Dodo
1.5 from 2,841 reviews

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fine until a fault emerges - then dismal

I have been with Dodo for years. Despite a propensity to upsell you stuff I thought they were OK.
Then my ADSL developed a fault - it stops working when it rains.
Dodo have been useless in dealing with the issue. They can't do anything as they are reliant on Telstra engineers - you can't actually deal with anyone with any technical knowledge or influence. They have also promised discounts on my bill for times when there is an outage - but have never delivered.
Their only solution is to keep telling me to go on to the NBN - but also cannot tell me if this will actually solve the problems as they don't know what it is.
Lastly, and best - they refuse to send out an engineer when its wet - ie when the problem is actually occurring. Whenever its dry and the internet is working they will send an engineer - but they won't ever find anything.
Dodo in short have been hopeless, and not very friendly about it either. Avoid them.

Start DateJune 2013
Adequate Speeds Yes

Dodo is to be avoided. Do NOT go with Dodo

In 12 months the Dodo Internet has completely failed 4 times. When it is working it is maximum 2mbps. To be clear, I live 1.5km from Brisbane CBD. As for Dodo customer service....they are rude, wait times for technical help is average 1 hour every time and they are extremely difficult to understand. I have had nothing but problems with Dodd since day one. Cannot wait to get out of the contract, a contract I didn’t know existed (was told at sign-up that I could leave at anytime, yet just found out from Dod that it is in fact a contract). Their relationship with Telstra and their poor modem quality appear to be major issues as well. All in all it is incredible that ACCC allow companies like this to exploit so many Australians. AVOID DODO, AT ALL COSTS AVOID DODO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start DateSeptember 2018

Fraud

So I was with this Dodo for a year struggling a lot with the internet connection but because it was under somebody else’s name I couldn’t say anything and had to wait the contract to be over. I was happy with power and gas though and thought of renewing it when my previous contract came to an end. I had no gas and electricity for a day and I was panicking and the customer agent told me they would do it by the end of the day and charged me $332.40 for installation charge and all. Mind you the charges didn’t include any advance payments which was initially it was $474. And I called second time to know the time frame if not exact the meter reading people to be at my house and the second operator told me the request has been sent for the day and they will be there. And thankfully I called 3rd time to ask sth and this operator now tells me they sent the request but no one received it and the best possible is after three days for the service to be connected when I had especially mentioned it being an emergency and I will only join if they can provide me service today. I asked for a refund. Joined another provider for no installation charge ,no hidden charges and the service is provided the next day .

Start DateJanuary 2018

The worse customer service

I can't get my old number back because of the dodo staff didn't read the notes that i requested for the updates
I need my number back but How?
Its your mistake.

Start DateFebruary 2018

Feeling rip off

After paying $70 a month for the last 24 months plus and now I find the speed at 3Mbps and this is checked over four nights. Its even hard to send emails or see streaming items. When it was first installed DODO it was good but now shocking. Unlimited download and the speed just gets to 6Mbps in the morning. I live in an area where there is very little users. I only use a laptop and some times an ipad. I registered for a live chat and it said 70 MINUTE WAIT Really just not good. Changing SP now. UPDATE 9 Sept - Changed to TPG today now my speed is 47 + Mbps WTH Dodo now said I should have contacted them if my speed was low. Come on DODO I shouldn't need to tell you, you've got maintenance issues with supply. BTW NOTHING change with my equipment, same Laptop, same line in, etc the only thing that change was the Modem (TPG's) and the TPG as a supplier. So why was I paying $70 a month? I believe DODO should be providing a refund for the last two months.

Start DateAugust 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

worst service

NBN is ready 2 months ago. Until today I got a call from dodo. That guy had bad attitude, hang up on me. My service is not down until now.

Start DateNovember 2015
Connection TypeI don't know

One of the worse customer service ever seen before.

In our mobile plan I was overcharged and when I did enquire for the reason of over charged then one of the staff member explain I exceed my usage but when I checked my account summary I found out that I haven’t exceeded any usage. Best way to rip off customers.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeCapped Data

Pathetic, Pathetic, Pathetic. Outages And Slow Service Are The Norm... Disgusting!!!!!!

No matter how much you complain and spend time going thru tech support, customer support, the service and quality is still and has always been crap. What a waste of time that is. Given the crappy service, they will not allow you to end the contract. What an idiot I have been to have been with dodo for 11 years now. I think I am the dodo!!!!!

Start DateJanuary 1999
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

keep dropping out and slow service, never choose dodo

Ping shots up to 3000ms when gaming. over 20 times drop out in one day. When requesting cancel service, dodo need extra days to complete it. Worst service ever seen.

