3.1

2.9
4.5

Verona
VeronaPerth, WA2 posts

Not interested in after sales concerns

I wrote a letter of concern to Driveaway re one of the hire companies they deal with in Italy. My concerns were ignored.

They are selling products where the same company has been fined by the ACCC. Europcar is practicing the same unfair terms in Italy as it was fined in Australia

They should not be promoting companies who are dishonest and have scams operating which disadvantage the consumer.

They should be selling hire cars from ethical companies and not fraudulent companies as it reflects back on their own company. Show details

Steve H
Steve HSydney, NSW5 posts

Zero after sale service

We recently leased a vehicle for an 8 week holiday in Europe from Driveaway Sydney but will never use them again. Everything was easy to arrange and the vehicle was fine, until we had an issue and discovered there was zero support. We needed to fix a navigation issue and the answer when we called Sydney was "sorry we can't help you". We even tried to obtain help directly in Europe but there is absolutely no support network.
Such a sad end to what could have been a wonderful experience with good customer service. Show details
DriveAway Holidays
DriveAway Holidays   DM
B.M.B
B.M.BHunter Region, NSW4 posts

3 hires in the USA

Have used this company for the past 15 years, always fabulous service. This last trip cars hired at: Las Vegas, Jackson Hole and Calgary. All cars in excellent condition. I will keep on using Driveaway for all my overseas car hire. Show details ·  1
TimG
TimG4 posts

Hassle free rental in USA

We just got back from a trip where we did a one way rental from San Fran to LA. Driveaway was very competitive and the service by Alamo was really terrific. zero excess and additional driver was included and we got to choose our own car in the car park. Would recommend driveaway and Alamo in America. Show details ·  1
Gabriel Gaté
Gabriel GatéGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My favourite way to travel in France

I have booked a new car through Renault Eurodrive for my last 15 visits to France and orther european countries. It's a very attractive package of a well insured new car easy to organised. I can highly praised Karen from the drive away booking office in Australia for coordinating the booking in a most professional and gracious way. Show details ·  1
Droidster
DroidsterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Great Service & Extremely competitive

We hired a car for 3 weeks - Booked in Melbourne pick up Rome Airport.
The process for pick up @ Rome Airport was long (1.5 hrs) even though we had a reservation - this was due to AVIS having only 1 person on the front desk.
The car was exceptional - a Peugeot 3008 Auto which was a dream to drive.
I woul recommend DriveAway anytime - great communication, easy access to contact and you get what Class of vehicle you ask for. Show details ·  1
Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bondi Diver
Bondi DiverSydney, NSW2 posts

After 9 years patronage, still the best

I have rented a countless times from DA. A big issue with rental car companies. Every rental, has eclipsed my experience with any other agent, including renting directly from rental car companies. Any time I have had an issue with a weird charge (namely Europcar) DA sorts it out, with great communication, professionalism, and results. Glad they are still with us post-covid. Show details ·  1
Lawrie
LawrieSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Not fairdinkum and would not use them again

Was unable to fly to amsterdam to pick up the car that was booked and paid for over a month. This was due to world wide coronavirus. Refund has been absolutely shocking. We where also offered a voucher to use by end Oct,2020. There is no way we could get back this year so the voucher is useless. We have been right royally done. All other bookings we made have been very generous and we have had a great result, so we will try to give them business in the future but we will not use Drive away again because they have burnt us. Show details
Michael R.
Michael R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Forced to cancel

Myself and my wife booked a driving holiday in New Zealand with a 6 berth campervan. Due to the corona virus and New Zealand shutting their borders, we have now had to postpone our trip.

All other bookings including flights, hotels for our first 2 nights in New Zealand and activities have given us a refund or allowed us to postpone or given us full credit for when we re-book our trip apart from Driveaway. Driveaway will not give us credit and allow us top postpone, they have forced us to cancel. As they have forced us to cancel, we will lose over 70% of our money.

I will not book with Driveaway ever again.

Ron
RonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC41 posts

Bill
BillMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware of bookings with Avis

We booked cars in both UK and Europe through Driveaway. The UK rental was with Eurocar and was fine. The European rental was through Avis. Firstly our travel agent told us there was no one way fee when he booked the car. On collecting the car it was revealed that there was an €800 one way fee. We changed our itinerary to reduce this fee and suffered a car park door dent.
Avis charge €462 ($750AUD) for the damage. I obtained an online quoted of $165 (€100) from an Australian panel beater. I have since read that it is common practice for Avis to search for damage and charge exorbitantly. Show details
Jude
JudeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Refund pending!

Still waiting for our refund from Drive away Avis car holiday from Sept 2018.’On arrival take taxi to Bristol airport,retain receipt of taxi fare for refund by Driveaway Holidays on your return to Australia.’This was written in red on our itinerary.
Sandy4 posts

Excellent. Car booked in Oz for USA

The entire process was trouble free. We booked and fully paid in Oz for a rental car to be collected at Palm Springs in the USA - with DriveAway. It worked out far cheaper doing it this way. We made sure we got a package that covered all the different insurances. Hertz at Palm Springs could not have been nicer or more efficient. They also upgraded us free to a bigger car - a 2018 Nissan Sentra which was wonderful, comfortable and trouble free. The man on the desk at Hertz was so helpful. There were no hassles at all when collecting or returning. No hidden charges. Well done Driveaway on helping to make our month car rental a simple process

Tash
TashBrisbane2 posts

Waiting on explanation of additional charges

Pre-booked and paid for hire car. Was unexpectedly charged an additional $127 without any notice or receipt. Still waiting on an explanation and my money back.