Dimplex DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

12 questions from our users

Jake B.
Jake B.asked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

I just recently bought a 4.4kw DC15RCBW about a week ago. It has been running pretty much non stop since first setting it up and now it has started to randomly stop blowing cold air for short periods while the snow flake light flashes. It continues to blow air and eventually the light goes solid again and carries on blowing cold air again . Is this normal ? Should I be concerned ? Are these designed to be run 24/7 ?

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi Jake, Thank you for reaching out to Dimplex, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your unit and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

Jason G.
Jason G.asked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

After reading the manual book, I still don't understand how to use the heater on DC15RCBW.
If I have to attach a drain hose then the hose should have been included.

Angela C.Dimplex

Hi Jason,
HEATING & DEHUMIDIFICATION - When the heating or dehumidification functions are used the upper drain plug must be removed and a drain hose* must be attached. *Drain hose is not supplied. The drain hose needs to be 16mm and can be purchased from a hardware store.

kezza z.

Yeah but like Jason said if it needs a hose you think a unit worth $600-$999 should come with the hose needed for it to work

GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello Kezza z
The drain hose is not supplied because customer require varying lengths.

Charly M.
Charly M.asked

Hello,
I just bought this model from JB. Unpacked it today (22/12). When I set it to cool it takes a few minutes then starts running but NO AIR comes out from the vent. The exhaust has warm air but again NO AIR from the front. I called JB and already getting the runaround. This close to xmas holidays I just want to resolve it or get a replacement. Is there a trick to getting it to cool that I've missed?
Thanks in advance

Hello Charly M
Thank you for your email query. Assuming the following>

*that the unit is set for cooling rather than either dehumidify or heating ie displaying the snowflake symbol
*that the display is holding solid (rather than continuing to flash as it will until the compressor engages)
*the exhaust hose is placed correctly so that the hot air is being vented outside
*the unit is being operated on a flat, firm surface with the drain plug in place
*air inlet and outlets are clear and unblocked
*the unit is not situated in direct sunlight
*the room being cooled is closed up as much as possible ie doors & windows closed, blinds/ curtains drawn etc

If all the above are true and cold air cannot be felt coming from the front vents, you are able to return your product to the store for replacement within the 24 month warranty period offered by the manufacturer (as long you can verify purchase details by showing original invoice).

kezza z.

Hi you might need to pull the air vent off and the exhaust hose side off (By lifting up) and switch them around

Jacob Pasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

What does df mean with the cooling symbol flashing I also notice the compressor cuts out as this happens and unit stops cooling

Sam L

Here is an answer from a helpful soul at Dimplex:

Danielle D.
DIMPLEX
2 years ago
... DF being displayed would normally mean that the cooler is trying to go into defrost mode as the condenser and/ or compressor has iced over . This may disrupt the cooling cycle as the unit recycles the water collected internally and washes it over these parts to remove any build up of ice. This issue can be caused by using the unit in cooling mode without the drain plugs in place (thereby reducing the amount of available water to recirculate) If this is the case, please fit all plugs back into position and run as normal.

Should you require additional information regarding the use and care of your Dimplex product, please do not hesitate to contact us again at any time by calling our Customer Care team on 1300 556 816.

Jacob P

Plugs are in place so jow do i fix the problem please

Angela C.Dimplex

Hi Jacob,
Please contact our Technical Department on 1300 556 816 for further investigation.

Colleen Hasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

Do you leave water plug in when using cold air, do not have manual

Hi Colleen,
The upper drain plug must only be removed and a drain hose attached when using the heating and dehumidification functions.

Sam L

Your unit has 2 water drainage plugs. Bottom for cooling function or drainage prior to storage. Top for heating function.

When cooling, normally you do not have to unplug/drain unless you are in super humid environment. Then you could either periodically unplug bottom plug & empty or attach tube for constant drainage.

Here's Dimplex manual spiel: "When the air conditioner is used, excess water condensation may be produced that cannot be removed via the exhaust hose. This water is captured by an internal container. When this container is full, the unit will stop working and display the E4 error code. When the error code is displayed the water collected must be manually drained.

For Heating, Dimplex manual says the following: "When the heating or dehumidification functions are used the upper drain plug must be removed and a drain hose must be attached."

Sandraasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

Hi. Can you please tell me where I can purchase extra slats for my ducting kit. The three that came with the unit are not sufficient for my sliding door. Thanks in advance for your help. Sandra.

Sandraasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

Hi. Can you please tell me where I can purchase extra slats for my ducting kit. The three with the unit are not sufficient for my sliding door. Thanks in advance, Sandra .

