Direct Flights

Direct Flights (page 2 of 32)

Hassles free booking

After reading the so many positive reviews, I have decided to book with Flights direct, I received my E-tickets within 3 hours of booking and payment. Will book with them again, customer service good. The only issue needs fixing is the site .

Easy ticketing

I was a bit concerned about buying flights through an online travel agent and read these reviews before I decided to go ahead. From my experience the process was super easy. On booking I received an email asking me to provide a copy of my passport/drivers licence or transaction listing from my credit card to ensure it wasn’t a fraudulent transaction. E tickets were emailed to me before the verification. Easy peasy. Wouldn’t hesitate in using them again.

Their Proactive attitude will take their Comapny A long way

So I booked an amazingly priced Multi City Flight to Europe, and as it was departing at such a close date to when I booked Tuesday departing Friday. I got confirmation that I could also input into my Qantas app that registered Immediately, and then their team Emailed me within 1 hour of the transaction requesting 2 simple Virification documents to ensure that the Card used was indeed of my own volition and that there was no Fraudulent behaviour involved... with this forward thinking and also a follow up courtesy call that followed that afternoon will continue to held Advocates from their customers.

Thank you for your review.

Not the best experience but worked out fine

I booked one return flight yesterday via direct flight.

After reading all the mixed reviews here, I decided to take some risk. I do prefer talking to a real person but when I went to a flight center office and asked them if they could give a better price, they flatly refused.

Everything was fine during the online booking with direct flight. The price was one of the better ones although not the lowest. Ater paying via PayPal, I got confirmation email from direct flight immediately. It was all good. A pretty Australian girl's smily face was also floating around the right bottom corner of the computer screen offering help through online chat. It gave me some sort of comfort that help would be available at the click of a button. When I clicked at the icon though it prompted me to leave my contact details for them to call back. There wasn't a girl at the other end of the line typing away to help with any enquiry in real time. It's OK for me. I had been using online booking through various agents for over 10 years anyway. I used webjet a lot but the booking fee they added on at the end of the check out had always pissed me off. The price never worked out much cheaper in the end. I was glad that there was no last minute add on cost except the 1.5% PayPal surcharge when I booked with direct flight.

3.5 hours later though, when I was outside home, I got an urgent email from direct flight requesting my photo id and the payment proof on the same day before the e ticket could be issued. Attached was also a letter stating the booking condition, which I didn't notice at all at the time of booking. I had been carefully reading the terms and condition but didn't notice that condition.
Alarm bell straight away was ringing. The first thought I had was that it was a scam. I was at least relived by the fact that my payment was through PayPal and if it turned out to be a scam I could hopefully lodge a dispute. I rang direct flight before sending over any documents of course. An Indian girl answered the call. Her accent was strong but I could understand her. She told me that because it was Sunday they hadn't received my payment detail and therefore they couldn't issue ticket until I sent payment proof. I stated that sending payment proof would be OK but I would not send any photo ID as no other online agents had ever requested my photo ID for issuing tickets during the past 10 years. At least she accepted this request. I went home, sent my PayPal payment confirmation to direct flight. This drama did cost me some sleep as I wasn't sure how it would end. My phone beeped at 3am. At first it was my PayPal payment receipt rather than the confirmation. Then shortly after, the e ticket from direct flight!

So, all ended well. I asked myself if that little bit of saving was worth all the trouble. My conclusion was that it certainly was worth a try. I didn't like flight center's expensive price and I didn't like some other online agents' last minute's add on cost that was not in the initial quote. It was time to try something different. I don't feel shame in trying to save some hard earned money. Direct flight was certainly cheaper and didn't hit me with any sneaky add on cost. Perhaps the whole thing could have been handled a bit better though.
Rather than sending the urgent demand with parts of it in red bold font highlighted by yellow background, it could have been a message stating that the e ticket will be issued once PayPal payment is cleared. Would I be worried about not getting the e ticket until my PayPal payment had been received by any agent? Not really. No agent had sent me any e ticket immediately until payments had been cleared in the past 10 years. I do worry though about sending my photo ID or credit card details out. Perhaps I was also overly alarmed by online scams. I do think though merchants should avoid requesting any unnecessary documents from customers since it can only do more harm than good to their customers and ultimately their own businesses.

I am glad that the issue was solved promptly.

Would I book with direct flight again. Maybe, but not if i have to send over photo id unnecessarily since I don't believe anyone can safeguard its security.

P.S.
I hope no harm done to the girl who answered my call or the person who send the 'urgent' emails. The girl who answered the call had been very reasonable. Maybe the company call review its procedure in the case similar to this though.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We regret the inconvenience caused. We are glad that it worked out fine. The request for photo ID was to authenticate the transaction.

