Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series

Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series

TC-14FL (14L), TC-35FL (33L), TC-21FL (20L)

Pros

• Small, compact

• Affordable

• Designed for both warm and cool food or drinks

Cons

• Maintains food temperature, rather than altering it

HardballSydney, NSW

Great "Dry Cooler"

Purchased in August 2009 at Supercheap Auto for A$150.00.

Great little cooler

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Chris V

Chris VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great little cooler

I bought this cooler for my ute as I do a lot of travelling & love having a cold drink (& not paying $5 for a bottle of water on the Nullabor).
I have it running off my second battery & has been on since Sept 16. It keeps my drinks & food cooler than I expected even on 40 degree days it keeps everything chilly.
The only issue I've had with mine was the internal fan was making a clicking noise & it was due to a bit of ice (lowered the temp & it thawed) so note, don't have it on the highest setting for 7 months straight.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Wprks great.

Keeps drinks nice and cool. Sits in the truck with me and cant complain. Kept my drinks cold today (was 39 degrees)
Fites 6 water bottles and ny sangas nice and cool. Will recomend to all our friends. The boss is even buying some for the other trucks in the fleet.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great little unit should have bought one sooner

Works great icey cold drinks when you need them couldn't do without it now sits on truck seat beside me forever ready cool suggested to friends and family to buy one nice and easy to handle and light too which helps in the truck even my sandwiches stay nice and cool on a hot day bonus.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
KirstyB

KirstyBSouth Australia, 5540

Better than expected

Temperature sits near 3 Celcius and large enough for a few drinks and containers of food. Light enough to lift easily into back of my 4x4. Can't fault this little TC-14FL, price was very good from BCF. Great on 240V excellent on 12V, big enough to hold a couple of longer bottles if needed.

Paulc98

Paulc98Mount Druitt

Excellent Cooler

I purchased this unit as a cooler for a 4wd. It performs admirably it is light enough to be lifted easily and will hold 4 bottles of water and 2 sandwiches and 2 apples easily. The temperature is down to about 3 degrees on a 34 degree day. It is quiet and I cant fault it in any way.

Grahamw29

Grahamw29NORTH SYDNEY

Good performance and value for money

mn77

mn77South East Queensland, QLD

great little coolers

I own two waeco's a tc-35fl and a 12lt. all I can say are they are great and have never let me down. I bought them second hand on ebay. I do alot of camping mainly on moreton island. I use the 35 as a drinks fridge and the 12 as a day tripper when out and about. I also have a 90lt fridge/freezer in another brand to look after the food side of things. for what they are and the price new, they do a great job and are well worth it. I have never noticed any great draw or load on my batteries from the waeco's

Portable Fridges / Freezers

lynian

lynian

We would not be without it.

We have had ours for two years and would not be without it. We plug this in the 240 power point the night before we want to use it, and it is always ready to use in the morning. It keeps our drinks cold for us the next day. When we put the thermometer in it we always get it to 0-5 degrees, have also kept butter, milk and meat in it and they have kept cold enough.

Excellent product

I really wasn't sure to buy one because there's a lot of negative reviews on the net. I end up buying one of waeco seconds site for $120, best choice I made. It sits in my truck to keep drinks and lunch cold. I run it for about 14hrs a day. I put a thermometer inside and always reads between 0-5 degres cold. Recommend it to any one in a truck or tractor
Very cheap $120
Could of have a digital temperature.

See all Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series reviews

Wayne S.

Wayne S.asked

Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

Dimensions

Benny M.

Benny M.asked

Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

My cooler box runs perfect it just doesn’t get any cooler than 15 degrees. I have tried it with ac and dc still does not get cold. I ran it all day and night and the next morning still only cooled down to 15 degrees. Any suggestions would be nice

steve.lindz
steve.lindz

Maby try putting some ice in it for about 12 hours before you use it to cool it down, then once you put your things in it should be ok to use, you could also replace the Ice to keep it cold, don't lave running in your car without the car running it will flattern the battery quickly.

David S.

David S.asked

TropiCool Series

hello i have dometic 21 plug in fan runs all night plate giving off heat not cooling inside anyone help? i rang up a company they said 160 for parts if the board gone not worth it can buy new for that price , some one mentioned an inner fan fan if its not drawing will the box not cool thanks in advance Dave

The Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series is a line of small, affordable portable fridges. Each comes with heating and cooling capabilities, able to cool below 25 degrees below or heat 65 degrees above external temperatures. They can run on 12V or 240V power, with a "7-stage" digital temperature control.

Reviewers liked the smallness of the fridge, often saying it fit well in the passenger footwell of a van or truck. Though not as high-performing or energy efficient as other portable fridges, reviewers generally agree that it's worth what it costs. People also noted the fridge is unable to change the temperature of food or drinks quickly, and should instead be seen as a tool to maintain the temperature of an item you put into it. It will struggle in extreme temperatures, and is best used to keep cold stuff cool, or hot stuff warm.

Compare all 3 Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) A$249.00A$299.00A$399.00
Type Fridge OnlyFridge OnlyFridge Only
Capacity14L20L33L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletWall Outlet
FeaturesDigital Display Panel and Interior LightInterior Light
Cooling Capacity1 °C to 25 °C
Weight5.5 kg7 kg10.3 kg
Dimensions 328 x 303 x 450 mm420 x 303 x 450 mm460 x 376 x 550 mm
Construction MaterialPlasticPlastic
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare all 3 Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series