Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M500

Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M500 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

52 questions from our users

Dirtypool77

Dirtypool77asked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hi, my supreme M5 wonder brushes, have disintegrated, googled maytronics they are 20 minutes from my house, but was told I can’t by direct from them, so called the pool shop who are 10 minutes from my house. They said it would take at least a week. To get them in stock. Which I thought was poor customer service. So I put the brush wheels back on. And my dolphin won’t work. There is power to the unit which lights up blue and u can select the 1,2 or 3hr clean option which light up blue. But the dolphin won’t move?
I’m hesitant to take my dolphin in, as I fear it may take a month to get it back if the wonder brushes take a week to get delivered from 20 minutes away, any idea what’s causing the dolphin not to run?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, the issues with the rollers sounds like you spoke with is a non-Maytronics dealer, this would be why the parts take so long to get into stock. We'd like to connect you to a service specialist who provides in-home servicing so you can be back up and running in no time. Please call us on 1300 693 657 so we can connect you, we have explained to our customer service operator your case so they can handle it efficiently when you call.

Malcolm W

Malcolm Wasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

We have had our dolphin for two and a half years and it's been great but just the other week we noticed it hasn't been working properly. Only one side of the rollers are moving causing it to go around in circles. Any idea what could be causing this? (We have taken the side panel off and there are no obstructions)

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Malcolm, if your cleaner is only 2.5 years old, please call Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we can arrange to you have it looked at and fixed under warranty with no charge to you.

Chris H

Chris Hasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Ive been trying to get replacement filter cartridge for my dolphin m5 but cant seem to find any?? went to maytronics website and search for the part number; 9991433-R4 for the filter with the fine mesh that picks up larger leaves, comes up no search results found. Seen it on amazon but they don't deliver to Oz. Does anyone know where I can buy filters from online?
MY unit doesn't seem to work properly with the other filters that are for fine debri, it seems to spin and turn a lot and goes in diagonal directions and only runs for approx. 15mins and then stops but power supply still has 4 blue led lights around the power button and no other led indicators are displayed but unit is 'dead in the water'. When I have the other filter cartridge in the unit, it works perfectly. Turns on proper angles so it always meets the wall head on as opposed to sideways and runs for the full cycle. Any ideas?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi ChrisH, please call us at your earliest convenience on 1300 693 657 and we can connect you quickly to your closest dealer who can supply the part you require.

HI Chris H,
Assuming that you are based in Australia, we always recommend going back to the pool shop you bought the machine from for service or replacement parts. If you don't currently have one please call us on 1300 693 657 to locate your closest Maytronics distributor.
I believe the part you are after is 9991433-ASSY in the Australian market.
From a technical view the filters does not cause the unit "to spin and turn a lot and goes in diagonal directions and only runs for approx. 15mins and then stops"
If the filters are torn, debris will just blow back into the pool or if its clogged up, debris will not be picked up.
If it's going in circles and shuts down after 5-20mins. Its more likely debris is caught in the drive system and stopping that side from turning. If its an older machine, it might be caused by a worn out bearing. Best to get it checked out by a service center.
Hope that helps.

JohnL

JohnLasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

My M5 starts, completes its initial turns, the pump runs, then starts its normal cleaning but after a short time it stops. If I switch on the remote it will manually turn and drive forward and backward but the pump does not come on. If I press the reset and then the power button it will start up again, and move around with the pump on but then it will again stop after a short run. Every time I have seen it stop it has been at the base of a wall. One time I found it on top of a step trying to climb a wall. It the shallow water I could easily tell that the pump was not running but the tracks were still turning. After a short time trying to climb the wall without the pump running it stopped altogether.

Others have posted that repairs have run $500-$700. That is not an option for me right now and I am not sure that spending half the price of a new unit would make sense in any case. Is there a less costly option?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi JohnL, Maytronics offer the best warranty terms for robots in the industry, so if your robot is still under warranty you will not be out of pocket for any repairs required. Your first option is to drop off the robot at your place of purchase so the dealer can diagnose any problem, they will be able to provide a quote if applicable (happy for you to call us at that point should you need clarification). Unfortunately, it is impossible to diagnose this issue in this forum. If you need any support/help from Maytronics please call us on 1300 693 657 we are here to help.

Pmartin

Pmartinasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Our M5 is turning in circles. What can I do to remedy that?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, there may be some debris stuck in your machine tracks. Have you checked for this? If so, you are best to get your dealer to look at your machine (if you purchased through a pool a builder, please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can put you in touch with a dealer who can help). If there was something wrong it would shut down straight away rather than doing circles.

ron blevinsasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Does not seem to be cleaning very well. Seems to be just leaving tracks. Suggestions?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ron, we'd like to help but need some further detail. Are you able to call us on 1300 693 657? We will send you a message to connect that way also.

