Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series

Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series Questions & Answers

TC-14FL (14L), TC-35FL (33L), TC-21FL (20L)

34 questions from our users

Alan P.
Alan P.asked
TropiCool Series

My waeco fridge has suddenly stopped cooling , runs constantly without cooling. Has performed flawlessly for over 2 months on the road but suddenly stopped cooling. Is it a simple fix or terminal

Julieasked

Can I run on 240v continually for a month while travelling

steve.lindz

Yes it will. I will maby test it before committing to using it for a month I think you will be disappointed if you are using it for that long.

Troy S.
Troy S.asked
TropiCool Series

Waeco CoolPro will work on 240 but not on the 12/24-dc cord. Would it be the cord itself, fuse or maybe the compressor?

Wayne S.
Wayne S.asked
Benny M.
Benny M.asked
Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

My cooler box runs perfect it just doesn’t get any cooler than 15 degrees. I have tried it with ac and dc still does not get cold. I ran it all day and night and the next morning still only cooled down to 15 degrees. Any suggestions would be nice

steve.lindz

Maby try putting some ice in it for about 12 hours before you use it to cool it down, then once you put your things in it should be ok to use, you could also replace the Ice to keep it cold, don't lave running in your car without the car running it will flattern the battery quickly.

Komang P.

It work with suround temperatur
It using tec (cold and hot side)
If the suround temperatur below 30c you will get less then 10c inside

David S.asked
TropiCool Series

hello i have dometic 21 plug in fan runs all night plate giving off heat not cooling inside anyone help? i rang up a company they said 160 for parts if the board gone not worth it can buy new for that price , some one mentioned an inner fan fan if its not drawing will the box not cool thanks in advance Dave

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brownasked

my cooler will not work on 12 volts does it have a fuse

Komang P.

Check on the plug open it usualy there is fuse inside

Grant d.
Grant d.asked
TropiCool Series

I have waeco dometic 14ltr tropicool. It dose not work on 12 volt but works fine on 240 volt. I have checked the lead and fuse/socket plug and the plug in end into the unit. Also checked all wiring and try'd other fridge's all works fine.

Casey W.asked
TropiCool Series

Hi, I have a waeco coolpro 21FL that I was running o 240v ahead of camping trip. It has completly stopped overnight, no fan no cooking nothing. 12v no longer working either. Is there a reset etc or can I assume the unit it dead? Cheers

Hi there,

No I don't believe there is any reset.

If it's not working under any power source, it may be a fuse issue before the pcb or and issue with the on off switch.

Hope this helps

Keeps clicking on 240v & doesn’t start.But works on 12 volt

Zita S.
Zita S.asked
TropiCool Series

I have Waeco 12v car fridge model TC 18UG-12, is the internal fan for cooling or heating (or both) and the
internal fan is not turning, can someone give me a spill on this pls?

Zita S.
Zita S.asked
TropiCool Series

I have a 12v Waeco car fridge Model number TC 18UG-12. External fan runs, internal fan does not. Is it supposed to run on heating or cooling?

David F.
David F.asked
Waeco CoolPro TC-21FL (20L)

Turn my fridge on, was left on for a full day and not even the slightest bit cold. Can anyone tell me what is wrong please

Alan
Alanasked
Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

I have just connected mine via the 12 volt cord to a 240v adapter and the fridge shuts off and comes back on, does not run continuously

Joe
Joeasked
TropiCool Series

Yea mine is running on 240 volts ,but when switch to 12 volt ,keeps blowing fuses .

Bradey S.
Bradey S.

Iv had the exact same problem. Did you have any luck fixing it ?

Graham Pasked
Waeco CoolPro TC-14FL (14L)

Hi there.
Can you please tell me if the internal fan runs constantly with the external fan.
Ive got my cooler hooked up to 240volt and the external fan is going but getting nothing from the internal one.

It's supposed to.
Internal power supply has two low voltage components I believe. 1 x 5v & 1 x 10. Or something in that range. How those fans are connected up to those power supplies I do not know. Maybe a case of no power to one of the fans or a seized fan. If it's just a fan I used to salvage one of similar voltage from an old computer and screw them into place. These days it's even easier. You just look up the dimensions of the fan on mebay or amazon and source one with the appropriate voltage. All this is presuming you're Peltier unit is still operational....

Graham P

Thanks mate. I have been down and purchased a new internal fan and hooked it up with no joy.
Will keep looking.

Claudia G
Claudia Gasked
Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

Can I use my thermoelectric cooler lying on its side?

Don
Don

Claudia
As the cooling system is mainly solid state electronics with a cooling fan on a heat sink I imagine that it should be ok. It should be like operating a notebook pc on its side.

Hardball

Shouldn't make a scrap of difference, other than thermal leakage as cold air which will flow downhill, leaks out the lid seals.
Unlike conventional fridges, there are no moving parts other than fans so issues such as hydraulic lock, caused by lubrication oil getting past compressors when you tip fridges on their side, is not a problem.

Known1
Known1asked
Waeco CoolPro TC-21FL (20L)

The fan runs on my unit and its been plugged in for hours but not cooling down at all.

Hardball

Put an ammeter on it and measure the current in the 10 amp range. Might have to go to an auto electrician to do this as a hobby type ammeter will probably deliver an 'out of range error' if it's working properly.
If, however, your $10 multimeter indicates a current draw is minimal, like 600ma or something in the range of what a larger brushless computer fan would draw, then the Peltier device won't be working. If that's the case it will be a 'pull it apart' scenario to see if perhaps a wire has fused a connection.

jimmy
jimmyasked
Waeco CoolPro TC-14FL (14L)

my waeco 14 lt wont go cold om 240 volt and 12 volt checked both fans and they work perfect is there any thing i can do to fix the problem?

Sacha W
Sacha W

I have the same probleme, do you resolved this ?

Hardball

Refer to answer above for DIY testing of the Peltier unit.

Trav S
Trav Sasked
Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

I need to replace the " top pcb control board for a tc35fl-ac? Do u know how much and what company would supply this? Its the chipboard control panel that goes inder the membrane digital all Waeco sticker

160 quid for the part can buy a new one for that