MPN: DIC-DC12RCBW
Listing monitored by Dimplex

2.8
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability

Tank full fault light doesn't go off after emptying.....

We have had two units for a year. Over summer last year they worked ok but after winter we brought them out again and turned them on. We followed the instructions for both of them. The issue is one of them has the tank full light on (yes the tank is empty)..... These units are operating in extreme temperatures or humidity conditions and are well looked after.

It's a shame as we're happy with the other unit, albeit it's a bit loud.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Eleonore E.Dimplex
Dazza
Dazza

There's only one rubber plug on both of ours. We will return it to where we purchased it.

Lana
LanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cooling well but a bit loud

Have had it for about three years now. Happy to tolerate the noise this machine produces because it does a good job in extreme weather conditions. And it looks good too!

Purchased in January 2018 at Gumtree for $599.00.

Angela C.Dimplex
WhyNot
WhyNotFrankston

Good But A Bit Underpowered

We really hoped for big things over summer from this machine in our overly hot bedroom but it did help but it needed to be colder. The machine looks nice and is well made, it just cant really keep up with 40c plus days. It makes a difference though and its nice to sit right in front of but its a bit noisy so it has both good and bad pints. Would be OK in a study or small space,

Date PurchasedDec 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello why not. Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

Drewster69
Drewster69Hillman

Top unit for small rooms

We have been using this brand/type of cooling unit for the past ten years or so now and when they eventually wear out, usually after about four years, we always buy another Dimplex for replacement. We have tried many other brands and Dimplex last the longest and cool the best when used properly.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
GLEN D.Dimplex

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review on our product. We very much appreciated your feedback!

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Dimplex DC12RCBW (3.5kW) compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Fitzy
FitzySomersby

Super loud! Sounds broken, radiates a lot of heat on the exit pipe

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Peter8888
Peter8888Liverpool

Need help

I have purchased Dimplex 3.5kw over a year ago. In the first year, it went well although it is quite noisy but I could tolerate it. Unfortunately, in the second summer after I turned on it for 15 minutes, it sounds like a broken machine which makes me to turn it off. I am just wondering who has experienced like me and know how to fix it? thanks

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Bonnie
BonnieGoonellabah

Not good.

Very loud, not cooling efficiently.I had a old Dimplex which still works today. I put it back in lounge room, as it cooled the rooms a lot faster and quieter.it's nearly 20years old. Would not part with it now. It is smaller in size, with it swinging vents back and forward.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Mumma Bear
Mumma BearSouth East Queensland, QLD

Keeps bedroom cool and reasonably quiet

Looks stylish and easy to use. Sits easily in corner of bedroom by window. Reasonably quiet and keeps our bedroom cool. Have used this almost every night through the summer months and does the job of keeping our room cool. Happy with its performance and its price. Does the job well.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
G01PERTH

Good but noisy

I am pleased with my unit. However it is louder than I expected. With the white exhaust pipe I found quite a bit of heat came from it also some odor (probably just the newness of it)it is quite portable and easy to install. I will just need to work out a way to cover the exhaust hose so as to limit the heat coming off.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Danielle D.Dimplex

G01

However the unit does work very well with the air-conditioner set at 24, when it's very hot some things you overlook

Portable Air Conditioners

See all Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW reviews

Paul Tasked
DC12RCBW (3.5kW)

Hi I have the DC10RC UNIT GREAT UNIT but I’m after the fitting that fits in the window plz I bought the unit but it only has the flex where can I get the fitting thanks

Paul T

I have the dc10rc not the dc12rcbw ????

Angela C.Dimplex

Hi Paul T,
Please call Customer Care on 1300 556 816 for spare parts.

Morgan S.
Morgan S.asked

What dose df code mean?

Sam L
Sam L

Here is an answer from Dimplex to your question found on the net: "The dF code is showing that you are running the unit in the dehumidification mode. Please be sure to attached the drain hose when using the appliance in the heating and/or dehumidification mode. If you require further assistance please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 556 816."

Karyn
Karynasked
DC12RCBW (3.5kW)

I've got a dc12 it's good for my bedroom which is about 2.5 by 4 square meters but just wondering if it should or would cool a bigger space just az well as it does my bedroom?

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Karyn - thank you for your query. Please note that as a general rule of thumb you can expect the unit to cool as a minimum around 10m2 and a maximum of 25m2. If you have any other queries regarding your appliance, please feel free to call and speak with our Tech team by phone: 1300 556 816

G01

Hi Karyn sadly it won't. We tried it in our bigger lounge room area, it cooled the room, but certainly not to the degree that it does when in a smaller area. Maybe too it has to work harder to cool a bigger room, which no doubt would put pressure on the motor.

See all Dimplex DC12RCBW (3.5kW) questions

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Compare all 3 Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW