Car Renter, Car Owner

• Received Booked Vehicle

Sam J

Sam JSydney, NSW

Confused

Clean record, accident and credit file and still got rejected for an unknown reason. The employees couldn’t assist me or give me a reason. Pretty frustrating if you ask me

Matt M.

Matt M.Sydney, NSW

Booking cars that are not even available!!

Booking cars that are not even available!! Booked a long term rental for 6 months, spoke to 3 different staff members to ensure the vehicle I wanted was definitely available, was confirmed with each conversation! Then paid the $500 bond and the $280 weekly payment - got my booking confirmation, confirmed a pick up day and time with Suttons City - arrived to dealer and was advised the car was not even available, then they tried to offer me another vehicle with max of 150kms per day when the one I booked was unlimited KMs.... Would not recommend this company or service to anyone. Very unprofessional and inconvenient!!

DriveMyCar T.Drive My Car

Bad communication and they delete bookings without telling you

DavidSydney, NSW

Bait advertiser or incompetent - either way give them a miss

My request for a car was declined because the car was not available - Yet it was listed as being available on the site along with 4 other identical vehicles and 7 similar vehicles from the same owner at the same location for the 7 days I was requesting. I was offered another car 20 km away. I was seeking something for pickup and drop off close to me so this offer was worthless. To show multiple cars as being available and then suddenly they are not is either incompetence or Bait Advertising. Also 48 hours to confirm a booking? Not exactly 21st Century. By the time I found out it was too late to make other arrangements.

David

Look if the car or in this case car(s) are not available then they should not be listed as available. Advertising goods and services as available when they are not is Bait Advertising. Don’t do it, It’s illegal

Efficient digital sign-up process

DriveMyCar T.Drive My Car

Thanks Geoff for the very clear review. We appreciate that sometimes the process isn't always 100% perfect but we do our best to make the car rental experience as easy as possible. Thank you!

Do NOT use this company

I give up

At first glance they seem to have a good range of cars at great prices.

When I tried to book cars, the bookings were cancelled twice! After the first cancellation I wrote to them asking them why and asking them to take the car off their site, if it is not available. They responded promptly to my queries, but wouldn't give me any real reason, other than it must be unavailable and encouraging me to try another car. Both the cars I tried to book are still showing as available for my dates and still come up as the first options in my search. In order to save their own reputation they need to take the cars off their site if the owners are turning down bookings. I'm wondering if they actually have any of these cars available?

Oleg

Oleg

simple to set up the account, easy to proceed with bookings

Team is very responsive. Very easy to set up the account. Easy to communicate. Cars match as advertised. I use the company for 3 years mainly for Uber. Any inquiries are answered in a quick manner.

DriveMyCar T.Drive My Car

Thanks Oleg, we appreciate your support! If you ever need a car for Uber driving, we're happy to help.

TheCoastie

TheCoastieSydney, NSW

Convenient Car Hire

Ive been with DriveMyCar for almost 3 years now and overall the vehicles and customer service has been great. Only issue is the accounts department which has charged the wrong accounts on numerous times, and blame the system for not properly removing accounts, as requested. Accounts definitely needs to be improved to not feel like an offshore processing department.
Would also be great to have more new cars to hire from manufacturers as previously available from Subaru and Peugeot. Manufacturer promo deals have disappeared for over 12 months now. Disappointed.

Find out how Drive My Car compares to other Car Rental Services

Good service and reasonably priced

Have used Drive My Car regularly and have always received great service. Rentals have been reasonably priced and the cars in good condition. Airport pick ups / drop offs have been simple. Would recommend.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service

The car we hired was a mercedes and was in excellent condition. The customer service was excellent. We had one little hiccup but was sorted out very quickly. Overall very happy and would use this company again.

Worst Car Hire Company!!! Do Not Rent Car Here! Racist!!!!

Very Good service

My 1st DMC experience, very good service, especially Jasper and his fleet team, bond refunded within a week, car in tip-top condition, will definitely look for him again and recommend this to all my friends.

Worst service

I booked a car but they didn’t delivered as it was not available.. but the same thing repeated for 3 times .. not a reliable service. Honestly I ask if you are not sure about the delivery of the vehicle then why do you advertise it saying it as available.?

DriveMyCar T.Drive My Car

Hi Nik, I'm sorry that the owners of these cars declined your booking requests. This can happen if the owner is using their car. Our team will always continue to work with you to get you into another car.

Dgleeson

DgleesonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

5 day confirmation period

From a cost perspective the platform looks very interesting, but the platform on how they confirm the booking is ridiculous. I tried booking a car which showed 'available' on the web site for the dates chosen only to be rejected by the owner 3 days later..... I then booked another car immediately and only after I called them was in informed it was also not available. Given it takes 48hrs to confirm I had to go to Avis.... disaster.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing car hire

Because drive my car is not the owner, your dealing with a 3 party and that's a problem. Poor communication on where pick up at airport. Inexperienced staff at pickup and drop off. Bogus damage claim day after drop off. Car was dirty inside from previous rental and many scratches and a dent on panels. Not what I was expecting.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry ASV50R / AVV50R
Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a worse vehicle
Juanita S

Juanita SAU

Beware and Check your bank account

Ripped off deposit

Customer service was great..no probs there.
But be aware they will take all your deposit for bogus claims..
Car cleaning / panel damage / scratches etc
Car was immaculate when dropped back.. my wife spent 2hrs cleaning and not a mark or scratch anywhere.
I blame the second party contractors at The car storage doing the inspections etc.
Never again ..
Don't get caught out..

Chris Du

Chris Du

Beware of privacy intrusion

I booked a car, signed the agreement and provided required documents for identity verification. They later declined my booking saying my credit rating is not good enough. I was completely shocked... since when a car rental company can access customers’ credit score? I checked Australian privacy law and clearly they are not authorised to do so. I am in the process of lodging a complaint to the office of Australian Information Commissioner and I will provide an update here once I get a response. The irony is apparently my credit rating is good enough to get a loan to buy a $75,000 car, but not good enough to rent a $30k car for 7 days from these guys :)

PATHETIC EXPERIENCE AND BEWARE OF DRIVEMYCAR: