Maytronics Dolphin M500

Maytronics Dolphin M500 (page 2 of 4)

M500 Liberty and M500

very poor

when working this pool cleaner does a excellent job unfortunately the product is a very poor product & is constantly have problems needing to have major repairs several times, these are very costly we have just got it back from last repairs & still having problems . Bearing in mind this product is supposedly the top of the range in pool cleaners costing around the $2000 mark, you would expect this product to be able to provide a reasonable working life.
I would recommend anybody contemplating buying a new Pool Cleaner give Maytronics Dolphin products a very wide berth Their after sales service is not the greatest probably caused by the flood of dissatisfied customers

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Hi Bee K, sorry to hear about your experience with your Dolphin M5. We do offer a full 3 year warranty. We will send you a message to connect privately to see if there is anything we can do to help you.

I love Dolphin

Love my Dolphin. Cleans like a electric toothbrush: cleans thoroughly leaving the pool crystal clear. Way better than Mr Kreepy. It sucks up the smallest particles. I have palms around my natural pool so dome of the large stalks need to be removed manually.
It is a bit heavy lifting out of the pool for a senior citizen but no problem for a man.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Bloody great!

I have just released the beast into the pool and after 1 hour the filter light was on. Opened it up and the filters were absolutely full of sludge and dirt. Not many leaves as we don't have many trees. Happy so far! Only problem is can't get the Bluetooth to connect. Might need tech support. Bingo!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Expensive to Buy and Repair

Purchased this model as new from local pool retailer as the great new product on the market. At the time they were $1800 new and the first two years I had good solid operation.Then ten problems started. Major electrical fault required $600 worth of repairs by the approved repairer in Brisbane. Then 3 months later it stopped working. Was told that locally a new repairer was now in operation in 2017 and no warranty for past repairs applied and the new motor was also $600. This means a $1800 machine is requiring $1200 worth so repairs in less then 4 years. Not a great buy and sadly the brand is flawed in my opinion. Off to look at a new cleaner now and Maytronics Dolphin won't be on my list.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
The Surpeme M5 (now Dolphin M 500) comes with a full 3 year warranty and all replacement parts are offered a 12 months warranty. It doesn't sounds like we are able to help you at this point. But if you do need assistance we would be more than willing to help, we encourage any user with a problem to immediately call us on 1300 693 657 if unsatisfied with a repair agents service.

Good performance, poor lifetime, expensive replacement parts, poor customer service

For such an expensive item I found this product very short on life performance, replacement parts are very expensive for not much and the customer service is very poor. My control box had intermittent problems but when I finally decided I had had enough it was just out of warranty and I got an extremely poor response from the Australian distributor. I had to buy a new controller less than a year ago and that is now on the blink. I would never buy one of their products again and I would not recommend them. There are plenty of cheaper robots on the market that are more economical to run.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Hi Niall, we are disappointed to hear this from you. However, if you purchased your Dolphin Supreme M5 in June 2014, it will be covered by our 3 year warranty. I would encourage you to call you local Maytronics branch on 1300 693 657 to investigate further. Most customers get much more than 3 years service from their Dolphin robotic pool cleaner.

cost of spare parts is outrageous

my M5 works reasonably well-not really good in corners or steps.I had to replace 4 foam rollers-I was charged $270.I am bewildered that any company could charge that sort of price 4 pieces of foam.overall I am happy with the performance of the unit but not looking forward to any further breakdowns

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Hi Harry, a great tip to take care of your wonder brush foam rollers is to ensure you remove the pool robot and rinse them after each cleaning cycle. They should have a very good life span over several years with good care. The rollers are like a car tyre.I do that but i still can't believe the cost of replacing foam rollers

Died just after warranty ran out

Very expensive at $1000 per year. And the power cord is a real trip hazard. Only lasted 3 years. Did not do steps or corners. Very manually intensive to clean out the filters by hand all the time. Much prefer the cleaners that suck dirt out of pool into the filtration system.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Hi Anom, we have many customers who have experienced great results with this Dolphin cleaner where it does clean all corners and steps. We also tend to get a lot of reviews saying how much easier a Dolphin is to use - so it is disappointing to hear about your experience. We would like to help you get your cleaner working the way it should, please send us a message or call our national support line 1300 693 657 and we will gladly help as it seems very strange you that had all these problems and it just died as you say.What can you do for me that doesn't cost $88 just to tell me what's wrong with the thing, like one or all of the 3 motors needing replacement $400 each, or the circuit board $200-300, which all ads up to another $1,000 to get it going again?Hi Anom, I will send you another private message so we can connect to help you if you are interested. It would be good to know more details so we can provide a solution, your experience is definitely not normal so we are happy to help in the interest of great customer service.

disposable Pool cleaner

I went out on a limb four years ago and purchased the great revolutionary M5 dolphin pool cleaner cleans well BUT!
Under warranty it has been in the shop 3 times for 3 drive motor replacements. (The 3rd time we had to fight and argue as it had just past its warranty and it was the same motor only previously replaced 3 months prior)
3 x rollers replaced over $250 each time, 3 X set of filters $105 ea set and now the PCB board has gone and reset switch is faulty $35 also have told due for rollers filters again. Total cost $620.
Our dolphin after 4 yrs is now faded and fragile looking and probably also soon due for a new blue power cord.$$$
The machine is very heavy to pull out of the water and obviously not manufactured with the parts and materials to with stand water damage .We have always squirted with fresh water after use.
Conclusion with out pulling the heavy thing out and into a dark storage area every time after use 4-5yrs total life is all you will get before replacement of the unit.
The unit at minimum will cost you over a 4yr period $81.25 per month after summarizing its total costs with filters and rollers and assuming the breakdowns are completed under the warranty period?

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Hi Lou, glad you cleaner works well, but no so happy to hear about your replacement experiences. The prices you quote seem quite high compared to our recommended retail pricing. At Maytronics we strive to provide great customer service. We will send you a direct message to find out more details so we can help provide you with the best advice to get the most out of your product.

Love our M5

We had our local pool shop out to our pool for a free demo. We were sold after the we saw how easy it is to use and the quality of the cleaner. We love our M5 but after reading other reviews it is really important to keep you pH levels in required range, chlorine on lower side and don't leave your cleaner in for long periods or it will not climb for you. Basic steps to ensure long life. Highly recommend this cleaner!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Thanks for taking the time to review your Dolphin robotic pool cleaner. Great tips for all users.

Dolphins fails to climb/clean walls of pool

very disappointed with overall Performsnce of the dolphin cleaner. It fails to climb and clean the walls of the pool. As a result I need to manually clean the walls which is one of the prime reasons I purchased this cleaner. Unlikely to buy another and won't be recommending this to friends

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Have just had a Maytronics tech Support guy visit and check out my Dolphin Supreme M5. We put it through its paces and once we "rinsed & squelched" the foam rollers in fresh water, the cleaner performed a lot better. I will monitor this over the next few weeks, but for those having similar problems, this simple 5 minute cleaning technique appears to make quite a difference. I should up my rating on the cleaner to 4 STAR and if performance continues - to 5 Star. btw, my retailer didn't mention this requirement when I purchased the cleaner and I cant recall seeing this suggestion in the M5 manual.Great to hear John - that is also a good to tip. This is the sort of feedback that can help us continually improve. Thank you and all the best.

Greatest disappointment ever

Unlike many I have waited to write my review on the Maytronis Dolphin Supreme M5 pool cleaner. I am glad I did so as my first opinion was it’s the best I have ever bought. After owning it for just over 4 years it is the worst most expensive cleaner I have ever bought.
During this time the unit has been sent in many times for warranty, the electronics have been replaced twice, tracks have been replaced locking clips on the filters, bearings the latest was the greatest, I used it once since the last repair only for the main controller to fail due to water getting in from windblown rain. The unit is meant to resist this as it is IP65 rated. Again the unit sat around before I used it again, well it worked well for one run, after cleaning the filters out and went to place it on for the second time it would not start up again, unit totally dead.
I had enough of this and called Maytronics direct, under the fair trading act I understand if a product continues to fail 3 times or more for the same reason I am entitled to a full replacement. Stupid me I let them repair the unit each time when I should have requested a full replacement. Today I was told by Maytronics that I have neglected my cleaner and they have taken photo’s of it by neglect they mean I did not keep my PH levels stable and that my pool was not well maintained they made this assessment without seeing my pool or testing the waters. In short their explanation was because my PH levels were not maintained the cleaner has discoloured and the clips have become brittle.
In short Maytronics are saying that their own product is not really suitable for this environment, I have had pumps running waterfall for ten year plus in ponds and they have not faded or become brittle and they are in less than perfect conditions unlike the pool which is maitained.
In short after the comments received today from the manager I will never buy another product of theirs. I am going to try the Zodiac CX20 and see how that compares to the very costly Dolphin which was $2400 compared to $860 for the equivalent machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2011
Hi ozi181, we are sorry to hear about your experience with your 2011 purchase. It is difficult to comment on your case without seeing the cleaner first hand. There are a number of variables that can accelerate and cause pre-mature deterioration. It may be too late, but we have sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can to help or at least look into your case. We take product support very seriously for customer satisfaction.Hi In short if you want to truly help take this unit back replace it with a new one which is what i should have done after it had broken down several times well within the warranty period, for which i was entitled do do under the consumer act. You own manager stated unless the ph is maintained 100% at all time warranty will be void read the fine print. You show me any pool which the ph levels being perfect at all times. In short your sales manager said I have neglected the unit and he had photo,s to prove it.. To tell you the truth yes the unit may be faded but none of the issues are related to a ph level not being maintained as the unit has only faded. In short your own manager has pretty much said its not really designed well for a pool environment.. I have worked in the weighing industry for 10 years, this was in the 90's and i worked in R&D were products and materials were not as good as they are now. I had to design load cells that could be submerged up to 120 feet in the ocean (salt water) this environment is much harsher than a salt water pool. I had no problems with achieving this with long lasting results. Let me assure you the electronics inside these load cells is more delicate than those in your cleaner. So I know what I am talking about. So you have your choice replace the unit or leave me alone and I will keep advising those that keep contacting me. In short I was not happy when your sales manager stated I neglected the cleaner, I will keep sending photo's of my unit to those that ask it clearly shows its not neglected.Hi ozi181, it is difficult to make any further comment as we have no details even though we have sent you a private message to connect and help you out. We get a lot of positive feedback from customers so when we heard about your experience we genuinely wanted to help. We understand if you don't wish to take up our offer of help, it is your choice. We would encourage users to contact their dealer or Maytronics as soon as possible if they think there may be a problem so we can fix it up quickly. We offer genuine customer service along with our dealers and our warranty terms comprehensive, Maytronics is always willing to help the end users as much as possible where needed.

