Doors Plus Questions & Answers

Verifieddoorsplus.com.au
QueriesP
QueriesP

Recently purchased 3 Guardian 2 in 1 doors and we have the internal panels open all the time. However we have to be really careful when coming in and out of the door because when you push the external door open, the internal panel moves with it and there is a risk of damaging them.

What's the mechanism I need to install behind the door so it holds the internal panel in place when the external door opens/closes? I know one exists - it's like an extendable arm - I just can't recall the name of it.

Denise H.
Denise H.

QueriesP, I have the same issue did you find a solution?
Many thanks DeniseH

Jason

Hi I have a guarding 2 in 1 doors installed early this year and I am having a problem with the glass panels blowing open when its windy is there anything that h=can be done to stop this or able to lock them closed?

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Jason, Thank you for your enquiry.

If possible, could you please email customerservice@doorsplus.com.au and one of our representatives will be in contact with you to assist with a resolution to this problem.

Sophie H.
Sophie H.

Hey Jason, we are having the same problem. Did you get a solution?

Jason

Yes they changed the magnetics on the glass to a stronger one have not had any problem since

danuele.mignano5
danuele.mignano5

I would like to know the cost of the exterior Guardian doors twin 1 door security system built into it I'm just looking for rough costing of the doors

Doors Plus   DM

Hello danuele.mignano5, Thank you for your query.

We cannot give a rough estimate of costing as this is all dependent on the size of door needed, and if you require installation and/or framework as well.

My best recommendation would be to email customerservice@doorsplus.com.au with some brief details along with your suburb, and then our sales team will get back to you with a quote.

Stephen M.
Stephen M.

Received a quote to supply and install 4 Chateau internal doors and a guardian 2 in 1 entrance door. After a Guardian 2 in 1 2 doors with no side panel, Quote is for a single door with a side glass panel. Are double doors available in the guardian range?

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Stephen, Thank you for submitting your question.

Providing the space is optimal for a double door solution, yes we can install the Guardian Doors as double doors.
If the space is not suitable then this may be why your quote contains a door and side panel, rather than a double door.

Paul
Paul

Hi I have purchased a 2 in 1 guardian door and the middle glass door will not open. It is stuck shut and can't get it open for the life of me. Any suggestions doors plus?????

Doors Plus   DM

Hi Paul, Thank you for getting in touch.

If possible, could you please email customerservice@doorsplus.com.au with your order number?
Once this is received we can investigate your query and a team member will get back to you.

Bernd
Bernd

The magnets on those are very strong (too strong). Reason given to us was that it needs to resist possible wind pressure so it doesn't open unintended. Bit of a design flaw I think. We put a thin tape on the magnet to easy the strength of the magnet and has helped a bit.

Maria S.
Maria S.

Did you get an answer I have the same problem

Doors Plus   DM

Hi Maria S, Thank you for adding your comment to this thread.

If you could please email customerservice@doorsplus.com.au with your order number and we will investigate this for you and get back to you with a resolution as well.

Dr Norway F.
Dr Norway F.

how much for a 2 in q door

Ron W.
Ron W.

Dr that is something that you have to take up with Doors Plus. My review was based on workmanship and quality of product.

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Dr Norway F, The Guardian 2-in-1 doors vary in price depending on which design you choose.
Please email customerservice@doorsplus.com.au with your location and we can direct your query to you local sales team.

Angela G.

I bought an external door which had a light green film over it. The salesman said you just paint over it no need to peel it off. Is this correct?

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Angela, If you could please provide me with your order number so I can see which product you had installed, this will assist me in providing the correct information.

Angela G.

Was years ago its a basic external door very plain. No order number sorry

Doors Plus   DM

Hi Angela, Thank you for getting back to me.
Without your order number to source which product you purchased, it is hard to provide accurate information.
The green skin on doors does not need to be peeled off, it would have needed to have undercoat and sealing paint applied on all faces and edges including top and bottom.
I hope this helps.

Paul Miller
Paul Miller

Please advise cost of "Eden 75" front door supplied, painted and fitted to a manufactured home in a residential park in Bethania 4205. I have an aluminium safety screen already fitted. I presume that I will not have to supply and fit a new door frame. Paul Miller [Email Removed]

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Paul, Thanks for your enquiry and I apologise for the delayed response. To get answers of all your questions, I would advise you to visit your local store. Currently Eden 75 is on sale but that depends on the stock availability.
Usually this door can be installed in existing door frame if it is in good condition and has not moved. Our sales consultant can advise you about this upon inspection.

Beginners
Beginners

We have just installed fibreglass doors. Bit worried as they seem to have big gap under door. Not sure the rubber seals on bottom are going to be watertight. Has anyone had any experience with these doors?

Cindy

Hi there, how long does it take for supply and installation of a new front door once ordered?

Julie Rowles
Julie Rowles

Hi Cindy ,
It took about 6 weeks

Hi there Cindy,
They told me 6 weeks but took 4 months and many phone calls that I have lost count on.

Wow such a long time!

Rob
Rob

2 weeks

Kath C.

To be honest their customer service that I experienced was appalling and therefor would not use again or recommend.

Felix
Felix

I've also had a terrible experience with Doorsplus, Springvale. They're an incompetent bunch. I'd suggest people find their own carpenter and arrange the doors through them. Doorsplus do not use qualified carpenters! I asked the guy that installed my doors if he was a carpenter to which he replied that he was a handyman not a carpenter.

Hello Cindy, Thanks for your enquiry
Lead time depends on door you choose being in stock and carpenter availability.
Sales team will be able to assist you with estimated lead time based on your selection.

