Maytronics Dolphin M500

Maytronics Dolphin M500 (page 2 of 4)

M500, M500 Liberty

• Pool Size
    • Average (7)
    • Large (2)
    • Small (1)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Emmett

EmmettBallarat

Does a great job

My Dolpin has served me well for a long time now. Far superior to the crawly cleaners that get stuck on everything and clean small sections of the pool.

I recommend the Dolpin. It is expensive initially but mine has lasted a long time. It also polishes the walls and floor as it cleans.

Date PurchasedOct 2012

DenisBrisbane

Worst Purchase Ever

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Denis, we want to help you, would you mind emailing us on infoau@maytronics.com with details of the dealer. Want to follow up with them as well to see why it is taking such a long time.

Frank

Frankwagga wagga

This has cost me a lot of money in repairs and replacement parts

Date PurchasedJul 2011

You won't be disappointed

We love the Dolphin M500. It cleans like no other. We used to have a different brand robot cleaner that wasn't the best. On advice from our friends who can't speak highly enough of theirs, we bought the M500 and haven't looked. Would gladly recommend it to anyone to give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Stormy

StormyBuderim

Lack of durability

The cleaner is approximately 4 years old. Spent $840 in 2016 on power supply and needs another $770 to replace the motor.
Will be looking for a cleaner that's more durable.
At purchase of $2650, Repair $840 & $772 in 4 years it's way too expensive for the job it does.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

DeniseK

DeniseKMelbourne

Great at start - will not last 4 years!

Great for first few months - better than suction cleaners. Two early visits back to dealer under warranty as it did not work (should have been replaced instead of repaired). By 3rd year, mainly cleaned the deep end & never climbed walls beyond first 30cm. At just over 3and1/2 years, just circled within 1 metre diameter. Out of warranty and $950 to fix. Buying another robot instead (non-Maytronics, of course!!!) Essentially a disposable cleaner after 3-4 years at cost of approx $800/year... (Are there any positive reviews of more than 3 stars for this expensive unit after 3 or more years of use?)

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Maytronics A.Maytronics

HI DeniseK, we love to help you were we can. We will send you a private message to see how we can help.

David K

David KBrisbane

Died after warranty ran out - $790 to repair!!!!!

Our Dolphin has died on us. And just after the warranty ran out. Sent it to the pool shop where we bought it from - $790 to repair!!! No way am I spending this amount only for it to die again. Looking at buying another pool cleaner. Looks like the Davey cleaner is much much cheaper and has the same 3 year warranty.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi David K, sorry to hear about your Liberty. We will send you a private message to connect to see if there is anything we can do to help.

very poor

when working this pool cleaner does a excellent job unfortunately the product is a very poor product & is constantly have problems needing to have major repairs several times, these are very costly we have just got it back from last repairs & still having problems . Bearing in mind this product is supposedly the top of the range in pool cleaners costing around the $2000 mark, you would expect this product to be able to provide a reasonable working life.
I would recommend anybody contemplating buying a new Pool Cleaner give Maytronics Dolphin products a very wide berth Their after sales service is not the greatest probably caused by the flood of dissatisfied customers

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Bee K, sorry to hear about your experience with your Dolphin M5. We do offer a full 3 year warranty. We will send you a message to connect privately to see if there is anything we can do to help you.

Colleen

ColleenPerth

I love Dolphin

Love my Dolphin. Cleans like a electric toothbrush: cleans thoroughly leaving the pool crystal clear. Way better than Mr Kreepy. It sucks up the smallest particles. I have palms around my natural pool so dome of the large stalks need to be removed manually.
It is a bit heavy lifting out of the pool for a senior citizen but no problem for a man.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Ben button

Ben buttonBilgola

Bloody great!

I have just released the beast into the pool and after 1 hour the filter light was on. Opened it up and the filters were absolutely full of sludge and dirt. Not many leaves as we don't have many trees. Happy so far! Only problem is can't get the Bluetooth to connect. Might need tech support. Bingo!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Expensive to Buy and Repair

Purchased this model as new from local pool retailer as the great new product on the market. At the time they were $1800 new and the first two years I had good solid operation.Then ten problems started. Major electrical fault required $600 worth of repairs by the approved repairer in Brisbane. Then 3 months later it stopped working. Was told that locally a new repairer was now in operation in 2017 and no warranty for past repairs applied and the new motor was also $600. This means a $1800 machine is requiring $1200 worth so repairs in less then 4 years. Not a great buy and sadly the brand is flawed in my opinion. Off to look at a new cleaner now and Maytronics Dolphin won't be on my list.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good performance, poor lifetime, expensive replacement parts, poor customer service

