Dogtainers Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

Cheree G.

Cheree G.asked

Hi, i was just wondering how much it would cost to get a Rotweiler puppy sent over from New Orleans L.A to Adelaide South Australia.
Thanks :)

Hi, to be honest I don’t know, there is a lot involved. I am sure Dogtainers could give you a quote.

Mick T.Dogtainers

Hi Cheree. We would love to help you and can give you a quote - if you go to dogtainers.com.au and fill out a quote request (we need to have a few more bits of information from you) then we can provide you a quote and more information. Thanks!

Michael A.

Michael A.asked

Hi, How much to transport a Border Collie from Wyong to Bondi?...

Mick
Mick

Hi Michael, Sorry we only provide quotes via our website or call center, please call 1300 13 52 52, many thanks.

Michael A.

Michael A.asked

How much to transport my Border Collie from Wyong to Bondi?...

Karen

Karenasked

Hello,
I've just bought a Labrador puppy, which will be available in 8 weeks. It's coming down from Bunbury WA and flying across to Adelaide on the 13th March...would you be able to provide a container and if so what would the cost be?

Karen

Mick T.Dogtainers

Hi Karen. If you would like to provide a bit more information on our website form at www.dogtainers.com.au we would love to provide you with a quote to get your beautiful puppy to you!

Rosa

Rosaasked

Hi, I would receive suggestions about flying my French Bulldog from Australia to Italy. I really don’t feel to leave my baby to a new home in Australia , either I don’t want him having breathing issues during the flight.
Willing to choose Dogtainers to move him, does anyone experienced something like that? Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

Emma Mar
Emma Mar

Hi Rosa, I have a cavalier King Charles/poodle (cavoodle) he is a very sensitive little dog and I found Dogtainers to be the best. He is just out of quarantine and he is happy and healthy. He flew from Dublin, Ireland to Melbourne stayed in quarantine for 10 days and then flew from Melbourne to Sydney. They really looked after him and they will answer as many questions as possible :-) Hope this helps!

Mick T.Dogtainers

Hi Rosa, thank you for your question, it is certainly more challenging flying brachycephalic breeds around the world due to breathing issues with these breeds. Here at Dogtainers we use a larger size crate for these breeds so as to allow greater airflow around the pets and therefore assist with breathing. We select the shortest routes on the airlines that have the shortest stop overs or interconnecting flights. We only use the airlines who are fully capable of carrying brachycephalic pets. In addition to this we use an Adaptil collar to assist with keeping the pet’s calm while in transit. I hope this helps you to feel more comfortable flying your fur babies to Italy. All the best with your move and if you decide to use Dogtainers please don’t hesitate in contacting us on 1300 13 52 52.

Hi Rosa, I know that if you communicate all your concerns to Dogtainers they will be able to help allay your concerns & explain each part of the journey for you. I found them most helpful and am glad that I used them in transporting our very much loved moggie.

Bianca

Biancaasked

Hi we are looking into buying a Birman cat in Canberra and exporting to HK. We need transportation plus all shots and paper work done in Australiafor us.
Do you have a service quote and what documents we need to provide to you? Also do you have a counter party in HK that we can hire? We got your name with Derina our cat breeder. Hope you can help us. Beat a Regards, Bianca

Hi Bianca,
Yes we can help no problem at all, please email vippets@dogtainers.com.au as they will need a little more information from you. We regards to the HK side we only use the best Animal import companies and have a gold rated partner based in HK who we work with all the time. They will do everything HK end and even deliver to your door should you need it.

chrissi

chrissiasked

Hello, I would really like to know if your staff stay with our animals until they are loaded onto the plane, and if we are given confirmation when our animals are placed on board. Also are there any measures taken to inform the pilot/airline staff that there are animals riding in the cargo hold? Thank you.

Mick T.Dogtainers

Hi Chrissi, thanks for your questions, we leave dropping the pets off at the airport to the last minute as the airlines do not allow any pet shippers to stay with the pets once handed over for loading onto the aircraft. There are strict rules now about moving from landside to airside environment's. The captain is notified that Pets are in the loading compartments and heating and cabin air recirculates for the duration of the flight. If the pets for some reason fail to travel on the aircraft then as soon as the airline informs us we then notify you. I hope this answers your questions.

brenda

brendaasked

I would like to know whether your staff stay with the animal until it is boarded/loaded or if they just drop it off in the freight part of the airport. Also what happens at arrivals in the usa does someone meet and walk and water them and then stay until they are collected or do they get treated like freight?

Mick T.Dogtainers

Hi Brenda, We have emailed you all the information direct. Many thanks for the question.

Get an answer from our members and Dogtainers representatives