At a quick guess, by chance are you are using the Wonder Brushes and have recently replaced only the foam rings on each end of the brush it may cause this issue (as the brushes may be worn as well, the new foam ring standing prouder than the brushes).

It is a brand new unit.

Dancary1asked

Dolphin Supreme M500

My M5 will not stay on, blue lights come on for 1-2 seconds then go off. Any ideas?

David K
David K

Hi Dan
Ours did this for a month and then the entire unit wouldn't work. $700 to repair.

Dancary1

I hope mine isn't that bad. Spent a lot on repairs last summer.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Dan, Maytronics recommend taking your Dolphin back to the retailer you purchased from and getting them to check it on the analysing equipment. It is hard to diagnose with such little information. We can let you know your closest Dolphin dealer if required.

TCfromNC

TCfromNCasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have a Dolphin Supreme M5, i place it in the pool, it will go about 3' one way then 3' the other way, the impeller does work but then it will just stoop, the impeller will turn off then on but the Dolphin doesn't move, I have cleaned all the brushes and the impeller motor, filters are clean also, any help would be appreciated!

Maytronics A.Maytronics

The symptoms you`ve described of the impellor starting and the robot turning left then right then shutting down is the robot completing the diagnostic checks then shutting down on some sort of failure possibly in its motor unit, either return it to the dealer who supplied it so they can send it away for repair as we have diagnostic equipment we plug into your robot to upload all the data which is used to diagnose which component has failed and needs replacing.

Or drop it to your local pool shop so they can send it on to one of our repair centres. If in doubt you can call us on 1300 693 657.

Brad

Bradasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have an M5, we cleaned the two filters as per usual, and returned it to the pool. we went to turn it on, first the poser, the press the surhe protector on the the plug, then power up the control p[anel, whilet the four blue lights flash, press select for "3" to light up. NOthing happned.

I read above about pulling the unit out of the water, turning it upside down and turning on the power, nothing happned still.

Ideas?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

It is difficult to diagnose the exact problem based on the information provided. Maytronics recommend taking your Dolphin back to the retailer you purchased from and getting them to check it. We can let you know your closest Dolphin dealer if required.

Ryan Mays

Ryan Maysasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I'm interested in purchasing the M5 Supreme. How well does it clean the hard to reach corners and does it scrub as well as vacuum?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ryan, The M5 Supreme has been upgraded and is now know as the M500. It is designed to get into the corners, it will also scrub and vacuum floors, walls and waterlines for a thorough clean. Here is a link to a YouTube video that provides a good overview (you will need to copy the link and paste into your browser): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NM8Vk9do-k&list=PLMpoplyyIgHFY6PJ9QyDw3Ku2UesP7_FE&index=1

Clive B.
Clive B.

Late reply sorry, I have the M500 and it doesn't clean corners well at all. I have to manually clean some sections of my pool as the cleaner has never been able to reach these areas. Very disappointing for a $2600 cleaner

Mimiasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hi , I have an m5 and have found it less than satisfactory. It appears to stir up the dirt and put it into suspension. Almost as if the fine filter is not fine enough and although it does pick up some of the fine dirt and larger debris it just stirs up the rest. I have had the unit for a couple of years or so, have regularly cleaned it after each use and on average it may have been used twice a month. Any thought ? Thanks
Des

Hi Des,

The M-5`s fine filters are rated to around 50 microns so any exceptionally fine partials smaller than that can and may pass through the filters in particular a particle capable of sitting in suspension, for this we rely on the main filtration of your pool system which depending on the type of filter should maintain your pool somewhere between 10 & 20 microns.

If you have a particle so fine its getting through your main filter chances are the secondary filters in the M-5 won’t hold it and you will need to flock your pool then vacuum this fine material direct to waste but we recommend you discuss this with your local pool shop.

I.e. Sometimes a particle so fine acts more like a die in the water and all pool vacuum systems aren’t designed to pick this up as they more designed to remove physical debris likes leaves , sand , dirt etc.

Mimi

Hi guys. Thanks for that. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Des

Larry Frank

Larry Frankasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hi I am trying to find the replacement brushes for the m5. I found the main brush but I can't find the replacement for the center extra brush?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Larry, it sounds like you require a new Active Brush Assembly (Part No. 9995541-ASSY). We can help you connect to a dealer if required.

Glenn Ford

Glenn Fordasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

When i press the start button the 4 blue flashing lights turn on and flashes again but doesn't activate the cleaner
any suggestions?