Spits small debris back into your pool

I want to use a Dolphin to remove large debris like leaves from your pool the product is ok. But the problem with the Dolphin 5 (the one I have) is that it does not lock dust and small debris into its system. So basically it would suck it up but then spits it out again back into your pool as the mechanics and filters are not made to retain small debris. So after a few days your pool has this bad dusty brown residue that stays at the bottom of your pool. Worst investment I have made in a long time...considering the price.

Hi Martin, there are different types of filters that can be used. We've sent you a private message so we can touch base to help you with this issue. If we can find out what type of filter you have we can work from there.

Don't waste your money these things are terrible, won't pick up sand if you want to see how terrible

Don't waste your money , absolutely shocking product, I feel ripped off , bad value , no after sales support, worst thing we have ever bought, come and see how bad this thing is, Culgoa point beach resort at Noosa Heads . I can't believe these guys are still in businesd

Hi Dene, there is no reason your Dolphin can not pick up sand. We have a great local Dolphin Dealer in your area who provides great sales and after-sales service. I have sent you a private message about this so hopefully we can connect you with the one of dealers who can help you.

Help

The foam rollers are becoming covered in green blotches. How do I clean them. I check the water regularly. The ph, chlorine and alkalinity are good. This is the second set of rollers I have gone through. I replaced the first set because I couldn't get them clean. Also the unit won't stay in the shallow end. All it wants to do is work its way downhill to the deep end.

Hi, it sounds like the algae growth is due to the lack of chlorine in the water to control the growth. The foam rollers need to be white or it will not get traction in the pool.The pool is a magnapool so it is self chlorinating. Chlorine is never added. Every time I test the water it says chlorine ok. So how can I get the algae off the rollers?I would usually recommend rinsing the unit after use before storage. The foam rollers is very similar to your everyday sponge, just denser. I'm not sure how bad the condition is but try cleaning it with a mild soap and give a few good squeeze to get all the algae out. If that doesnt work, you would probably need to get a new set of brushes.

After sales support is terrible

The cleaner works very well for the first 3 hours after you turn it on, but if there is a tree in your suburb the filter full indication will come on at the end and you will need to clean it. If you use the spring net filters it will last longer, but they deteriorate quite quickly when exposed to water.
If you try and replace the filters, good luck to you. Maytronics have no sales depeartment available to the public, so you have to go through your local pool supplies store. Unfortunately, no matter how many times you say you want the mesh net filters to your pool supplies store, they order the standard ultra fine filter that only runs for 3 hours.

Hi Greg, sorry you ran into trouble with the pool shop. Local pool stores act as our sales outlet as we are only the distributor. I believe you are after the "Spring Cartridge Filter Kit Of 4". Quote the pool shops "9991433-ASSY". As with the LED indicator, its just a reminder, does not affect the performance of the cleaner. Hope that helps.I had no luck getting the spring filter from the local pool supplies shop however, I did manage to make contact with someone at Maytronics who could help me and the unit is back in the water and doing a great job again.

