Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW Questions & Answers (page 3 of 4)

DC10RC (3kW), DC15RCBW (4.4kW), DC12RCBW (3.5kW)
Listing monitored by Dimplex

73 questions from our users

Trishasked
DC10RC (3kW)

i have just purchased a Dimplex DC10RC Portable Air Con & I was wondering if i can add any more extension
to the exhaust hose as i find it too short to where i want the air con to sit & where the window is situated??.

Hello Trish
The exhaust hose on the portable air conditioner cannot be extended. The air conditioner is designed to operate with the length of hose that is provided with the unit. If you extended the hose you could cause damage to the unit and also you will void your warranty.

Trish

Thank you Dimplex for your reply, you have totally answered my question

Ankit
Ankitasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

I have DC15RCB. I purchased it 2 month ago but now it is not working properly when I turn it ON it blow cold air about 15 min after that it blow warm air and again after 20 to 25 min it start to blow cold and this process happen again and again . No drainage water is coming out. Any ideas?

Hello Ankit
Assuming the following>
*that the unit is set for cooling rather than either dehumidify or heating ie displaying the ‘snowflake’ symbol
*that the display is holding solid (rather than continuing to flash as it will until the compressor engages)
*the exhaust hose is placed correctly so that the hot air is being vented outside
*the unit is being operated on a flat, firm surface with the drain plug in place
*the unit is not situated in direct sunlight
*the room being cooled is closed up as much as possible ie doors & windows closed, blinds/ curtains drawn etc
If all the above are true and cold air cannot be felt coming from the front vents, you are able to return your product to the store for replacement within the 24 month warranty period offered by the manufacturer (as long you can verify purchase details by showing original invoice).

Sandy Davenport
Sandy Davenportasked
DC10RC (3kW)

How do you change display screen from Fahrenheit to decimal?

Hello Sandy
Ensure the unit is plugged in and turned on at the wall but turn off at the control panel. Press and hold the “function” button on the unit for about 5 seconds until a ‘beep’ is heard. Then push “power” button on to return power to the unit, the display board should now show either a ‘Celsius’ reading or allow you to select your preferred read out between “Fahrenheit” or “Celsius”.

Mark T.
Mark T.

Do u add water to unit

Azza B
Azza Basked
DC10RC (3kW)

I’ve got a dc Dimplex dc10rc and it’s not blowing cold air?

Hello Azza B
*the unit is not situated in direct sunlight

Valasked
DC10RC (3kW)

What is the energy rating for DC10RC?

Hi Val,
Small appliances don't usually have an energy rating. Please refer to the following government website http://www.energyrating.gov.au/ for more information.

Gordon
Gordon

I have one of these being the smallest unit it is the most economical of the three sizes.
I found the power bills quite good.
I brought this size because people said it was economical in there reviews.
I hope this helps.

Thank you for your help Gordon & Dimplex

Callum Hasked
DC10RC (3kW)

I bought a dc10rc reverse cycle portable air con and it seems to be blowing out cold air when on heat setting. The sliding filters are clean, the vent is on the right side but sometimes it’s hot and sometimes it’s cold. The room I’m in is quite cold so I was wondering if it being cold before I turn the unit on could affect it? Any help is aopreciated.

Hello Callum H
Assuming the following>
*that the unit is set for heating rather than either dehumidify or cooling ie displaying the ‘sunshine’ symbol
*the exhaust hose is placed correctly so that the hot air is being vented internally
*the unit is being operated on a flat, firm surface with the drain hose in place
*the ambient temperature of the room is not higher than 24 degrees Celsius
*the room being heated is closed up as much as possible ie doors & windows closed, blinds/ curtains drawn etc
If all the above are true and warm air cannot be felt coming from the front vents, you are able to return your product to the store for either replacement or refund (as long as the unit is within the warranty period and you can verify purchase details by showing original invoice).

Callum H

Yeah all of those are correct. Just wondering if the room is cold and I set too high, will the difference in temperature cause an issue at all?

Kolle Papendell
Kolle Papendellasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Can someone please tell me why it keeps turning off when on heating mode please it'll be a big help if I know the reason why it keeps turning off when on heating mode? :(

Cathy
Cathyasked
DC10RC (3kW)

New purchased today it is not cooling air at all. Any ideas?

Brendan R.
Brendan R.

Before you read all of this, just make sure it is blowing cool air out the front vent, and you have the vents around the right way for cooling(the front vent and exhaust hose are swapped around for heating). If it's not blowing cold air already, the unit has a fault.