Not clear and transparent

I bought 2 tickets to go to my home country for the holidays. I spend more than 5k, therefore, I received an email saying that because of the high amount of money they needed to verify that it was a legitim purchase. Fair enough. The email asked for a passport image OR a screenshot of the transaction. I sent them my passport photo but they contacted me saying that they would need another document to confirm the transaction. Why didn't they tell me straight away at the first email?
After sending them my transaction screenshot, they replied saying that they need now an Australian identification. I told them that I'm not Australian, that my passport photo should be quite official... don't understand why are they doing all this. Feels doggy...

Booking Type Flights
Hi Francisca, We regret the inconvenience caused. We need to check the authenticity and there after we released the tickets.Your team does not even know how your procedures work. I’m very disappointed.

Sadly an accident and I was forced to cancel til fractures healed, rebooking was a nightmare

lost half the money when had to cancel because of accident. 3 months later, checked fare, got ok from hospital, went back to site, price up $250 in less than 24 hrs, queried it got manual booking... price more again, then had to pay immediately. Wanted B-pay told I couldn't use it because it was weekend, only credit card accepted at a further charge. Ended up paying 100;s of dollars more. Not happy.

Best price and Easy

The whole process was quick and easy. Saved heaps and I recommend them. Be sure to read the conditions as prices do go up if you delay payment (which is expected) and if you make errors. Will definitely be using them again.

Not happy

I've booked a round trip in April. I was doing a mistake and I've check out and found out my name and my partner name are not correct. Then contact Direct flight and found out for this mistake they need to cancel my initial booking and wait 4-6 weeks for my money to be refund, then because I'll fly next week I can't wait then they've said I need to rebook and pay again, not the same price I've booked first. Then because I don't have any choice as I am going to my son wedding I've paid again and I hope I will receive the refund for my first booking back, that made me upset as the money was to spend for my son wedding and now I don't have enough money for my 25 days expenses. Also I've been asked to make a photo of my bank statement to prove the payment went through and also I am worried as I need to photograph my passport, driving licence and also sign a declaration and make a photo of my credit card, both sides. I don't know if the tickets they sent to me are e-tickets or just the itinerary. Very poor customer service, hard to understand. Booking reference NWJUHB

Best Prices

Very quick , reliable and trust worthy. I recommend to book your flights from them!! Cheap prices no additional fees nothing sketchy everything is straight forward and very easy to use

Trip Completed Yes

Such a prompt reply!!

I forgot to send passport information. I realised the night before the departure and call at 8pm. The staff answered the phone and sent me the e-ticket right away. Thank you for your prompt reply!!

Easy as!

Very simple booking process. Competitive pricing when i looked at other price comparison sites. Definitely intend to use the service again for my next international booking. Great travel insurance and baggage protection add ons

Great and good service

Just one problem name spelt wrong but had it fixed. Flight to Singapore. Had a great time flight on time seats great Wonderful clean city and beautiful weather.will use this service again. Cheap fares.

Trip Completed Yes

Gods and fast services

I bought 3 tickets with direct flight for travelling to Europe. Their final price was same as what they advertised. Fast and reliable. The only part that I wasn’t happy about was that they asked the credit card statement and ID for finalise the tickets.

Thank you for your review.

Simple and easy to book. Trustworthy. Received e-ticket within few minutes of booking. Big Cheers

Booking experience was great. No extra fee was charged. It was simple to book and i received the ticket within minutes. Overall the experience was great and I would recommend it to other people.

Thank you for your review.

Hassle free and immediate communication

Used them online for first time. Booking simple and received eticket within a few minutes. Very efficient even too frequent flyer details.was also offered the opportunity to accept travel insurance

Great Service

Prices as advertised/ expected. Great service and very fast turn around. Searched initially through skyscanner and got exactly what I was looking for. Couldn't recommend them more for best prices!

Thank you for your review.

This is a perfect service. No hidden costs and quick to book the best flight. Very easy and quick

Booked Sydney to Colombo airfare. Got the same price as stated in the guide. Very happy with the service. Professionals in the way it was handled. There were no additional fees

Thank you for your review.

This is the service I would expect from a professional.

Very informative Customer service personal on the chat line and helped me finalize my ity.
Even after I had confirmed my booking and called the help line about payment they were very helpful.

Booking Type Cruise, Flights and Tour

So far so good!

Have recently booked flights through Direct Flights. The flight I wanted disappeared from the Qantas page and thought I had better get into action. Did a search with Skyscanner and these guys had the same flight at about $600 cheaper than Qantas had it listed. Logged into my frequent flyers and the trip is confirmed with Qantas. Couldn't be happier so far.

Seamless

Easy to use great experience,
Got e-mail confirmation in 5 minutes confirmed details travel plans, saved time and money. Will use this every time.
Looking forward to my trip in a few months time