Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M500

Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M500 (page 2 of 2)

• Pool Size
    • Average (6)
    • Large (1)
    • Small (1)

serana.mcnicol

serana.mcnicolAU

Love our M5

We had our local pool shop out to our pool for a free demo. We were sold after the we saw how easy it is to use and the quality of the cleaner. We love our M5 but after reading other reviews it is really important to keep you pH levels in required range, chlorine on lower side and don't leave your cleaner in for long periods or it will not climb for you. Basic steps to ensure long life. Highly recommend this cleaner!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thanks for taking the time to review your Dolphin robotic pool cleaner. Great tips for all users.

Spits small debris back into your pool

I want to use a Dolphin to remove large debris like leaves from your pool the product is ok. But the problem with the Dolphin 5 (the one I have) is that it does not lock dust and small debris into its system. So basically it would suck it up but then spits it out again back into your pool as the mechanics and filters are not made to retain small debris. So after a few days your pool has this bad dusty brown residue that stays at the bottom of your pool. Worst investment I have made in a long time...considering the price.

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi Martin, there are different types of filters that can be used. We've sent you a private message so we can touch base to help you with this issue. If we can find out what type of filter you have we can work from there.

BillyMaitland

Help

The foam rollers are becoming covered in green blotches. How do I clean them. I check the water regularly. The ph, chlorine and alkalinity are good. This is the second set of rollers I have gone through. I replaced the first set because I couldn't get them clean. Also the unit won't stay in the shallow end. All it wants to do is work its way downhill to the deep end.

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi, it sounds like the algae growth is due to the lack of chlorine in the water to control the growth. The foam rollers need to be white or it will not get traction in the pool.

Billy

The pool is a magnapool so it is self chlorinating. Chlorine is never added. Every time I test the water it says chlorine ok. So how can I get the algae off the rollers?

MTAU A.Maytronics

After sales support is terrible

The cleaner works very well for the first 3 hours after you turn it on, but if there is a tree in your suburb the filter full indication will come on at the end and you will need to clean it. If you use the spring net filters it will last longer, but they deteriorate quite quickly when exposed to water.
If you try and replace the filters, good luck to you. Maytronics have no sales depeartment available to the public, so you have to go through your local pool supplies store. Unfortunately, no matter how many times you say you want the mesh net filters to your pool supplies store, they order the standard ultra fine filter that only runs for 3 hours.

Greg D
Greg D

I had no luck getting the spring filter from the local pool supplies shop however, I did manage to make contact with someone at Maytronics who could help me and the unit is back in the water and doing a great job again.

tanderson100

tanderson100Cincinnati

Worst Pool Cleaner Ever!

Our Aquabot died last year after 7 years of use. My husband went to a local pool company and bought their top of the line Dolphin Supreme M5. Of course it was the most expensive one so it must be good right? This cleaner isn't even close to being average it is that bad. Here are the reasons I hate it: 1) It does a horrible job of cleaning. I have to run it about five 3 hour cycles to even get the pool sort of clean (and yes I clean the filter thoroughly after each cycle) 2) It's slow 3) It doesn't clean the walls or stairs 4) it's heavy. I would never buy another Dolphin again. We will go back to the Aquabot, I never had any of those issues with it.

MTAU A.Maytronics

Sorry to hear about this experience. If you need some help with our M5, please let us know and I can arrange a service technician to help.

DFMSouth East Queensland, QLD

New pool 15/7/13 - 8 repairs in 2.5 years

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi DFM, we now have a very good authorised Dolphin Service Agent on the Sunshine Coast. Would happily put you in touch if you need.

See all Maytronics Dolphin M500 reviews

Skip

Skipasked

Hi, have completed a. quick test and one side does not run one direction but runs for the 10 secs the other way, the other side all good. Does this mean that the circuit board may have a fault? The reason I ask is when the unit is in the pool after a period of time the unit just turns in one direction in circles as the crawler on the faulty side is not turning. the unit is a Supreme M5 4 years old.
Thanks Steve

Snifer
Snifer

Reason for this is with time the holders of the underneath white brush getting worn off. Easy Test is try rotating the brushes by hand manually and they should rotate. If they are not rotating freely you got a problem them. Call the help line and they will help you. When this happened to mine I called them and they sent the replacement parts which I replaced myself as it was easy. Best of luck......

Hi Steve,

Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com so that we can gather further information and understand more in depth what you are experiencing. We will then do our best to assist you.

Thank you.

JCB

JCBasked

My nearly three year old M500 has suddenly stopped working. Connector module ("reset" and "test" buttons) could be the culprit as "Test" button is now jammed. Is this likely to be the cause or is there another potential problem? How much is a replacement connector?
JC-Bellbowrie

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi JCB, if it is just under 3 years old, you will be cover by warranty for a replacement part. Please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will help you out. If you can please also get your serial number ready that would make it easier. It is located on the inside of the chassis.

ColR

ColRasked

When I connect the App to my M500 it gives me the incorrect date for the next clean. I’ve deleted the app and re-installed it. Also power cycled the main unit. Can you assist?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will connect you with customer service tech who can help.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Download manual