Car Renter, Car Owner

• Received Booked Vehicle

Sam J

Sam JSydney, NSW

Confused

Clean record, accident and credit file and still got rejected for an unknown reason. The employees couldn’t assist me or give me a reason. Pretty frustrating if you ask me

Matt M.

Matt M.Sydney, NSW

Booking cars that are not even available!!

Booking cars that are not even available!! Booked a long term rental for 6 months, spoke to 3 different staff members to ensure the vehicle I wanted was definitely available, was confirmed with each conversation! Then paid the $500 bond and the $280 weekly payment - got my booking confirmation, confirmed a pick up day and time with Suttons City - arrived to dealer and was advised the car was not even available, then they tried to offer me another vehicle with max of 150kms per day when the one I booked was unlimited KMs.... Would not recommend this company or service to anyone. Very unprofessional and inconvenient!!

DriveMyCar T.Drive My Car

Bad communication and they delete bookings without telling you

DavidSydney, NSW

Bait advertiser or incompetent - either way give them a miss

My request for a car was declined because the car was not available - Yet it was listed as being available on the site along with 4 other identical vehicles and 7 similar vehicles from the same owner at the same location for the 7 days I was requesting. I was offered another car 20 km away. I was seeking something for pickup and drop off close to me so this offer was worthless. To show multiple cars as being available and then suddenly they are not is either incompetence or Bait Advertising. Also 48 hours to confirm a booking? Not exactly 21st Century. By the time I found out it was too late to make other arrangements.

David

Look if the car or in this case car(s) are not available then they should not be listed as available. Advertising goods and services as available when they are not is Bait Advertising. Don’t do it, It’s illegal

Do NOT use this company

I give up

At first glance they seem to have a good range of cars at great prices.

When I tried to book cars, the bookings were cancelled twice! After the first cancellation I wrote to them asking them why and asking them to take the car off their site, if it is not available. They responded promptly to my queries, but wouldn't give me any real reason, other than it must be unavailable and encouraging me to try another car. Both the cars I tried to book are still showing as available for my dates and still come up as the first options in my search. In order to save their own reputation they need to take the cars off their site if the owners are turning down bookings. I'm wondering if they actually have any of these cars available?

Worst Car Hire Company!!! Do Not Rent Car Here! Racist!!!!

Worst service

I booked a car but they didn’t delivered as it was not available.. but the same thing repeated for 3 times .. not a reliable service. Honestly I ask if you are not sure about the delivery of the vehicle then why do you advertise it saying it as available.?

DriveMyCar T.Drive My Car

Hi Nik, I'm sorry that the owners of these cars declined your booking requests. This can happen if the owner is using their car. Our team will always continue to work with you to get you into another car.

Dgleeson

DgleesonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

5 day confirmation period

From a cost perspective the platform looks very interesting, but the platform on how they confirm the booking is ridiculous. I tried booking a car which showed 'available' on the web site for the dates chosen only to be rejected by the owner 3 days later..... I then booked another car immediately and only after I called them was in informed it was also not available. Given it takes 48hrs to confirm I had to go to Avis.... disaster.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing car hire

Because drive my car is not the owner, your dealing with a 3 party and that's a problem. Poor communication on where pick up at airport. Inexperienced staff at pickup and drop off. Bogus damage claim day after drop off. Car was dirty inside from previous rental and many scratches and a dent on panels. Not what I was expecting.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry ASV50R / AVV50R
Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a worse vehicle
Juanita S

Juanita SAU

Beware and Check your bank account

Ripped off deposit

Customer service was great..no probs there.
But be aware they will take all your deposit for bogus claims..
Car cleaning / panel damage / scratches etc
Car was immaculate when dropped back.. my wife spent 2hrs cleaning and not a mark or scratch anywhere.
I blame the second party contractors at The car storage doing the inspections etc.
Never again ..
Don't get caught out..

Chris Du

Chris Du

Beware of privacy intrusion

I booked a car, signed the agreement and provided required documents for identity verification. They later declined my booking saying my credit rating is not good enough. I was completely shocked... since when a car rental company can access customers’ credit score? I checked Australian privacy law and clearly they are not authorised to do so. I am in the process of lodging a complaint to the office of Australian Information Commissioner and I will provide an update here once I get a response. The irony is apparently my credit rating is good enough to get a loan to buy a $75,000 car, but not good enough to rent a $30k car for 7 days from these guys :)

PATHETIC EXPERIENCE AND BEWARE OF DRIVEMYCAR:

Beware if hiring for Uber. Terrible service

Isind

IsindMelbourne

Very deceitful / unprofessional / Scammers

This is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. They will accuse you of a minor mark (which was not caused by you in the first place) and will try to take away (steal) your excess. You try and call them to ask about what’s going and they make up some excuse or they don’t even answer their phones.
They will stress you out so much that you will hate your life and regret ever renting a car with them.
If you are reading this, please do yourself a favour and do not rent a car from this company. It may be seem cheaper but will end up costing you much much more and will make your life a living hell. You have been warned.

Goldman

Goldman

Worst Company I have ever dealt with

The nicety stops after you rent the car. They will do what ever it takes to keep your deposit, by charging what ever they feel like for what ever reason. They will charge you arms and legs just to clean a small thing left in the car.

DriveMyCar T.Drive My Car

Hi Goldman, please call us on 02 8889 3645 so we can look into this matter for you.

WinwinSydney

If your an owner of a car be warned!

Winwin

Once again information I have requested many times before. But contradictory to what you have emailed in the past.
I will never use drive my car again

Balwinder Singh

Balwinder SinghTasmania

Disgrace

One of the worst Car hire company in Melbourne. Don't care about their customer only after money. Always try to find way to extort more money from customer.
Response time is very poor I will only give a big ZERO. My advised please pay a little bit extra and stay away from this company. I received my bond after 3 weeks which should be normally 1 week. Even though I was not at fault I paid $2000 excess as per their terms and conditions. It almost one month and still waiting for my refund. I have sent several emails but no response at all. I even made a numerous phone call but same NO RESPONSE. So think twice before you hire car from this company.

False advertising

Quoted 1 price over live chat next day they told me it was a wrong price and increased it by $17 a day
Have them plenty of opportunity to come back to me with the deal I was told but No
False advertising
Don’t use

DriveMyCar T.Drive My Car

Hi Tracey, the advertised price on our website is the total price you pay. There are discounts for long term rentals. We apologise that the calculated discount price provided to you was not correct.