Dream Baby Retractable

Dream Baby Retractable

F820 and L820

See the Best Safety Gates in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bubby

BubbyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well

It works well it is easy to use and keeps my dog where he's supposed to be but I find it a bit awkward to use if you have your hands full as you need both hands to use it so it has pro's and con's but overall I'm happy with it as it does what it's suppose to do

Ash

AshSydney

My baby can open this !!

This gate is a joke and should be taken off the Australian market before someone has an accident. My baby managed to push on it which makes it spring out of its flimsy little holders and retract open in a flash. My baby is a petite 3 percentile one year old who is not yet able to crawl ie not a big strong baby. I have a video of her doing this! I will attach if possible .. Very hard to do up. Should be the other way around. 8 year old step son can’t open it which additionally makes it impossible for top of stairs. Don’t buy this.

StefA

StefA

Don't buy this!!!! Zero stars!

Molly

MollyPerth

Great gate, pity about the recent changes to latches

Kaltsy3388

Kaltsy3388Adelaide

Can be fiddly

The idea is absolutely fantastic for this gate and it has saved us a lot of mucking round with other gates. I have one at the top of my stairs so my daughter cant get down. It works well, however if you don't lock it in properly (and sometimes you don't even realise) the kids can pull down on it. My husband doesnt think to check the tension on it and make sure it cluxls to lock the retract. I was down the bottom of the stairs and saw a foot trying to get over it. It's just being aware of how it locks in and making sure it is and no slack in it.

The retract function can be fiddly and winding it back can tangle around itself.

Apart from that it is quite a good gate which has been a great help at bath time.

Good idea, just way too difficult to bother

I bought this for the bottom of our staircase. Being a relatively wide staircase 1350mm it seemed like the perfect solution. It is not.
it is clumsy and difficult to close. Noisy when it retracts. Care must be taken to extend it in one motion and get the bottom and top to hook into their respective catches at the same time. This sometimes requires you to kneel and latch the bottom of the gate.
The noise when retracted is horrendous, and once again a clumsy two handed operation and need to be guided back onto its roller to ensure a neat retract.
I wish I went for a more conventional child gate and save myself the frustration.

Great concepts, shame it is designed based on the 'perfect house'!

The concept of this gate is great which is why I purchased it! Unfortunately, there is a very small difference between the width of the doorway at the bottom of the gate and the top. I imagine like the majority of homes this is a very common thing as not everything is built or stays mm perfect! This means the gate does not tension and requires the use of two hands, and bending down to release the lower locking hook.

Without being tensioned, it defeats the purpose of having a gate. Needing two hands and having to bend over to operate it make the gate more frustrating to use than worth bothering with. Sent back.

Carole DGold Coast

Very happy with retractable gate

The retractable gate is perfect for the bottom of the stairs. It is easy to use for adults but difficult for the little ones. It makes a noise when opening or closing but if you don't want to make a noise when you are doing it (if the babies/toddlers are sleeping) - just hold it while it is retracting (this would be difficult for the little ones to do). It looks ok too - I am completely happy with our choice. If only I could find something as suitable for the top of the stairs!
looks good, great for bottom of stairs

Carole D

Just to make it clearer - to stop the gate from making a noise when opening and closing it - turn and hold the knob with your left hand whilst guiding the retractable gate with your right hand

scottt

scotttGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Has its faults but does the job