Ducati Monster 659

Ducati Monster 659 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Ducati? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

7 questions from our users

How do i get to the battery on my son's 659 Monster
2014 model i think?

Man not hot
Man not hotasked

Engine alarm on immobilizer . I have to push down the key and re rotate to switch it on . Also low beam and tickel charger not working.. Any help?

Graeme W

Hmmm, I see a visit to your local dealer in your future sir. Im totally useless with vehicle electrics, always have been, but have built many electronic bits for my hobbies without a problem, go figure.

Jason P
Jason Pasked

can any body tell me if the 2014 659 footpeg configuration is the same as the 2014 696 please? im trying to get single rearsets for my 659 and can only find 696. they look similar but i cant find and mounting bolt specs for either model.
thanks in advance

David
David
Bud
Budasked

Had my 659 from new for 18 months . Now it has a fault in the gearbox where it doesn't select gear. It has happened between 2nd and 3rd a couple of times and two days ago when selecting top cog passing a car. Anyone else have this happen?

Noel
Noelasked

Iv just bought a 2013 659abs and so far its great except for the rear break! I find that it has to be pushed down a fair way before you feel anything. The front it instant bite, its really good. Does the rear need to be bled/adjusted? There's almost 11k kms on it so its nearly due a service anyway

J .F.

The rear pads would be worn out. I replaced mine around 11k .Do your research, Replace them with decent pads, the ones i got are noisey.

Stable
Stable

Make sure the disc is not contaminated with armour all or WD40. Spray/wipe it over with Brakecleen or solvent.

Dave Shepherd
Dave Shepherdasked

Recently purchased 659 (non ABS model). The tail piece that carries indicators etc seems to be loose but the rubber mounted hex bolts are tight ??? Is this designed or do I have a leetle problem? Cheers.

Danny
Danny

Mate, I don't know. But I 'd suggest finding another one at a dealer somewhere and comparing. Then you'll know for sure. But sounds like a reasonably easy fix though (i hope).

Azzbot
Azzbot

I'm not sure either.

I put an r&g tail tidy on it the week I purchased it.

Hi Dave
I have put an after market tail tidy on my bike as well. So i can not give you a definite answer to your problem.

Other Naked Bikes