For such an expensive item I found this product very short on life performance, replacement parts are very expensive for not much and the customer service is very poor. My control box had intermittent problems but when I finally decided I had had enough it was just out of warranty and I got an extremely poor response from the Australian distributor. I had to buy a new controller less than a year ago and that is now on the blink. I would never buy one of their products again and I would not recommend them. There are plenty of cheaper robots on the market that are more economical to run.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

HarrySorrento

cost of spare parts is outrageous

my M5 works reasonably well-not really good in corners or steps.I had to replace 4 foam rollers-I was charged $270.I am bewildered that any company could charge that sort of price 4 pieces of foam.overall I am happy with the performance of the unit but not looking forward to any further breakdowns

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Harry

I do that but i still can't believe the cost of replacing foam rollers

AnomPerth

Died just after warranty ran out

Very expensive at $1000 per year. And the power cord is a real trip hazard. Only lasted 3 years. Did not do steps or corners. Very manually intensive to clean out the filters by hand all the time. Much prefer the cleaners that suck dirt out of pool into the filtration system.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Anom

What can you do for me that doesn't cost $88 just to tell me what's wrong with the thing, like one or all of the 3 motors needing replacement $400 each, or the circuit board $200-300, which all ads up to another $1,000 to get it going again?

disposable Pool cleaner

Date PurchasedOct 2012
serana.mcnicol

serana.mcnicolAU

Love our M5

We had our local pool shop out to our pool for a free demo. We were sold after the we saw how easy it is to use and the quality of the cleaner. We love our M5 but after reading other reviews it is really important to keep you pH levels in required range, chlorine on lower side and don't leave your cleaner in for long periods or it will not climb for you. Basic steps to ensure long life. Highly recommend this cleaner!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thanks for taking the time to review your Dolphin robotic pool cleaner. Great tips for all users.

Johnadelaide

Dolphins fails to climb/clean walls of pool

very disappointed with overall Performsnce of the dolphin cleaner. It fails to climb and clean the walls of the pool. As a result I need to manually clean the walls which is one of the prime reasons I purchased this cleaner. Unlikely to buy another and won't be recommending this to friends

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Great to hear John - that is also a good to tip. This is the sort of feedback that can help us continually improve.

Thank you and all the best.

Greatest disappointment ever

Date PurchasedOct 2011
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Spits small debris back into your pool

I want to use a Dolphin to remove large debris like leaves from your pool the product is ok. But the problem with the Dolphin 5 (the one I have) is that it does not lock dust and small debris into its system. So basically it would suck it up but then spits it out again back into your pool as the mechanics and filters are not made to retain small debris. So after a few days your pool has this bad dusty brown residue that stays at the bottom of your pool. Worst investment I have made in a long time...considering the price.

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi Martin, there are different types of filters that can be used. We've sent you a private message so we can touch base to help you with this issue. If we can find out what type of filter you have we can work from there.

Dene

DeneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your money these things are terrible, won't pick up sand if you want to see how terrible

Don't waste your money , absolutely shocking product, I feel ripped off , bad value , no after sales support, worst thing we have ever bought, come and see how bad this thing is, Culgoa point beach resort at Noosa Heads . I can't believe these guys are still in businesd

MTAU A.Maytronics

See all Maytronics Dolphin M500 reviews

Steven Jenningsasked

my m500 turns on impeller starts and water flows but then immediately shuts off. repressing the power button it does same again. i check impeller for hair or debris lodged or wrapped around impeller. nothing found appears to be track not moving but there is nothing clogged or lodged in the track. Any help?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thank you for your inquiry Steve. Are you available to call our Customer Care Team on 1300693657 Option 2 as there a number of things we can go through to get your Dolphin running beautifully again.

Steven Jennings

business hours? i've tried unplugging from wall plug, disconnected from power unit all for 30 mins turned upside down. never goes into test mode. also, the unit turns on impeller starts but when unit attempts to move power unit shuts down as if loss if power.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Steven. Our Customer Care Team is available between the hours of 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. We are also able to be contacted via email to customercareau@maytronics.com if this is a better suited method of communication. Once we are able to confirm the troubleshooting that has been completed, we will then be able to look into the next steps so that we can have your robot back up and running to full functionality.

Rick Lerette

Rick Leretteasked

Why did you discontinue the M500 Supreme ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rick. The Dolphin Supreme M500 has not been discontinued. It is a current, in-market robot and is available for purchase at several authorized dealers across Australia. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any further enquiries.

Rick Lerette

Rick Leretteasked

Do I need to charge battery pack before use ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rick. The Dolphin M500 is not a battery operated cleaner and does not require any form of charging prior to use. Its power supply connects directly into a power socket. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance. Have a great day.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Download manual