Jason

Stay away from doors plus go to a small independent Gus is a robot and they don't care 3 months for doors to be installed wrong 9 months to fix it due to there continuous errors and still not done custom doors 30 and 40mm to small avoid them at all cost

Belinda E.
Belinda E.

If I want to install an interior door, do you sell the door in the frame?

Bev B.
Bev B.

Hi Belinda,
I’m the consumer not the supplier, however I do know the frame and Jam etc has to be installed before the door is installed, I’m unsure if doors plus supply frames? I’m sure they will be able to answer your question by phone or email. The team at MacGregor have always been able to answer all my queries.

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Belinda, We do offer framework, architraves and various other accessories. Please see in store where our sales team will be able to assist you with selection and formlaised quote.

Mark
Mark

Does Doors Plus install the Guardian 2 in 1 front door on the Sunshine Coast?

Mark in Tewantin.

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Mark, Sure, our Stafford store will be able to service your area.
Let me share the store details for you here:
external link

Hi,

How long should it take to have a stacker door made and installed once progress payments are made and the area has been measured?

Cheers,

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Duncan, The lead time offered will start from the time of check measure is done. Standard Stacker takes approximately 4-5 weeks.

Byme

Dear doors plus. In light of all the negative comments about your products and customer service, what are you doing to improve? Why would I ever risk buying from you?

carnabombers
carnabombers

I'm not doors plus but a customer. I received excellent customer service, the price was good, delivery on time and the installer did his job.

Happy customer
Happy customer

I am also a customer and agree with the previous responder, I have had only good service, punctuality, expectations met and excellent post-sales support.

Byme

Unfortunately not all have that experience, as evidenced by both the poor reviews here and the personal experience of someone I know

Seline
Seline

I had a terrible experience with Doors Plus Mitcham (Victoria) and would recommend you stay well clear of them

Jason

I would never use or recommend doors plus especially there Stafford store and there head office is a robot with no answer or solution to anything

Colin C.

I have contacted doors plus customer service regarding bi fold doors problems. I realise they are out of warranty, but wish to have problem fixed. No reply from email.

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Colin Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that.
Can you please re send it to customerservice@doorsplus.com.au.
A customer service representative will help reach a resolution.

Colin C.

I have already sent them an email and they haven’t responded

Colin C.

This is the response from a second email. Hi,

Our warranty period on hardware is covered for 12 months. We only service these issues for a further 12 months after the warranty period ends.

As this order is now over 5 and a half years old, we will no longer service this.

You will need to arrange this with your own handyman.
Pretty poor I think.

Andrew
Andrew

Hi what is the maximum size a single guardian 2 in 1 door comes in?

james napier
james napier

Andrew, I recently had one of these doors installed at the rear of my house. I decided not to take up the offer of prepainting as this incurred a further $300.00 and we had not decided on colour etc. I strongly advise you to carefully inspect this product before purchasing. The seal on the middle glass door is not sealed against the wood and this allows rain coming through the security mesh to pass under the seal (the mitred seal is also unsealed. I can see places on the door joints that weather can effect. I also dont think the door is constructed of solid timber. I really can't be bothered with a protracted debate with Doors Plus but will simply try rectifying the problems that i see and hope that my attemps to paint/seal will last some time. Check the edges of this product as it appears hardboard is used, moisture ingress here will create a problem. I am about to start painting and can see that painting around both mesh and seal is going to be a "nightmare" Personally I cannot recommend this product! Good luck!

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Andrew Thanks for your question.
Our Guardians come in 2040x820x40 & 2040x870x40 off the shelf however we can custom make them up to 2400x1200x40. We have 100% solid timber versions and we also have MDF versions.
In regards to James comment, the solid timber Guardians are clear lacquered behind the rubbers and and between the screen and door.
Best to pop into a branch and have a look in person and see the different options we can offe.r

Bunks
Bunks

I have a zone living bi fold door. The top bolt has come out resulting in the door not on the tracks. Plus the push button lock has broken. Is there any way to get this door repaired?

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Bunks Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that.
Please email customerservice@doorsplus.com.au with your order number, concerns and photos. A customer service representative will look into this for you.

Vinod Kumar
Vinod Kumar

My email is not working

simone c.
simone c.

Do you quote and install

Anna papaziakas
Anna papaziakas

Need to get some quotes

Terry and Helen Keogh
Terry and Helen Keogh

Anna, We went with the “swinging door”, which at that stage was “on special”. Helen wanted more light in the laundry. The “sliding door” into the laundry we went with the “standard sliding door“ which was available. We did NOT get quotes.

Doors Plus   DM

Hello Anna Thanks for reaching out.
We can definitely help with a quote.
We encourage customers to visit their nearest showrooms to view and choose from hundred of options and designs we offer. Once you have chosen everything in person, a trained sales consultant can visit your home for a free in home measure and quote.

In the meantime, take a look at our monthly specials in the link below:

external link

Hope this helps!

David-48

For our Guardian 2 in one door, we need a "door handle stop" on the wall to stop the glass door handle damaging the wall when the full door is opened from the outside.
Any ideas where I can get a suitable stop?

Doors Plus   DM

Hello David Thanks for your questions and i apologise for the delay in my response.
I would suggest looking at your local hardware store otherwise i am not sure where you can purchase them from.

Hi Gus,
We have found, but not yet implemented a solution.
Our son suggested a resilient stop that contacts the glass, rather than the handle. He said it would actually be less impact on the glass than using the handle.
Dave.

Minu A.
Minu A.

what is 100100 canopy tinted?

Doors Plus   DM

Hello, This refers to a Canopy, a product that Doors Plus can provide, that can be installed above a doorway, to provide some protection. The code you have mentioned in the SKU code for that product.

Thankyou