Sam L

Have you tried Dimplex 1300 556 816 ?
You actually do not need additional panels to bridge a large opening (such as sliding door) - any material such as plywood or cardboard or styrofoam - wrapped in plastic - eg clingwrap or packing plastic or whatever to make it impervious to moisture (& to improve looks) will do the job - as it has for me. Just affix your homespun panel (say with tape) to original Dimplex panel that has the opening for the duct and you are set.

Hello Sandra
You can purchase another window slide set direct from GlenDimplex. Please call 1300 556 816.

Sandra

Thanks Eleonore for the prompt reply. Sam, you are a legend ! So kind of you to put up such a detailed helpful answer. Have a fab day : )

Ankit
Ankitasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

I have DC15RCB. I purchased it 2 month ago but now it is not working properly when I turn it ON it blow cold air about 15 min after that it blow warm air and again after 20 to 25 min it start to blow cold and this process happen again and again . No drainage water is coming out. Any ideas?

GLEN D.Dimplex

Hello Ankit
Assuming the following>
*that the unit is set for cooling rather than either dehumidify or heating ie displaying the ‘snowflake’ symbol
*filters are clean with no dirt or particulates visible
*air inlet and outlets are clear and unblocked
*the unit is not situated in direct sunlight

John Nicolasasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

I have a Dimplex dimc15rc reversible air conditioner and I am trying to use the heating and can't get it going.Can you help? I do have my manual and it does not say much about heating.

G01
G01

Hi John, Sorry I have been away, I have just put my dimplex on heat cycle, the max is 25. Looking at the book you basically have to physically reverse the aircon tube. With the vent and tube outlet, there is a sticker on the unit that says to lift upwards, that will remove them. Then swap them over so you outlet now is where your vent was. You need to then put your outlet tube on still have it through a window or however you had it set up for cooling. It took a little while to heat and as I said the max is 25 but it isn't hot by any means. It will take the chill out of the air and provide a comfortable area of warmth. I hope this has helps

John Nicolas

I got it GO1, but not with your explanation, but by experimenting myself. I must point out that your MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS is not specific on the setting of some of the actions to be taken but is fairly broad explanations. For example: - 2. FUNCTION - Press this button.....blah, blah, blah and goes on the 3- TEMP + elaborating on the cooling function blah, blah, blah and 4.TEMP - again in cooling function. How about - 1. Set your dehumdification to 23 Degrees, 2. Press the Function button...where you can see the 4 hp going and the compressor will start in 3 minutes from there and warm the room, no.......remove the chill from the room.
Please note I am not interested in joining your review or intend to be kept up to date with new products on the market. Thanks for you belated help.
Bye

Jenasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

The instructions say not to use extension leads but the built in cord is only short! Can we get a suitable extension cord or power board from Dimplex? The short cord certainly makes the unit less portable! I don't want the expense or inconvenience of getting additional power points everywhere. Thank you
Regards
Jenny

Wise Willow
Wise Willow

Every product manual advises you not to use an extention cord. This is to release them from any warrenty obligation should there be a problem (of any shape or form) for your purchase. I have used an extention cord with the Dimplex AC and just about every other electrical device I have owned with no problems. For your own peace of mind have a circuit breaker on your power outlet though your power provider should have adequate circuit breakers in your home electical box.

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Jen.. Thank you for your query. Please note that the warning offered regarding extension cord usage is, in simplest terms due to the issue of amperage draw. The longer the cord, the higher the amperage draw. The higher the amperage draw, the more likely (if the extension cord is not rated correctly), that it will cause the wire to overheat and possibly burn. We strongly suggest that you do not employ the use of an extension cord for this reason, and certainly never unattended.

Jen

Thankyou for your replies. I am not planning to use an extension cord because I do understand the danger. However I do wish the unit cord was longer. Very inconvenient.

Jenasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

My dimplex portable air conditioner has an exhaust vent tube that gets very hot. Also some hot air leaks from where the vent tube goes into the appliance. I think this would make the compressor have to work a lot harder. I read somewhere that the tube can be replaced with an insulated one from bunnings and sealed with duct tape. Would this work or would it damage the unit?

pmolsen
pmolsen

It would work just fine.

Brett
Brett

There is a sock that can be purchased through planetaid that goes over the exaust hose. It cuts the heat down to near nothing

Kenosha
Kenoshaasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

I have swapped the exhaust tube and vent placement.... and there is still no heat coming out - just cool air. The "sunshine" was also selected. Anyone else experience this?

jools59

Yes we have swapped the vents as per the manual is on sunshine and no heat whatsoever just cool air btw ours is a dimc12rc.

jools59

update - returned to good guys no hassles at all the compressor was not working replacement arranged and is working very happy with the unit.

See all Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW questions

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Dimplex DC15RCBW (4.4kW)