There are a couple of design flaws with these portable air conditioners, I have the same model as you and I have been scratching my head for the last few weeks trying to get it to work efficiently. They should be a dual hose system, but dual hose air cons don’t meet the Minimum Energy Performance Standards(MEPS) in Australia where single hose systems are exempt from these standards. What you need to do is modify it to be a dual hose system. Watch this video on youtube as it explains the problems and shows how to make a dual hose system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlX-iKldMY8 .The heater (condenser) is where the bottom filter is on the side of the unit, (the top filter is for the cooler (evaporator)). You need to cover the vents where the bottom filter is with the box shown in the youtube video. I just cut out pieces of cardboard and make the whole box myself and taped it up with the insulation tape mentioned below, I will eventually make the box out of aluminium sheet, fix it with screws and seal is up with silicon to be a more permanent solution. If you can’t fit the box so you can get the filter out to clean it, you can cover the end of the ducting with some of this filter mat https://www.bunnings.com.au/dynabreeze-filtamat_p4441704 .I shortened the window fitting and put the second hose at the bottom and attached to a piece of cardboard to hold it in place with the window kit sitting on top of the ducting in a horizontally sliding window.

The other flaw with the system is that hot air leaks out around the window vent hose on the back of the air con, and the hose also heats up. The air leaking out is around 40 degrees C, and the hose can be around 37 degrees C, which also makes it harder for the unit to cool a room. I have put my system on a stand so the unit is as close to the window as I can get it and the vent hose is as short as possible(you may need to cut it down to the length you need) . I bought some 150mm aluminium ducting from Bunnings (https://www.bunnings.com.au/blauberg-150mm-x-3m-aluminium-duct_p4420299) which just fits over the top of the original vent hose and reduces the heat output, I also got some insulation tape (https://www.bunnings.com.au/ametalin-72mm-x-50m-reinforced-insulation-and-ducting-tape_p0811219) to secure the ducting and seal up the air leaking out around the back of the unit. The left over ducting can be used for the dual hose system. I will also get some formshield from Clarke Rubber (https://www.clarkrubber.com.au/formshield) to go over the ducting to insulate it even more.

Our system will run in the bedroom at 25 degrees C set on automatic fan speed and the fan stays on the slowest speed when it is 32 degrees outside. We find 25 degrees is the best setting, as the room is comfortable to sleep in and the air con isn’t working flat out the whole time (my partner and I work night shift so we sleep during the day). I know it’s a bit of a joke that we have to do all these fixes to make them run half decently, but you’ll find the same problem with all the portable air cons unless they are a split system. Hopefully this will help you get it to run a bit better, but it will never be anywhere near as effective as a normal fixed air con is. I’m not sure what has to be done when they are changed over to heating, I’m guessing the opposite will have to be done with the dual hose system and it moved to the top to cover the evaporator, but I’ll look at that problem when it gets cold.

Wayne Pasked
DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

I have purchased the DC10 3KW Model. We live in a 24caravan and talking to the rep it would do the job well. That is NOT the case. If I stand on front of the vents I feel cool, but venture to the side from the airflow and it is hot. After 2 nights we have agreed if there is no improvement we will take it back.
What are we doing wrong, nearly $600 and it’s nigh on useless.. any help?

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Wayne - the DC10 is one of the smallest units in our range. The concern relevant to running this product in a caravan (or similar) would be the additional output required due to the low levels of insulation normally found in these types of vehicles. Given that the unit appears to be working ie you can definitely feel cold air blowing forward (and assuming of course that the cooling mode is in use rather than dehumidify etc and that the hot air is being vented correctly out of the van via the installation of the exhaust hose into the window kit) perhaps you do need to consider either a larger unit or a different system? It may be worth revisiting your conversation with your sales agent.
Should you require any further assistance in relation to this query, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team by phone: 1300 556 816 or email: customer.care@glendimplex.com.au at any time.

Wayne P

I have returned the unit as it is just not suitable in our situation so are now going to fit a split system.
Thanks for your reply

Emmaasked
DC10RC (3kW)

I bought the DC10RC, I haven't used it yet. I have only looked at the instructions, which are not very detailed. I intend to return it if it doesn't suit my needs. I just need to cool a small bedroom (16-20sq m) during summer. I'll never use the heat function, just the cooling air conditioning function. Do I need to attach a tube to the unit and out through the window? The instructions say to do this, but what if I just use the cooling feature? Do you need to open the window of the bedroom while the cooling air con is running?

Peter Phillips
Peter Phillips

for both heating and cooling you MUST attach the tube and put it venting out your window. This is the way the unit exchanges hot for cool air and vica versa , cool for hot. The unit will not provide either heating or cooling without the tube fitted

The feature say:
Self-evaporative system - no drip tray or hose required (cooling mode only)
So I thought that in cooling mode, you do not need a tube to the window.

The product manual says you must attach a tube for heating, but it doesn't say for cooling.

