Dimplex OFRC24 Range

OFRC24TIB, OFRC24TFNW, OFRC24TFNB, etc...

• Heating Speed5/5 (1)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (0) · No (1)
kishlette

kishletteMelbourne

Like the product but Dimplex's customer service is poor

Purchased in May 2015 at eBay for $189.00.

Sammyb

SammybNSW, 2020

I like it

This has got me through 2 winters and is still going strong, currently using it in my lounge room and it does a good job of heating the room. he
It's more efficient than my previous fan heater and I also feel more safe using it since all the heating parts are enclosed and isn't exposed.
I would buy it again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
bhanumathi

bhanumathi

works fine

The heater heats my bed room relatively better than my previous one. I don't know the efficiency of the product in terms of power consumption as my electricity bill didn't show me huge difference. Still i recommend this product for its efficiency as a heater to heat up my room quickly.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Danielle D.Dimplex

Thank you for your review of our product - we appreciate you comments.

Electric Heaters

Find out how Dimplex OFRC24 Range compares to other Electric Heaters

Quite good

Overall, this heater is relatively effective in terms of keeping the room warm enough and longer enough; and it is easy to use. However, I personally feel that it is too heavy and troublesome as it occupies quite a lot of space, so it terms of cleaning up the room, it may cause some troubles.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Lovely, quiet heat.

Our heater is amazing. It heats a large area with no noise or smell. We have central heating but hardly use it as this heater does the job more efficiently and economically. One of our better buys. Easy to keep clean and very safe, you can move it around with ease.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Madeleine

MadeleineDrouin

Half happy

My No worries, no fuss guarantee.
If you have any problems within three months of purchase, we'll put them right.

Nan used to own one of these heaters and as a little kid i remember i absolutely loved it! to sit in front of it with my bowl of ice cream watching the news after dinner is a kids best idea.

Except as i have gotten older as it still carries good memory i believe this product inst very safe as the hot heater isn't covered by anything. Other than this, great heater.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Emma

EmmaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terribly noisy

I purchased two of these heaters for our bedrooms being conscious of efficiency. The heaters are both so noisy that we are woken regularly. It can be hard to get my toddler to sleep with the constant clanging and loud vibrations. Very disappointed. Unfortunately after owning two of them it isn't just a fault with one of them. I wouldn't give them away.

Lyndell D.

Lyndell D.

Needs a few design improvements

Disappointing

Our old Dimplex RIO oil heater (which we loved!) died after serving us well for over 10 years so we decided to go with the same brand. Chose the Dimplex ECO because we thought it might be lighter on the electricity. So far quite disappointed with the ECO. Doesn't heat up the room anywhere near as well as our old one, and you can only grab some warmth from it if you are standing over the top of it. Wishing we had have stuck with what we knew and purchased the cheaper oil column heater...

Electric Heaters

Find out how Dimplex OFRC24 Range compares to other Electric Heaters

Kate

KateCanberra

There are other things that are better and cheaper!

Was convinced to buy this heater over a DeLonghi (of the same wattage) as it is more environmentally friendly and was meant to heat up quicker and be more efficient. We already had a DeLonghi, but wanted another for the bedroom. This heater was incredibly slow to heat up and did not heat the room (we had it on for an hour and the room was still cold, the DeLonghi heated the room toasty warm in one hour). It was also made metal clanging sounds when you walked past it (the elements banging inside) which is very distracting in a bedroom.
Nothing
Expensive, did not heat quickly (despite claims), did not heat a bedroom.

Kokoda68

Kokoda68Perth, WA

Easy Heating

My split system stopped working so I purchased the Dimplex and was amazed with the heat the 2.4kW heater put out. It easily heats and keeps warm the whole of our small three-bedroom duplex, excluding the cold toilet/laundry area, but we close that door. The first night I put it in my son's room as it is much colder than the rest of the house, but last night I left it outside his door and in the dining room. I was amazed to find at 2.00 am that the complete duplex was warm and toasty. This is a great and unexpectedly efficient product.
Easy to understand the timer, sides of unit do not get particularly hot with most of the heat released through vents at the top of the unit.

bongo

bongoAdelaide, SA

So far it does what it's suposed to do - heat.

This is a pretty good heater. We needed a heater for our little boys large bedroom with very high ceilings. The old heater just couldn't do it without being on all night and it was costing us a bundle. This heater keeps his bedroom warm without being on all night. You can also set it to a timer which is built in. It also isn't a very expensive unit to buy. It will be interesting to see if the power bill has dropped since buying this heater. I've not taken into account the "carbon tax" but that is a whole other issue...
It does the job.
The LED screen is really hard to see. It doesn't light up so it makes it super hard to read and make changes to programs.

jgsydney
jgsydney

How is the electricity bill with these heaters?

Maria

Mariaasked

OFRC24TIB

Our heater has completely stopped operating. It was working fine not long ago then I unplugged the unit for 5-10 minutes to plug in another appliance temporarily & now it won't switch back on. Had it plugged in for 72 hours to ensure the battery was charged but nothing. We did notice on occasions last year that it wouldn't switch on & we had to knock it to get it working. Unfortunately not having any luck doing that now. Had it for several years so assuming it's dead & will have to be thrown out. Any ideas why it won't work?

Hi Maria,
Since you have had to knock the heater to get it started it sounds like you must have a loose connection somewhere. If it is past the warranty period perhaps you take it to small electrical appliance repairer in your area to have a look at it.

Bumble B.

Bumble B.asked

OFRC24 Range

Does the power light stay on even though it is switched off?

Hello Bumble B
Thank you for your enquiry. The power light will remain on until such time that the heater is switched off at the power supply point.

Gavin H

Gavin Hasked

OFRC24TIB

oil is starting to leak out the base - this heater is 4 years old - what happens if all the oil leeks out and can it be repaired?

Hi Gavin
Please note that as a rule, oil filled heaters are a non-serviceable, sealed unit and once the cavity is breached, there is no viable repair available.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards
Bev

See all Dimplex OFRC24 Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Compare all 6 Dimplex OFRC24 Range

Dimplex OFRC24TIB

2.7
CategoryElectric HeatersElectric HeatersElectric HeatersElectric Heaters
Price (RRP) $259.00$199.00$229.00
Heater TypeFin & Column and PortableFin & Column and PortableFin & Column and PortableFin & Column and Portable
Colour / FinishWhiteBlackWhiteBlack
Dimensions 628 x 283 x 555 mm628 x 283 x 555 mm622 x 280 x 540 mm622 x 280 x 540 mm
FeaturesFan and ThermostatFan and ThermostatThermostat and TimerThermostat and Timer
Number of Heat Settings222
Power2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateFeb 2009Feb 2009Feb 2009