John

When you push the start button, the four blue lights (on the start button) flash, as do the blue lights above the three numbers, 1,2 & 3. You need to select and push one of these options. (1= one clean cycle per day, 2 = one clean cycle evry 2 days, etc). Hope this helps

Maytronics A.Maytronics

The Power supply unit will run the machine one full cycle and turn off afterwards if the weekly timer 1,2,3 is not selected.
If the Select button is pressed within the first 10 seconds of turning on the power supply, the weekly time will be activated and the machine will come on at 1 day, 2 day or 3 day intervals for the week.

Feel free to send us a message should you need further local support.

Steph

Stephasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have a maytronics dolphin M500 and the filter bag light keeps flashing or staying red. I have cleaned and replaced the filter cartriges, unplugged, replugged, hit reset and the filter bag continues to turn red or flash red. I cannot locate a filter bag on this model. Any suggestions?

John

This sounds like there is a problem with the filter light. I presume the cleaner continues to vacuum the pool and keep it clean. Expect you will need to get a Maytronics technician to assist. good luck

ozi181
ozi181

Hi Steph
The only filters in this model are the cartridges either side, this was a common problem which I also had, if the machine is still working and you can see the pump functioning then its still working you will just have to check the filters and clean regular. In saying this is your Dolphin still under the 3 year warranty if so send it in as one of the control boards has failed, also note under the fairtrading act if your machine fails 3 times for the same reason you are entitled to have it replaced under the consumer act. If you do send it in for repairs take some good photo's of your Dolphin to show the condition of it. I have found this company is less than open with their customers.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Steph, at Maytronics we are happy to help you in a transparent manner through our independent dealer network. I will send you a private message direct so we can connect and help quickly resolve any issues you may have. The 'filter bag' refers to your filter cartridges. Your cleaner should continue to work to satisfaction, but we are more than happy to arrange your robot to prevent this from happening.

Steph

Stephasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

My flitter bag light keeps flashing saying a blockage? I have cleaned it, washed the bad and plastic cover but no matter what it keeps flashing. Turned off, hit tests button, multiple times. Help

Trevor B
Trevor B

Turn it on, hit RESET then turn it on again. Reset turns off the warning light and establishes a new cycle.

simpy

simpyasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have a dolphin z5 oasis. Maybe I am missing something, but the only light that shows on the power supply is the "power" button. Mine looks just like a friends and he has lights that display the time to clean and the reset button etc. there is a grey tab over that "window". I do not want to peel that because it appears it's not suppose to be peeled. What am I missing here? i should be able to see the lights on this power supply to know when to clean the filters etc?

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi Simpy, where did you purchase the machine?This is an Australian website for products sold in Australia. I believe the Z5 oasis is only available in the USA. My best suggestion is to contact the shop or person you purchased it from for further clarification.

Larry

Larryasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

The little ruberry plasticy "brushes" on my Dolphin Supreme 5 are beginning to come off. Can they be replaced or refitted? I've had the Dolphin for a couple of years and have been very happy with its performance

Hi Larry,
All parts are replaceable. please contact the shop you purchased the M5 from and they can provide you with a price.

mick f

mick fasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have a fibreglass pool and a dolphin m5 supreme. I have noticed that the pool is being scratched in the corners which part of the cleaner could be doing this. The cleaner is fitted with foam rollers. Also how often should the foam rollers be changed?

Dene
Dene

Probably the foam rollers Mick, we have top line rubber rollers and it's still useless !!

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Mick, I'm sure it is not the foam rollers are they designed not to scratch. It may be worth trying to watch the cleaner to what is causing the issue. We have a small accessory we can fit to help if you require this. In terms of life span for your foam rollers, if you look after your pool and cleaner there is no reason your rollers will not last at least a couple of years if not longer. They are bit like a car tyre. I will send you a private message to see if there is anything further we can help you with.

kris
kris

On my 2nd set of foam rollers in 18mths. Just doesn't like big curves just sits there and spins and yep like a car tyre they don't like sitting there spinning in one spot.

andrew

andrewasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Which brush is used for a fibre glass pool the pvc brush?

MinatoNamikaze
MinatoNamikaze

Wonder Brushes

Billy

Billyasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have a dolphin m5 with foam rollers. The rollers are gradually becoming covered with green coloured blotches. What is causing this and how can I get them back to white? I check the pool water regularly so it is not a ph, chlorine or alkalinity problem.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Billy, looks like your question has been answered in your review, please let me know if you require any further information.

See all Maytronics Dolphin M500 questions

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives