Dodo Power & Gas

Dodo Power & Gas Questions & Answers

Verifieddodo.com
Vicfish
Vicfish

I have been using Dodo electricity for the past 10 years. However, I recently discovered that their current supply rate is only $0.98, while I have been charged $1.65 for the last 18 months. This feels like they are cheating their customers. I am extremely disappointed with their business practices. Other providers are offering rates ranging from $0.80 to $1 only.

Dodo   DM

Hey Vicfish, we'd like to ensure you're getting the best rates possible with your Power & Gas plan. Please send us a message on Live Chat > external link  so we can look into this for you further. - Gwen

Shirley H.
Shirley H.

Can I rely on Dodo to be a strong and reliable energy provider? I have discovered that I would save money by switching from my current provider.

Dodo   DM

Giving you great service and value is always our priority, Shirley. If we have a better offer for you, or if you’re on the best offer available, we’ll let you know. We’ll do this for every electricity bill and at least every second gas bill. We'd love to get you on board, so please sing out if you have any questions! - Gwen

Sadie
Sadie

Have been following with DODO to cancel the Gas service and transfer to AGL which is never happening .
I have been calling for the last 2 months . Each time I get a different answer and a mail stating Gas Connection will get disconnected . Very poor customer service where the customer is in limbo.

Dodo   DM

Hi Sadie, that's frustrating and while it's a shame to see you leave, we want to get this resolved for you. We've sent you a PM asking for more info. - Gwen

Sneaky D.
Sneaky D.

I set up a payment plan for my final elec bill after the first 2 agreed payments Dodo recalculated an extra 4 days usage and added $13. They then decided to ignore my payment plan and withdrew $372 which was not our agreement. I called last week to inform them that they have over charged me $120, I have 2 screenshots of my bank account to show they took out the money. I was told I would be refunded in 5 business days and receive a confirmation email. None of this happened, chasing them on the phone, raising 2 support requests and sending a complaint has yielded no result. I requested a payment plan due to hardship and in the end Dodo decides to not honour this while taking $120!!! I will now go to the Ombudsman and file a report. Terrible treatment after being a loyal customer for 2 years

Hi Sneaky, we've sent you a PM asking for more info. - Gwen

Roy Fillery
Roy Fillery

origin quoted me 72.56 a day and 22.50 per kw/hr
How does this compare with your latest plan at present it is much lower than my charges of 99.61 and 34.31 .Please do some thing I have been with you a very long time.
Yours
Roland

siri
siri

I am looking for your prices on LPG gas supply (13.5Kg bottle) to home, I am currently dodo NBN and mobile customer. I am in Brisbane.

RockManDo K.

Could you explain how your company is not an offshore based front company extorting Australian customers?
Do you have onshore management in Australia.?
Do you have Australian staff that are not credit management?
Do you provide an onshore based complaint resolution team that is not third party?
As an offshore based company what are our security garentees regarding privacy, complaints and resolution services.

Chris Sloper
Chris Sloper

It has its head office in Melbourne so I have guess its austalian

Ravi K.
Ravi K.

Hi, everyone. Please don't choose dodo gas service.
They are cheating in meter reading.
My current reading is 1569.
They charged as estimate bill to 4094 for August, that means may to july my bill is $2500.
My previous bills says my average daily usage $4.5.
They estimated my average daily usage as $52.82, they have taken all money from my credit card thro direct debit.

Sent many mails, each mail asks photo of meter and special meter reading fee.

Fighting from july, haven't solved.

kit

I had same problem!!! Exactly same with my electrical use!!! Take it to the ombudsman and there was nothing changed after months of back and forth. Dodo are dodgy!

RockManDo K.

Ombudsman in NSW is based in premiers office.... Lol I had money taken until I canceled my card because the payments were not reflected on my final account and I now battle Dunn and Bradstreet latest encarnation of illegal harrasment. Dodo suck alright full offshore front company for crooks ID say openly.

RockManDo K.

Oh ombudscorpcrook office will offer you 50 dollar voucher from government.... Lol. So they extort you steal from you then liberals give them vouchers to reward thier thievery.... NSW gone full corptocrasy. Don't pay is my advise as lenders ar generally ignoring frivolous credit reporting by offshore companies anyway.

