Ducati Scrambler Icon

Ducati Scrambler Icon

See the Best Naked Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best bike I've ever owned.

My First Ducati. Brought it brand new. I absolutely love it. Handles well. Nice and light. Plenty of power, with some off road capability. Low seat height making it easy for the shorter riders to own. Brembo brakes work a treat, with the added safety of the ABS system. Very cool retro styling. I have 2 other bikes but I always take out my Ducati. Awesome bike. Thank you Ducati.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

If today is Ducati I must be in Xmas

Having had the new Triumph "Bonneville" 900 Street Twin as my pin up bike for most of 2016 I decided to go in a slightly different retro direction and buy a 800 cc "L" twin Ducati Scrambler...the Icon Red option. The two bikes have overlapping appeal and cost the same money but the things that swung me towards the Scrambler were the lower weight, extra herbs, riding position and the fact that despite the Retro tag the Ducati was breaking slightly new ground whereas the new Street Twin, great bike as it is, represents something that already exists and has a bit of a warmed over feel to it. I took advantage of a Ducati franchise offer to trade off a hotter exhaust for a set of spoked wheels shod with Metzler road tyres...the original town & country pattern tyres are just fine but since my unsealed road riding will be about nil I opted for the pure road tyre and if I encounter the odd bit of rough that won't be an issue. One downside to switching to spokes is the need to go back to tubes so if you plan on being in the boonies think about your flat tyre recovery options...perhaps especially with the rear tyre which is a wide mother and you won't buy a spare tube for that size hoop just anywhere. The other consideration if touring away from frequent gas stations is the bikes small tank with its restricting range...about 120 miles in old money is as far as you get before the low fuel light comes on. Carrying 5 or 10 litres in a decent container is something else to give due consideration...including the facet of how hazardous that might be. Other mods performed were the installation of a Ventura grab rail for the memsahib and a pair of lower slightly narrower and lower Artrax handlebars that give you a bit more lean fwd which is beneficial at speed. A Kisan Technologies pathBlazer headlight modulator will go on soon. So what have we got...A damn fine easy to ride fun machine that is a ball in the city, a delight in the twisties and more than adequate on the bits in between. It's certainly a bike that draws its share of admiring looks and comments from bikers and non-bikers alike. There are certainly bikes out there that are smoother, faster and better tourers but if you're basically an urban cowboy of any age who ventures out of town in the weekends and does the odd tour on sealed or unsealed roads the Scrambler is a great weapon of choice.

Date PurchasedNov 2016