Dodo Internet
1.7 from 3,318 reviews

1.7

3,318 reviews
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (15%) · No (85%)

Sheela

SheelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sick n tired

Already paid for internet and received a message saying that it’s activated... which is not...
Very unprofessional customer service...Received the modem, but the company has taken several days to set up my NBN, and it still hasn’t happen. Additionally, while I was waiting to hear back about my NBN, customer service representatives constantly ask me if I want to bundle my phone , gas or electricity....... they are ignoring my problems....

Dave

DaveGoulburn Valley, VIC

Avoid Dodo. Modem is junk

We joined Dodo from Telstra 01/09/2020 and our internet has been dropping out numerous times per day. We have had a local computer "network engineer" come out at our expense and he has confirmed it's their modem, nothing wrong with NBN, just their junk modem. They sent a replacement modem, but just re-connecting all devices to it will take me hours. And the computer person we got said not to bother, Dodo modems are junk. Save yourself the bother, do not choose Dodo just to save $10 a month, not worth the effort.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Amber

AmberMid North Coast, NSW

Worst company AVOID THEM

We joined dodo last month and from the beginning up until now we have had no internet so we are paying for internet we haven't even used. They told us it's the modem and that it was broken after having technicians out to check the house and the lines in town and then had our modem replaced. This one is also broken. We will not be getting another potentially broken modem and now will have to find a new internet provider since this one has been nothing but a hassle from the beginning. Avoid them and go with someone more reliable that has modems that aren't busted

Start DateAugust 2020

Data TypeCapped Data
Ashlee

AshleeSouthwest, VIC

Terrible, terrible, terrible

We were with Dodo for quite a number of years. And constantly had issues with our connection. Calling throughout the year numerous times and never getting a resolution, still poor connection 24/7. It was frustrating waiting on hold all those times gettinf no where. When using YouTube through the fetch it would just cut out and restart the whole box over and over so not worth using. We were not able to watch the Fetch channels as they would just freeze constantly. I would not recommend Dodo to anyone!! Such a terrible experience and service.

Start DateOctober 2013

Connection TypeWireless
Lachlan

LachlanSydney, NSW

Incompetent service provider

Nothing but relentless issues with this provider. First issue was the modem never came and could not be accounted for. Ended up buying one second hand. Line drops out on a weekly basis and end up getting bounced around to 5 different people every time I call with no resolution. Recently called as I was moving houses and explained specific dates for when our internet should be disconnected. Ten minutes later the nbn is cut off. Call up customer service and get bounced around 5 times for over an hour to find out the representative had accidentally cut our nbn already. No biggie they say as they can reconnect us in 5 business days and will not bill is for the 5 days!.. Do yourself a favour and take your time and money elsewhere

Start DateApril 2020
Dravid

DravidSyd

Poor Internet

Apologies for the " delay " in writing this review. Our Nbn Dodo Internet Is so slow ....dial up would be quicker... Poor....unreliable. Freezing while streaming is a norm. Extremely disappointing when one is paying for a service!

Amila D.

Amila D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

its a crap

the most crap service i have ever used, i was customer last two years. Technicians are foolish.i have 220k flowers facebook and instagram, ill let them know about this crap.

Start DateJuly 2017

Sadie Dowler

Sadie DowlerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Customer Service and Experience

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Start DateJuly 2017
dez

dezGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not choose Dodo. It will be your greatest mistake!

Start DateMay 2010
Andrew S.

Andrew S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

worst company

worst company to deal with..... never dealt with a company so bad..... i would not reccommed this service to anyone... there blocking my new provider from connecting by not cancelling my account as yet

Start DateMarch 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
DISAPPOINTEDASWELL

DISAPPOINTEDASWELLAU

DODO The NBN we had to have.

Deepak S.

Deepak S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible attitude towards someone signing up

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Ads

Ads

The Worst

The worst customer service - cancelled and connected with much faster provider for lower cost! Long wait and really pushy sales team - definitely would not recommend to anyone looking for internet

Terrible Customer Service

Internet connection is not bad but the customer service is terrible. When you call for any kind of technical support, be willing to be on a waiting cal for at least 30 minutes.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Keisha D.

Keisha D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst internet ever. I can never get a 100% connection.

I cant even connect my playstation 4 at times and at times my mobile device is below a 50% connection.
To be honest I find this service to be an absolute waste of time and money.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateSeptember 2018
Standalone or BundledBundled

Bad service!

When they want to come for fix NBN. They dont come, they said someone cancel. Always give a reason to keep reschedule it. Been waiting for long time. Bad service!

Putrid

Service barely worked through 12 month period and completely stopped working 7 months in. Had some generic unhelpful bot emails from them Unable to cancel service unless you are able to call them in business hours, then they cancel service no questions asked and don't try to offer any help or incentive to stay. Appears the employees are much aware of how bad they are. The Huawei modems wifi only worked on Apple products (when it actually worked) wouldnt work on anything else at all. And after all that they have the guts to ask for their stanky modem back so they can re use it or you will be fined. Don't do it.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
JOC

JOCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutley terrible service!!!! Stay clear!!!

I live in Brisbane, where internet speeds are strong and I am getting upload and download speeds of less than 1
Nothing but incompitant idiots that dont care on their customer support

Jon S

Jon Sasked

NBN 50 (Supercharged)

Do you often lie to customers?

For a yr we have had half the speed at 21mbps that we should have 40mbps. We have called and called time after time to ask that you fix the problem or send a technician out.

Your solution of running a speed test every time and telling me that there's no issues on your side and washing your hands of it.

Finally dodo sends a technician out after I escalate it and it wasn't the first time it was escalated... and long behold.. there's an issue with the connection. The technician fixes the problem and ran a speed test and now after a year I get the speed I am paying for.

I spoke to the manager who agreed to pay 6months compensation for this which is what I proposed which I think is fair seeing as I was only getting half the speed right..

I get phone call today with an offer of $70.00!! What an insult.

They are now basing that on usage per month. Lol come on mate, your speed is so slow that we leave things to download overnight .. my plan is unlimited.

I will be escalating this and contacting the ACCC and the ombudsman. If you pay for a service, you expect to get it.
Simple as that.

Harry
Harry

I thought that they would have looked at the problem sooner. I have had a few issues at the very start but only took a week for the problems to be sorted. I will stick with them as they worked pretty quickly to fix the issues.

Bluebrickcinema

Bluebrickcinemaasked

Internet

Hi DODO, do dodo unlimited data run out from just uploading videos on YouTube?

Kara-Mia
Kara-Mia

I haven't experienced this but only connected less than a month ago.

Normcameron

Normcameronasked

NBN 50 (Supercharged)

Why does my NBN drop out for 5 minutes at the same time every day?

Ankur
Ankur

Lucky that it drops out only once for you. Mine drops every 5 minutes.

Get an answer from our members and Dodo representatives

Other Internet Service Providers