Brenda Martin

How to cancel direct debit from my bank to dodo

kit

Ring bank and directly tell them to cease the direct debit.

RockManDo K.

I had too to. 3 months they continued to take money after final account. Thieves.

Brenda Martin

How to cancel direct debit for electricity from dodo moved

Tim Hickey
Tim Hickey

Contact your financial institution 1st then Dodo

Brenda Martin

Tried tat told had to phone dodo no phones at the moment with dodo no
Provision on internet to do this particular thing

Ji G.

Dodo asked to change my electrical meter to smart meter. The reason is my meter does not Ausgrid standard. The bill price will be changed after. I call customer care for more information. A female staff repeatedly read the reason from email what I received. Sent twice email to customer care, no response. Anybody has same issue asking for changing smart meter.

Ji G.

I called dodo 3 times. The person can not give your answer. the manager isn’t on the phone. transferred me to Ausgrid. after a few selection, ask me go to fill a form request form. The cut off. Bad service+++.

Zac
Zac

They should be paying for it if they’re requesting the upgrade. Don’t let them tell you otherwise. They’ll try and make you pay for everything.

judy
judy

We recently installed 5 more solar panels and a solar power wall battery. Is it correct that between 7-11 at night that you can get 90cents a kilowatt if so we want the deal for 100 days

Stephen T.

How to get gas I've got electricity

Tell me how to get gas

Elle
Elle

Do dodo do credit checks

Noreen
Noreen

Sorry I don’t know the answer to that. Just know there billing system in very confusing.

Robert Greenhow
Robert Greenhow

Only internal credit checks.

Linda R.
Linda R.

do you have to have a good credit rating

Phil99999
Phil99999

What is the process to have a solar meter installed at my premise? I am having the panels\inverter etc installed shortly and wish to organise the metering side of things prior to the work starting. Thanks Phil

Dianne
Dianne

Would like to connect power and gas and transfer my internet please

Will B
Will B

Can I get electricity and gas with a bad credit rating ?

Lee E
Lee E

Yes mate you should be able to just try DoDo

markandjason
markandjason

Hellooo there, Im moving into a place in Cranbourne Victoria Australia, in a couple of weeks, and wanting to connect power water and gas, what are the prices am I looking at?

Kind Regards Mark

Tracey D
Tracey D

Hi, I dont have gas but pay $128 per month flat rate. Im currently in credit. Call Energy watch and they will tell you whi is the cheapest supplier in your area. Good luck with the move!

Zdihan
Zdihan

call 1300431871 and ask. From my experiences with dodo they pick up quickly. They don't do water so you will need to call south east water on 131694. Wish you all the best. PS try and get some free internet from them if you sign up with electricity and gas.

Daniel S
Daniel S

Hi mark for water you only have one choice south east water for power and gas there is a few I have been with red for two years great service and prices I just changed to dodo but thinking changing back all ready Doing my head in six months for my first bill apprentiky

meshack
meshack

what is the peak rate?

Tina
Tina

Hi meshack - don't know, but I am charged at the "first price step" of $0.2425 for all of my usage. I have honestly got to change retailers. There has been a problem with every bill I have received from Dodo this year!

andre.dimitrakakis
andre.dimitrakakis

Hi there:

I want to know the price per kw for electricity and price per MJ for gas?

Dodo   DM

Hi Andre, Thank you for your query.

The price per kwh for electricity and mj for gas is dependent on the type of electricity meter you have and your post code. If you visit external link  you will be able to view our current price sheets for both gas and electricity in your area by putting in your postcode.

Alternatively if you would like to email your contact details to customercare@dodo.com.au we can arrange for a representative to contact you regarding pricing for your area.

We hope to speak to you soon.

Regards,
Dodo Services

matt taylor
matt taylor

don't do it man they will rip you off and stuff you around

Brodie
Brodie

I agree.... don't do it! Plenty of reputable providers, DODO is not one of them!

CJS
CJS

I agree. Had my account changed to Dodo in November of last year. They actually didn't take it on until March this year.
Just had Solar panels installed a month ago and still waiting for meter exchange and connection to the grid... Makes my blood boil that they get away with this garbage.

Get an answer from our members and Dodo representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now