Discount Car Hire

Discount Car Hire

1.4

Awful company

taken $30 for a toll charge from my credit card 5 months after the offence and after i had already paid the toll. Refusing to give back, dodgy company never again.

Seniors

SeniorsAustralia

Excellent Customer Service: Fast, Efficient And Friendly!

Loz

Loz

If there was a no star option I'd pick it

Dodgy dodgy dodgy! Do NOT go here! On arrival to the office they tell me my gold visa credit/debit card isn't a real credit card so they smacked on an extra $16 a day! The car is a joke! Rattles, brakes barely work etc etc. Never ever use the company! Buy a push bike if u have to!

Find out how Discount Car Hire compares to other Car Rental Services

Don't even consider this company! I have warned you!

We booked a car online and called up to check on the finer details. We flew in from Brisbane on a Saturday night and found out what was confirmed on the phone wasn't right. We were left stranded.We are seasoned travellers so this was totally a shock to us. Don't deal with [name removed], supposedly he is the manager. We videoed the episode and have taken the matter to NSW Fair Trading Dept.

Ann93

Ann93AU

Overcharged me.

This company thinks it's okay to keep taking money out of your account. Took 2 extra weeks rental out of my account. Tried to get my money back but they claimed I'd rented it for an extra 2 weeks. Not happy Jann! It would have been cheaper for me to have taken cabs all week.
    cars were clean

TY

TYsydney

Never again

Had the worst car hire experience in Discount car hire Parramatta. Had arranged a Tarago and confirmed with a guy over the phone, but got a Kia Carnival instead. The service guy there made up story about not receiving any call from me, refuse to refund booking fee. The condition of the car is filthy to say the least, , full of cigarette smell, cigarette butts all over the car, chewing gum on the car seat.

Avoid this place at all cost !!!

Dishonest, dirty, worst place to hire a car

Feeling Misled

When i was retuning the car easter monday they told me that they will not be open and just leave the car infront of their office. They have just taken out money from my bank saying that they cannot find the gps which I have left in the car. This is their trick they get you to return it when they are not in then they will charged you for something and they know that this will take ages to get resolved.

Horrible experience!

The Terms & Conditions on the web site are completely different to those on the paperwork you sign when collecting the vehicle. I purchased full insurance and then after having a collision involving a minor scratch, they said the insurance was void because I had not informed Police of the collision!! and demanded me to pay $1200. The customer service is a joke, I called and called so many times for this problem, they either hang up on you, or promise they will call you back in a minute and never do, they never answer your emails. Paying extra for their insurance covers you for nothing. Avoid it!

Any minor damage they will ask big bucks. paying extra for insurance still doesn't cover you!

Do not ever rent with this company

Returned the van today with no damage, fuel topped up but they refuse to refund the 550 deposit saying there is a mark on the door. The mark was tiny & pre existing I'm sure. Should've gone with a more reputable company.
    Cheaper but not in the long run
    They don't return your deposits

Don't hire from them

Avoid At All Costs

My experience with this company was very very bad. The T's & C's on the web site are completely different to the T's & C's to the paperwork you sign when collecting the vehicle. Their vehicles are of very poor quality, we hired a truck, the cabin was filthy and the gear box was faulty. The service from the staff is nothing short of appalling and plain rude. Paying extra for their insurance covers you for nothing.

Poor vehicles, contradictory T's & C's, rude aggressive staff

Sara19

Sara19South East Queensland, QLD

Horrible don't go with this company!

On the website quoted me $260 rang up told the lady she gave me a confirmation number but no email then i rang up n asked wheres the email with my quote total of $260 the guy said you have been quoted the incorrect amount had a huge arguement with the stupid guy went with a different company never again

Kabir Hussain

Kabir HussainSydney, NSW

Very Good

I rented a car last week, i had booked for a hatch, but i had alot of luggage seeing this the staff gave me a free upgrade to a sedan. It was good reliable and an economical car, no complaints. The Staff was very helpful as i forgot my GPS but the staff there printed out the map with the directions for me and also gave me a street directory.
    Inexpensive, reliable and very helpful staff

Fraudulent Billings

Rented a vehicle for a5 days and was given an option for an automatic payment of tolls electronically which I accepted. They never activated my enrollment during the rental period so I face tools plus administration costs from the toll operatores. Now they say I never enrolled with them and additionally deducted $30 per toll event from my cedit card which I am disputing. Run from this company is my suggestion. I have been dealt with a fraudulent manner and it is not worth the risk for their low rates.

Additionally my tires were bald and the headlights so out of adjustment that night driving was prohibitted.
    The engine started when I turned on the ignition.
    Billing, condition of car, paperwork, business contact

Aurora

AuroraAU

Terrible

This is not the place to go to at all. It would have been cheaper for us to hire a limo in the end!
    Close to city and public transport when collecting or dropping off.
    Avoid at all costs. We hired a car for 3 days and in the end they charged us another week, claiming we'd phoned to ask to rehire the car! Despite returning the car on time, they claim we had it for an extended period. The money was taken from our account without permission ..... TWICE!! When trying to deal with this we were bullied and belittled. In the end we lost more than $700 to the Broadway company.

Terrible

Look elsewhere for a A grade company like Avis or Budget they have better cars and won't hide little fees that will stop you repeating your business with them.
    Cheap and nasty
    You get what you pay for they will charge you a $ 30 admin fee each time your Etag doesn't work.