Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW Questions & Answers (page 4 of 4)

DC10RC (3kW), DC15RCBW (4.4kW), DC12RCBW (3.5kW)
Listing monitored by Dimplex

73 questions from our users

Jen
Jenasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

My dimplex portable air conditioner has an exhaust vent tube that gets very hot. Also some hot air leaks from where the vent tube goes into the appliance. I think this would make the compressor have to work a lot harder. I read somewhere that the tube can be replaced with an insulated one from bunnings and sealed with duct tape. Would this work or would it damage the unit?

pmolsen
pmolsen

It would work just fine.

Brett
Brett

There is a sock that can be purchased through planetaid that goes over the exaust hose. It cuts the heat down to near nothing

shannyb
shannybasked
DC10RC (3kW)

I dont have the remote or the big white hose that goes out the window where would I buy the hose from and what do I ask for

GDA.MarketingDimplex

Hi there.. Please be advised that the parts required can be supplied direct from our head office via our Customer Care team either by phone (1300-556-816) or email: customer.care@glendimplex.com.au. Our team will need you to let them know the model number in order to quote you on pricing and availability of the remote and exhaust hose as required.
Hope this helps!!

Shane
Shaneasked
DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

I have lost my instruction manual and need a replacement as we are coming out of winter and into the hotter months. How can I obtain one for the DC10RC model??

Wise Willow

Google Dimplex Manual and download......

GDA.MarketingDimplex

Hi Shane.. You can always obtain a replacement manual via our Customer Care team either by phone: 1300 556 816 or email request: customer.care@glendimplex.com.au
Hope this helps!!

Nick
Nickasked
DC10RC (3kW)

What drainage hose do I get to use on the heat setting?

GDA.MarketingDimplex

Thank you for your query.

Please either fit your required length of 16mm (diameter) tubing to the drain outlet after removing the plug OR place a container underneath to catch the overflow and empty as required. The tubing can be purchased from most hardware or plumbing supply stores.

sabs
sabsasked
DC10RC (3kW)

I have tried to put the heater on but it doesnt seem to be working. Any ideas?

GDA.MarketingDimplex

Thank you for your query.

Assuming the following>

*that the unit is set for heating rather than either dehumidify or cooling ie displaying the ‘sunshine’ symbol
*that the display is holding solid (rather than continuing to flash as it will until the compressor engages)
*the exhaust hose is placed correctly so that the hot air is being vented internally (the vent and the air hose need to be reversed for the heating function)
*the unit is being operated on a flat, firm surface with the drain hose in place
*filters are clean with no dirt or particulates visible
*air inlet and outlets are clear and unblocked
*the ambient temperature of the room is not higher than 24 degrees Celsius
*the room being heated is closed up as much as possible ie doors & windows closed, blinds/ curtains drawn etc

If all the above are true and warm air still cannot be felt coming from the front vents, you are able to return your product to the store for either replacement (as long as the unit is within the warranty period and you can verify purchase details by showing original invoice).

Kenosha
Kenoshaasked
DC15RCBW (4.4kW)

I have swapped the exhaust tube and vent placement.... and there is still no heat coming out - just cool air. The "sunshine" was also selected. Anyone else experience this?

jools59

Yes we have swapped the vents as per the manual is on sunshine and no heat whatsoever just cool air btw ours is a dimc12rc.

jools59

update - returned to good guys no hassles at all the compressor was not working replacement arranged and is working very happy with the unit.

AB Pravin Patel
AB Pravin Patelasked
DC10RC (3kW)

What is the weight of this unit??

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi there
The weight of this unit is approximately 29.5 kg (including packaging)
Hope that helps!

Michelle
Michelleasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Hi! I bought the DC10RC over a year ago and when it was new it seemed to work (cooling) a bit, but now doesn't really seem to do much at all, there seems to be barely 3 degrees difference from the outside temperature to the inside. Last week it was 34 degrees outside and the room was 31 with the cooler on for hours and hours. The rest of the house was 33 so it is doing virtually nothing. Heating is fine. We have cleaned the filters numerous times to no avail. We also noticed that there seems to be some debris in the water (has always come out since we bought it) that comes from the drainage plug and kind of looks like rusty bits of metal? I wouldn't have thought there should be any debris at all in there for a system which was brand new just over 12 months ago so not sure what this is.
Could you please advise us on what to do? I think it is still under warranty but I was reluctant to take it in because I don't want to be charged if they find nothing wrong. Thanks.

Steve CDimplex

Hi Michelle,

It sounds like you may have a gas leak or blocked drain. Please take the unit back to your place of purchase along with your proof of purchase and they will change the unit over for you. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Steve C

Wise Willow

Gosh, thanks for your question but I am just a purchaser. My machine really pumps out the cold air and cools down my bedroom very quickly but the AC is not designed for large rooms. I have not used the heating. I have read other reviews about water coming out etc and suggest you contact Dimplex ASAP. If is is still under warranty I hope they replace it as it sounds like a lemon.
Good luck.

djldjl

We've had ours for two years and it effectively cools the master bedroom. I don't think it would work well in a larger space. It has never had crap in the water. I suggest you talk to the people where you bought it or to the manufacturer. Sorry I don't know what the warranty term is. Good luck.

Lisa Reid
Lisa Reidasked
DC10RC (3kW)

The instructions really don't make it clear which function is which. They just tell me which button is the function button. An explanation of the icons would be useful.

Danielle D.Dimplex

HI Lisa
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Whilst not all models have all functions available, the function symbols used are standard across our range.
These symbols are as follows:

Snowflake = cooling
Sunshine = heating
Raindrop/s = dehumidify

Hope that helps!!

Danielle per

Leahasked
DC10RC (3kW)

Hi we bought this machine less then 12 months ago and it cools beautifully the only complaint/question and it is a big one is sometimes it leaks to a point where we have to hire a cleaner to suck the water out of the carpet there is no pattern as to when it leaks just suddenly we wake up to sloshy carpets. We had it sitting on a stand and thought maybe it wasn't level so put it straight on the carpet was fine for months then on morning sloshy carpets I ran my hand under the machine but it was dry no sign of a leak. We put it back on a larger stand move it to another room to make sure it was the machine went great for a few days then once again slushy carpet the stand was dry so no clue where it is coming from. Any ideas why it would leak and where it would be leaking from?

Ken
Ken

Sorry as I have not experienced this problem at all, is the product still under warranty ?

Leah

Yes it is but we have waited almost a year just for them to send a part that was missing that connects the window pipe to the machine. I asked them at the same time and they blamed us saying it probably is not level. Don't like our chances of anything happening before warranty runs out.

djldjl

There is a water reservoir in the machine. There's a light on the display that comes on when the reservoir needs emptying. You empty it by wheeling it out side, pull the plug which is at the back at the bottom and water runs out. Then put the plug back in and you should be right.

Jacqueline Rose
Jacqueline Roseasked

hi
how do you change over from hot to cold?

Damien C.
Damien C.

Remove the two black grilles - the one with the slats and the one for the duct / tube - and then turn the unit back to front. Put the grilles back in, then press Func until the snowflake icon is highlighted.

susan
susanasked
DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

how can i put the outlet through a louvre window?

TimG

You'd need to remove one or two of the louvre's depending on their size.

dianne1
dianne1asked
DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW

How do you know the heating setting? The instrtuction booklet is useless

TimG

Unfortunately mine broke down before I ever had to use the heating function. However, I'm pretty sure you have to re-configure the in/outlets.

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Dimplex DC10RC / DC12RCBW / DC15RCBW