Start DateAugust 2019

Don’t do it to yourself

Don’t do it to yourself. I’ve been with dodo for 10 months and everything was going ok and then my data stopped working on my phone, I’ve been going 8 days without it and I’ve been ringing them looking for a date or a reason why and they just keep asking me to turn it off and on, they say they’ll ring me back and they never do, when I asked for a manger on day 7 they told me she’s in a meeting which may take ALL DAY, I rang at 10.30am. I read the the reviews before I changed to them and I

Start DateJanuary 2019

VERY DODGY DODO...

i'm currently looking after my sisters place for the last 16 months, and the internet has been fine around 200-300 kb/s which for ADSL is alright, not flash.. but the issue began when the NBN finally became available in our suburb, they started to call to get us to change over, i wanted to review other ISP's and since the calls they've been actively slowing down the internet, right now its fluctuating between 30-40 kb/s slower then DIAL UP !! i have called them to get the issue resolved and they've shown no interest.. if Dodo keeps this up they'll join the other Dodo's ... i will be changing our plan to Mate communicate soon as they've been a far far superior ISP in the past, with customer service that actually care, and not some Indian call center....

Start DateJuly 2018

money greedy useless service

Kept getting $64/month on ADSL when I looked at the site now only charges $30/month and saying automatically connect to NBN, but it's been a while since my place was NBN ready and nothing was done. better stay away this provider. never had stable connections anyway

Start DateSeptember 2016

worry about the company

I have been using dod ADSL unlimited service for a month. at first the speed is okay, but after 1 week or so, the speed slowed down drastically. I have to wait for buffering for multiple times when watching 360p youtube video.
another bigger concern is that the internet service provider is HUAWEI, which has been banned by many countries already including UK as there is a fear of stealing information from that company.

Start DateAugust 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data

If you want more family time, go with DODO..

Recently got NBN connection in DODO. After that no there is no net connection on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Call them couple of time and they recommend to find some other better internet providers. So if you want a relaxed weekend without internet go with Dodo or you want to watch something don’t use Dodo. Not recommended at all..

Again if you want more family time, go with DODO because internet will not work afterwards..

Start DateJuly 2019

Very Bad

The internet is bad and does not support our family, our plan is over priced at 70$ to get less than 1 megabyte per second. Been a loyal customer and no improvements to this bad site, so overall I don’t recommend this trash service provider

Start DateJanuary 2012
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Do not use Dodo as your internet provider.

Dodo offered to switch us from ADSL 2 to NBN for no extra charge. Naturally we thought nbn would be better even faster, so we agreed. What dodo didn’t tell us is that their intentions was to govern our internet speed to less than half of what we were already getting from them on adsl 2. This I believe was a very dishonest and deliberate sales tactic from dodo. To make matters worse the connection was terrible constantly dropping out or dropping to speeds so slow we had to switch to our mobile data to get anything done. We have since switched to TPG and our speeds are 4 x faster. In the photo all speeds are Dodos except the top one which is TPG after we made the switch.

Start DateJanuary 2016
Contract Type18-month contract

The worst!!

Ive had a modem for 2 months with no connection. customer care couldnt tell me why im not connected. nobody know anything but keep repeating what Im saying back to me. technians been at my place 3 times STILL nothing!!!. i get a txt to that dodo been trying to contact me and give a call back to discuss, when i do call back nobody knows why. ive sign for a 1yr contract but Ive had no internet for 3months!! what the hell!! getting frustrated it just ruins my whole day when think dodo. STAY AWAY!!! Can someone just shut this company down

Start DateJune 2019

Rubbish broadband

Nothing but problems with Dodo Stayed with them I don't know why for six years Always double bill us for a month at the old rate plus one at new with any changes. Fed up of watching the little circle going around and around and nothing else. Speed 50. ????? Don't waste your money on Dodo and def do not go into contract with them When they say you get a free modem not so you have to send it back plus everything that came with it including the original box. Not many would keep box for years. So glad that we are free of Dodo Now we have great speed and can always access what I want and when with TPG. My advise stay clear of Dodo at all costs

Start DateAugust 2013

The worst provider ever

Do not get them, they have the worst connection ever and the worst customer service
They blocked me on facebook because I gave them a negative review
Save yourself sometime
Dont use them

Start DateSeptember 2016

stay away ripening people

when i was in melbourne my gf applied connections they ll push to come 12 month contract nd then when we move she find they cancel her contract nd no reasonable answer gave nd then i applied with them nd they again force me to come contract you installation gona be n week nd then they tell me 4 days then i recive one text massage technicion is 5/8/2019
they give me time frame 8 am to 12:00 pm
nd u can se i put the review nd check the time i got tgat massage you appointment change 12/8/2019 nd when i call no reason to say nd cancel the my account nd i waste hole day i take a day off today nd been suffer since july so plz stay away i had a bad experience nd i dont prefer the way they charge money then ripped custumer waste time

Start DateJuly 2019