So that's why I thought, since it is self evaporative, a hose is not required for cooling mode.

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Emma - it will depend on what you are referring to when you say 'tube'. If you are referring to the exhaust hose ie thick vent hose that attaches from the back of the unit to the window kit then yes - this MUST be fitted. If however you are referring to the drain hose that can be fit to run off excess moisture, then no - this is not required at all when the unit is being run in cooling mode only.
Should you have any further queries or concerns regarding the use and/ or care of this product, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team by phone: 1300 556 816 during business hours.

John Nicolasasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

I have a Dimplex dimc15rc reversible air conditioner and I am trying to use the heating and can't get it going.Can you help? I do have my manual and it does not say much about heating.

G01

Hi John, Sorry I have been away, I have just put my dimplex on heat cycle, the max is 25. Looking at the book you basically have to physically reverse the aircon tube. With the vent and tube outlet, there is a sticker on the unit that says to lift upwards, that will remove them. Then swap them over so you outlet now is where your vent was. You need to then put your outlet tube on still have it through a window or however you had it set up for cooling. It took a little while to heat and as I said the max is 25 but it isn't hot by any means. It will take the chill out of the air and provide a comfortable area of warmth. I hope this has helps

John Nicolas

I got it GO1, but not with your explanation, but by experimenting myself. I must point out that your MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS is not specific on the setting of some of the actions to be taken but is fairly broad explanations. For example: - 2. FUNCTION - Press this button.....blah, blah, blah and goes on the 3- TEMP + elaborating on the cooling function blah, blah, blah and 4.TEMP - again in cooling function. How about - 1. Set your dehumdification to 23 Degrees, 2. Press the Function button...where you can see the 4 hp going and the compressor will start in 3 minutes from there and warm the room, no.......remove the chill from the room.
Please note I am not interested in joining your review or intend to be kept up to date with new products on the market. Thanks for you belated help.
Bye

annie
annieasked

Dimplex DC10RC
Can someone please help me getting this unit heating mode on?
I turn it on and set the temperature to 25C which is the highest I can go but only found cold air come out
Wait for 5 unit turn off itself
What should I do
Thought getting this for convenience function of reverse cycle

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Annie - when you want to use this unit in heating mode, it does require that the vents are 'reversed' as per the instructions in your Owner's manual. This will ensure that the hot air generated is blown forward into your room instead of being vented outside via the exhaust hose (as when in cooling mode). If you require additional assistance, or confirmation of the procedure involved, please feel free to contact our Tech team by phone: 1300 556 816

G01

I haven't used the heat cycle as yet however Dimplex Official's answer is something I will keep in mind myself. A bit like ceiling fans they have the winter and summer setting to distribute air. All the best Annie

Karyn
Karynasked
DC12RCBW (3.5kW)

I've got a dc12 it's good for my bedroom which is about 2.5 by 4 square meters but just wondering if it should or would cool a bigger space just az well as it does my bedroom?

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Karyn - thank you for your query. Please note that as a general rule of thumb you can expect the unit to cool as a minimum around 10m2 and a maximum of 25m2. If you have any other queries regarding your appliance, please feel free to call and speak with our Tech team by phone: 1300 556 816

G01

Hi Karyn sadly it won't. We tried it in our bigger lounge room area, it cooled the room, but certainly not to the degree that it does when in a smaller area. Maybe too it has to work harder to cool a bigger room, which no doubt would put pressure on the motor.

Vincent P.
Vincent P.asked
DC10RC (3kW)

Hi, Someone accidentally changed my temperature settings from Celcius to Fahrenheit. I've looked through my manual and it doesn't say that function exists.

My portable aircon model is Dimplex DC10RC. Everything else works except I have to convert mentally on what my temp setting is. Thanks guys.

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Vincent P - Thank you for your question.
Please follow the below instructions in order to revert to a Celsius reading on your display:

Ensure the unit is plugged in and turned ON at the wall but OFF at the control panel. Press and hold the FUNCTION button on the unit for about 5 seconds until a ‘beep’ is heard. Then push POWER button on to return power to the unit, the display board should now show either a ‘Celsius’ reading or allow you to select your preferred read out between “Fahrenheit” or “Celsius”.

Should you have any other queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team by phone: 1300 556 816.

Danielle on behalf of the Dimplex team

Kateasked
DC12RCBW (3.5kW)

Hi, my air con has been working fine, nice cold air and in working condition. I often clean the filters and clear the water. Yesterday I turned it on as it was 35 degrees on the Gold Coast, after about 2 minutes - it turned off by itself. I waited and turned it back on later however it now blows air (possibly even hot air) rather than cold air. I checked my receipt and as the story goes... it is 2 months out of warranty. What can I do and why would this have happened?

