Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series

Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series (page 2 of 2)

TC-14FL (14L), TC-35FL (33L), TC-21FL (20L)

Pros

• Small, compact

• Affordable

• Designed for both warm and cool food or drinks

Cons

• Maintains food temperature, rather than altering it

Wombat

Used for six years non stop.

Despite what the stories say I have had it to minus one degree celsius. I regularly open the end cover to clean out fluff that accumulates on the cooling fins. It makes a big difference. Fan motors sometimes get noisy, then suddenly quiet again. 240 volt power board failed years ago, so I run it through a 12 volt power supply.

Wombat

Yesterday, running on 7 lights, the internal temperature was MINUS 2 degrees on a 23 degree day. I do not need to have it that cold. Switched to 5 lights and is now plus 2.7 degrees in a 17 degree day. Love this unit!

Cheryl

CherylMurray Region, NSW

Better than expected

Bought Waeco Cool Pro 14 litre and lent it to my truck driver son while his truck fridge was being repaid. He said apart from size was it was as good as his truck fridge/freezer. Kept drinks and food at a good temperature. Doesn't use much batter to keep it running.

Big Lemon

Bought 21/02/2015. Used once, fishing out of Port Lincoln for 4 days, temp 18 to 20 degrees. Result, a box of rotten fish. What attracted me to the "cooler" was the notes on the box, from "0" degrees. I doubt that this would get anywhere near zero.
I sent it back in October to have it checked. I would have sent it back earlier except my friend, who I left the fish with, did not inform me of the state of the fish until October. Result working ok. I explained that this would not suit the purpose I bought it for to no avail.
Told to use ice packs. It now turns out to be a very expensive esky, which I could have bought at Bunnings for less than $90.00.
NOT HAPPY.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Grahamw29

Grahamw29NORTH SYDNEY

Good performance and value for money

mn77

mn77South East Queensland, QLD

great little coolers

I own two waeco's a tc-35fl and a 12lt. all I can say are they are great and have never let me down. I bought them second hand on ebay. I do alot of camping mainly on moreton island. I use the 35 as a drinks fridge and the 12 as a day tripper when out and about. I also have a 90lt fridge/freezer in another brand to look after the food side of things. for what they are and the price new, they do a great job and are well worth it. I have never noticed any great draw or load on my batteries from the waeco's

lynian

lynian

We would not be without it.

We have had ours for two years and would not be without it. We plug this in the 240 power point the night before we want to use it, and it is always ready to use in the morning. It keeps our drinks cold for us the next day. When we put the thermometer in it we always get it to 0-5 degrees, have also kept butter, milk and meat in it and they have kept cold enough.

Marcus

Marcus

Garbage

absalute garbage, it takes at least 12hrs running to cool down. Don't waste your money and buy a fridge/freezer. Disappointed Waeco has created this rubbish.

Very good

We borrowed my sisters waeco from Newcastle on a Xmas trip from Brisbane to Perth about four years ago and encountered temps in the 40's in SW NSW. Ran flawlessly, kept food and drinks cold, as cold as a shop fridge. Do not know if it ran continuously as it was in the back of a packed Territory and we could not hear it. Held temp with the car not running for hours including milk although when staying somewhere overnight we ran it on 240v to keep things cool. I am now looking at purchasing a unit of our own to take on a trip to Darwin mid year.
Kept drinks to nice cold drinking temp.
None

Neil.W59

Neil.W59South East Queensland, QLD

Save your Money - get a real fridge/freezer

This Waeco is a waste of space. It doesn't cool as much as stated and struggled to keep things even chilled in the back of a vehicle in winter. Save the money and spend it on a small fridge/freezer as even in winter if it doesn't chill to 4 degrees it is a health hazard for anything other than cans of drink.

Didn't cope in the back of a car in winter.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Excellent product

I really wasn't sure to buy one because there's a lot of negative reviews on the net. I end up buying one of waeco seconds site for $120, best choice I made. It sits in my truck to keep drinks and lunch cold. I run it for about 14hrs a day. I put a thermometer inside and always reads between 0-5 degres cold. Recommend it to any one in a truck or tractor
Very cheap $120
Could of have a digital temperature.

sturtdesert

sturtdesertsydney

Waeco TC-14FL thermoelectric cooler

Does exactly what it is supposed to - cools food close to 30deg C below ambient temperature. I have tested it half-full at +22.5 deg C, and it pulled the temp down to +5 deg C. It will without a doubt struggle at an ambient temp upwards of +30. This test was conducted at maximum cooling setting. Great for keeping your beer cool, or sandwiches for a picnic etc, but will not be suitable to use for camping for keeping milk/meat etc at a safe temp. Otherwise, a fantastic little cooler. Note also this will drain your car battery far more readily than a compressor portable fridge.
Compact, cools effectively in moderate ambient temperatures, quality construction.
Not effective in high ambient temperatures besides cooling beer/drink/sandwiches etc.

Mr Mojo Risin'

Mr Mojo Risin'CHATSWOOD

Comments apply to all Thermoelectric models & brands basically.

hopalong

hopalong

OK

claire ensor
claire ensor
See all Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series reviews

Wayne S.

Wayne S.asked

Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

Dimensions

Benny M.

Benny M.asked

Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

My cooler box runs perfect it just doesn’t get any cooler than 15 degrees. I have tried it with ac and dc still does not get cold. I ran it all day and night and the next morning still only cooled down to 15 degrees. Any suggestions would be nice

steve.lindz
steve.lindz

Maby try putting some ice in it for about 12 hours before you use it to cool it down, then once you put your things in it should be ok to use, you could also replace the Ice to keep it cold, don't lave running in your car without the car running it will flattern the battery quickly.

David S.

David S.asked

TropiCool Series

hello i have dometic 21 plug in fan runs all night plate giving off heat not cooling inside anyone help? i rang up a company they said 160 for parts if the board gone not worth it can buy new for that price , some one mentioned an inner fan fan if its not drawing will the box not cool thanks in advance Dave

The Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series is a line of small, affordable portable fridges. Each comes with heating and cooling capabilities, able to cool below 25 degrees below or heat 65 degrees above external temperatures. They can run on 12V or 240V power, with a "7-stage" digital temperature control.

Reviewers liked the smallness of the fridge, often saying it fit well in the passenger footwell of a van or truck. Though not as high-performing or energy efficient as other portable fridges, reviewers generally agree that it's worth what it costs. People also noted the fridge is unable to change the temperature of food or drinks quickly, and should instead be seen as a tool to maintain the temperature of an item you put into it. It will struggle in extreme temperatures, and is best used to keep cold stuff cool, or hot stuff warm.

Compare all 3 Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) A$249.00A$299.00A$399.00
Type Fridge OnlyFridge OnlyFridge Only
Capacity14L20L33L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletWall Outlet
FeaturesDigital Display Panel and Interior LightInterior Light
Cooling Capacity1 °C to 25 °C
Weight5.5 kg7 kg10.3 kg
Dimensions 328 x 303 x 450 mm420 x 303 x 450 mm460 x 376 x 550 mm
Construction MaterialPlasticPlastic
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare all 3 Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series