplex.com.au

Gordon

Leave the plugs in when cooling as it's self evaporating when in aircon/cooling mode.
If it got to much water it would just stop running until it was emptied but that has never happened to me.

Trishasked
DC10RC (3kW)

i have just purchased a Dimplex DC10RC Portable Air Con & I was wondering if i can add any more extension
to the exhaust hose as i find it too short to where i want the air con to sit & where the window is situated??.

Hello Trish
The exhaust hose on the portable air conditioner cannot be extended. The air conditioner is designed to operate with the length of hose that is provided with the unit. If you extended the hose you could cause damage to the unit and also you will void your warranty.

Trish

Thank you Dimplex for your reply, you have totally answered my question

Sandy Davenport
Sandy Davenportasked
DC10RC (3kW)

How do you change display screen from Fahrenheit to decimal?

Hello Sandy
Ensure the unit is plugged in and turned on at the wall but turn off at the control panel. Press and hold the “function” button on the unit for about 5 seconds until a ‘beep’ is heard. Then push “power” button on to return power to the unit, the display board should now show either a ‘Celsius’ reading or allow you to select your preferred read out between “Fahrenheit” or “Celsius”.

Do u add water to unit

Azza B
Azza Basked
DC10RC (3kW)

I’ve got a dc Dimplex dc10rc and it’s not blowing cold air?

Hello Azza B
Assuming the following>
*that the unit is set for cooling rather than either dehumidify or heating ie displaying the ‘snowflake’ symbol
*the exhaust hose is placed correctly so that the hot air is being vented outside
*the unit is not situated in direct sunlight

Valasked
DC10RC (3kW)

What is the energy rating for DC10RC?

Hi Val,
Small appliances don't usually have an energy rating. Please refer to the following government website http://www.energyrating.gov.au/ for more information.

Gordon

I have one of these being the smallest unit it is the most economical of the three sizes.
I found the power bills quite good.
I brought this size because people said it was economical in there reviews.
I hope this helps.

Thank you for your help Gordon & Dimplex

Callum Hasked
DC10RC (3kW)

I bought a dc10rc reverse cycle portable air con and it seems to be blowing out cold air when on heat setting. The sliding filters are clean, the vent is on the right side but sometimes it’s hot and sometimes it’s cold. The room I’m in is quite cold so I was wondering if it being cold before I turn the unit on could affect it? Any help is aopreciated.

Hello Callum H
Assuming the following>
*that the unit is set for heating rather than either dehumidify or cooling ie displaying the ‘sunshine’ symbol
*the exhaust hose is placed correctly so that the hot air is being vented internally
*the unit is being operated on a flat, firm surface with the drain hose in place
*the ambient temperature of the room is not higher than 24 degrees Celsius
*the room being heated is closed up as much as possible ie doors & windows closed, blinds/ curtains drawn etc
If all the above are true and warm air cannot be felt coming from the front vents, you are able to return your product to the store for either replacement or refund (as long as the unit is within the warranty period and you can verify purchase details by showing original invoice).

Callum H

Yeah all of those are correct. Just wondering if the room is cold and I set too high, will the difference in temperature cause an issue at all?

Kolle Papendell
Kolle Papendellasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Can someone please tell me why it keeps turning off when on heating mode please it'll be a big help if I know the reason why it keeps turning off when on heating mode? :(

Cathy
Cathyasked
DC10RC (3kW)

New purchased today it is not cooling air at all. Any ideas?

Brendan R.
Brendan R.

Before you read all of this, just make sure it is blowing cool air out the front vent, and you have the vents around the right way for cooling(the front vent and exhaust hose are swapped around for heating). If it's not blowing cold air already, the unit has a fault.

There are a couple of design flaws with these portable air conditioners, I have the same model as you and I have been scratching my head for the last few weeks trying to get it to work efficiently. They should be a dual hose system, but dual hose air cons don’t meet the Minimum Energy Performance Standards(MEPS) in Australia where single hose systems are exempt from these standards. What you need to do is modify it to be a dual hose system. Watch this video on youtube as it explains the problems and shows how to make a dual hose system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlX-iKldMY8 .The heater (condenser) is where the bottom filter is on the side of the unit, (the top filter is for the cooler (evaporator)). You need to cover the vents where the bottom filter is with the box shown in the youtube video. I just cut out pieces of cardboard and make the whole box myself and taped it up with the insulation tape mentioned below, I will eventually make the box out of aluminium sheet, fix it with screws and seal is up with silicon to be a more permanent solution. If you can’t fit the box so you can get the filter out to clean it, you can cover the end of the ducting with some of this filter mat https://www.bunnings.com.au/dynabreeze-filtamat_p4441704 .I shortened the window fitting and put the second hose at the bottom and attached to a piece of cardboard to hold it in place with the window kit sitting on top of the ducting in a horizontally sliding window.

The other flaw with the system is that hot air leaks out around the window vent hose on the back of the air con, and the hose also heats up. The air leaking out is around 40 degrees C, and the hose can be around 37 degrees C, which also makes it harder for the unit to cool a room. I have put my system on a stand so the unit is as close to the window as I can get it and the vent hose is as short as possible(you may need to cut it down to the length you need) . I bought some 150mm aluminium ducting from Bunnings (https://www.bunnings.com.au/blauberg-150mm-x-3m-aluminium-duct_p4420299) which just fits over the top of the original vent hose and reduces the heat output, I also got some insulation tape (https://www.bunnings.com.au/ametalin-72mm-x-50m-reinforced-insulation-and-ducting-tape_p0811219) to secure the ducting and seal up the air leaking out around the back of the unit. The left over ducting can be used for the dual hose system. I will also get some formshield from Clarke Rubber (https://www.clarkrubber.com.au/formshield) to go over the ducting to insulate it even more.

Our system will run in the bedroom at 25 degrees C set on automatic fan speed and the fan stays on the slowest speed when it is 32 degrees outside. We find 25 degrees is the best setting, as the room is comfortable to sleep in and the air con isn’t working flat out the whole time (my partner and I work night shift so we sleep during the day). I know it’s a bit of a joke that we have to do all these fixes to make them run half decently, but you’ll find the same problem with all the portable air cons unless they are a split system. Hopefully this will help you get it to run a bit better, but it will never be anywhere near as effective as a normal fixed air con is. I’m not sure what has to be done when they are changed over to heating, I’m guessing the opposite will have to be done with the dual hose system and it moved to the top to cover the evaporator, but I’ll look at that problem when it gets cold.

See all Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW questions

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Dimplex DC10RC (3kW)