Rubbish

For the price they want, the Liberty is absolutely crap. Runs out of battery quick and I feel im always charging the dumb thing. The cleaner is slow and the blue fades off and look cheep. Got an astralpool cleaner instead and don't have any of the problems. Beside the pool shop telling me that there was nothing better than it, I feel like they were just clearing stock. 0/100

Hi Emily, sorry to hear about your experience with the Supreme M5 Liberty. We state very clearly the battery life and it is ample for the cleaning cycles available. With proper care and maintenance there is no reason your cleaner will fade in a short period of time. We are always here and happy to help with any issue you may have in the future.

3 Leaves in Filter unit says clean Filter and stops

Just got the m5, had a dolphin spirit for years with the bag filter. The old one finally quit. The new m5 has issues, from what I have been reading and a quick call to Maytronics, the power supply may be to blame. My pool was already clean when i tested it out with the exception of a couple of leaves. The unit stopped after an hour or so with the clean filter light on. I opened it up and cleaned out all 3 leaves and started it again. So every time it does a cycle it stops midway through and says clean filters. The remote also quit, this is after 4 days of use. Dealer says he is replacing it with another unit. If these problems exists on the second unit it will be returned.

HI Brian, sorry to hear about your issue, it does not sound normal. Can you let us know if you had the problem fixed? We are happy to help with get back on track.

Worst Pool Cleaner Ever!

Our Aquabot died last year after 7 years of use. My husband went to a local pool company and bought their top of the line Dolphin Supreme M5. Of course it was the most expensive one so it must be good right? This cleaner isn't even close to being average it is that bad. Here are the reasons I hate it: 1) It does a horrible job of cleaning. I have to run it about five 3 hour cycles to even get the pool sort of clean (and yes I clean the filter thoroughly after each cycle) 2) It's slow 3) It doesn't clean the walls or stairs 4) it's heavy. I would never buy another Dolphin again. We will go back to the Aquabot, I never had any of those issues with it.

Sorry to hear about this experience. If you need some help with our M5, please let us know and I can arrange a service technician to help.

New pool 15/7/13 - 8 repairs in 2.5 years

CONS
Expensive product i.e. $2700.00.
After sales support limited - phone contact to Brisbane only (we are on Sunshine Coast) and item can only be repaired in Brisbane.
Item has broken down ten times; twice it needed a new power pack, once there was water in the motor, a fuse (?) another time, electrical/internal issues and then roller problems or unexplained.
We use product every day (we have trees in our area) - we have been told we shouldn't use it every day.
Doesn't clean sides/steps.
No local agent - item has to be sent to Archerfield Brisbane at our expense (we live on Sunshine Coast and our pool service agent unable to assist).
Item turn around usually 2-3 weeks due to having to be sent away and/or busy. Considerable difficulty experienced when had to pack up and send to Archerfield - awkward shape and quite heavy.
Advised to put hose/cleaner on lawn and dry out in sun to detangle/give it a break, etc. but then advised to be cautious as sun could deteriorate.
Advised to not leave in water for long durations (it couldn't handle it), but also advised not to leave outside of water for long durations (i.e. foam rollers would dry out).
Nearly all parts on cleaner replaced but issues still continue.
Does not pick up little thin leaves/items i.e. tiny light casuarina leaves (long and thin).
Very heavy when remove from pool as is full of water - you lift up via hose and it is cumbersome.
Have found staff capability and willingness/ability to assist quickly and professionally is limited.

PROS
Worked well first month.
Quiet and does not ever do that "sucky sucky" thing that the barracuda's do as they hit the air and air got sucked into filter.
When demonstrated at store it works amazingly and you are confident you are buying the right cleaner. i.e. in a 1x2m tank where there are no actual leaves, steps, sun, outdoor conditions, or humans using it.

Hi DFM, we now have a very good authorised Dolphin Service Agent on the Sunshine Coast. Would happily put you in touch if you need.Could you please publish the details here so that others can also benefit who may live in this area. I can also put info in my phone contacts so that I can get help quicker already having the contact details and so on, if another issue occurs again. Hopefully there won't be any more issues. Thanks kindly.

Should be faultless for the price

We find our Dolphin m5 struggles to climb, won't climb at all with the fine filters - pool clean. The dirty filter indicator is also ordinary - comes on only after a few minutes of cleaning & the unit is clean. Sound like this is a common issue.

Hi Greg, we can help you get your M5 working properly, please let us know if you still need some help to get your Dolphin climbing.