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Kate - How annoying for you!! I am so sorry this has happened.. If you would please contact our office and speak with a member of the Technical team, we will require a copy of your purchase receipt but should be able to work something out for you. Talk to you again soon..

Danielle on behalf of the team at Glen Dimplex

Kate

Hi Danielle, thankyou for your reply. I am aware of my statutory rights and brought the unit back to the retailers - The Good Guys as they are the contracted party. I am disappointed as the issue still hasn't been resolved. The heat this week has been over 30 degrees and is the prime time to use an air con. I purchased the air con to use it during the heat and unfortunately I am now without an air con and feel that the issue won't be resolved anytime soon. It has unfortunately impacted my view on Dimplex and their products. At this stage, I feel like it won't be resolved until winter.

Bek Walshawasked
DC10RC (3kW)

We have noticed our dimplex has started leaking water from the front...
How do we fix this?
It's a lot of water and we have drained the bottom lower pipe like the manual states and cleaned air filters.

Jen

Are you using dehumidifier setting? If so I think you have to add the drainpipe. Otherwise I am not sure what it could be.

Bek Walshaw

We are using it just for cold not heat or anything!

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Bek - if the cooler is not completely level the water held in the internal container may run forward and leak. Otherwise, assuming that you are running the cooler with all drain spigots blocked (and dependent on the age of the product) it may simply require a maintenance service to clean out the condenser/ evaporator etc internally. Please contact either a local refrigeration service technician or our Customer Care team on 1300-556-816 for further advise.

Dpark
Dparkasked
DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

My machine was working fine overnight. Now it shows the number: 23 and doesnt turn on, any ideas?

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Dpark - Please check what temperature you have your cooler set on. If the room temperature (ambient temperature) is lower than the set temperature, the unit will not operate. To get around this- reduce the temperature to the lowest setting, raise the fan setting to the highest setting. If this makes no difference to the performance of the unit, please contact our office for further advice relevant to service that may be required. Ph: 1300556816

ali
aliasked
DC12RCBW (3.5kW)

what does each of the 3 function symbols mean?

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Ali - the Owner's Manual supplied with the unit should have an explanation of the symbols for you (approximately page 3) If you need a replacement copy, please shoot us an email: customer.care@glendimplex.com.au and we will send you one..
Otherwise, this is a breakdown for you:

Snowflake = Cooling,
Sunshine = Heating,
Water drops – Dehumidification mode..

Hope that helps..

Danielle on behalf of the team at Dimplex

fdssd
fdssdasked
DC10RC (3kW)

We have ordered a Dimplex DIMC10RC. It may be available in a week time.
We have a large slider window with 135cm tall. After downtown the instructions manual from the web, We found the window kit only can fit the window with 100cm tall in max. Do you have any idea what should we do to fix it to our window?
Norman

Jen

I used a strip of cardboard cut from the box! Not very aesthetic but does the job of covering the rest of the gap for now. (Ours is installed in a sliding door.) I too would be interested in what others have done. The instructions for the window kit are very lacking! I just set it up as best I could using screws into the frame of the sliding screen door.
Then I put a stick-on door sealer on vertical edge of the glass door to make a better seal to stop hot air from coming back in. The glass door still closes fine if we take out the white tube.
I also found it necessary to use some heat-resistant stick-on foam insulation around where the white tube comes out of the unit because a lot of hot air escaped back into the room from there. Hope it will not harm the unit but seems good so far.

Wise Willow

Yes, me too. Kit did not fit window opening but did a little DIY with card board and tape. Not ideal and feel the AC should come with a kit to accommodate larger windows for the price.

Jenasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

The instructions say not to use extension leads but the built in cord is only short! Can we get a suitable extension cord or power board from Dimplex? The short cord certainly makes the unit less portable! I don't want the expense or inconvenience of getting additional power points everywhere. Thank you
Regards
Jenny

Wise Willow

Every product manual advises you not to use an extention cord. This is to release them from any warrenty obligation should there be a problem (of any shape or form) for your purchase. I have used an extention cord with the Dimplex AC and just about every other electrical device I have owned with no problems. For your own peace of mind have a circuit breaker on your power outlet though your power provider should have adequate circuit breakers in your home electical box.

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Jen.. Thank you for your query. Please note that the warning offered regarding extension cord usage is, in simplest terms due to the issue of amperage draw. The longer the cord, the higher the amperage draw. The higher the amperage draw, the more likely (if the extension cord is not rated correctly), that it will cause the wire to overheat and possibly burn. We strongly suggest that you do not employ the use of an extension cord for this reason, and certainly never unattended.

Jen

Thankyou for your replies. I am not planning to use an extension cord because I do understand the danger. However I do wish the unit cord was longer. Very inconvenient.

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW