Dresden  Vision

Physical store, Online store

2 questions from our users

Tino

Tinoasked

Hi I like the concept of modular glasses and the availability of parts. Prices are good for only the standard lens though.

Why I can't get lenses with both anti-reflective coating, AND anti-scratch? And why are you anti scratch prices astronomical? Looking at Zenni, this is included in their price and a hell lot cheaper.

I don't mind paying a bit more for local, and am a big fan of your modular, closed loop system, but the prices of your coatings is suspiciously inflated.

onstrevu
onstrevu

Tino you would need to direct this question to Dresden Vision. My comment was related specifically to my persona experience.

Lori N.

Lori N.asked

How can you sell lenses for a very small portion of every optical store? Please don't say because they RIP us off. I'd really like a better answer.

Dresden Vision
Matt M.Dresden Vision

Hi Lori N,

Unfortunately, that is often the case. If you think about glasses they are really a small collection of quality pieces of plastic (nylon in our case) and maybe some metal for a hinge, or frame, etc.

They are almost always mass produced in a factory in China, and the manufacturing and sale is controlled by a small group of companies.

The lenses are also plastic.

We have own own factory in Sydney, we make use of automation, and we use injection moulding with no metal parts to make our glasses. This is not particularly different to how the big firms do it.

Have a look at this article - https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/may/10/the-invisible-power-of-big-glasses-eyewear-industry-essilor-luxottica

Or take a look at the work David Lazarus of the LA Times has been doing on the same issue - https://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-glasses-lenscrafters-luxottica-monopoly-20190305-story.html and other stories.

Regards,