Dulux Aquanamel

Dulux Aquanamel

Semi Gloss, Gloss, Low Sheen

3.1

AshleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No problems if used correctly

Had initial issues with the applying old full gloss with a small roller sticking etc.
Decided to get a new tin and change to Semi Gloss.
Spoke with Dulux tech support and after using a 230mm wide Raylon roller 5mm NAP and a very light sand between it came up a treat! Apply as quickly as possible with reasonable amount of paint on the roller and minimise the rolling finish. The paint seems to settle down after completion.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$93.00.

michelle k.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Dulux Team.

Me QLD

Me QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will use again.

I bought this because I prefer water clean up. I bought brushes and rollers meant for gloss paint. I sanded back old wooden cabinets and painted with the vivid white. I took my time and waited a day between each coat. I did 3 coats with a very fine grade sand in between coats. No it is not as glossy as traditional enamel but I knew this by looking at the samples at bunnings. A year on the cabinet doors still look good.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Help & Advice Team.

Dionne

DionneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No good. Don't use it

Until I looked at these reviews I thought it was me. I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. 4 coats and it's patchy with heaps of brush strokes. I primed twice, sanded to begin with. I've painted so many houses with cheaper paint with much better results. The amount of coats I need is rediculous. The paint runs so I need to keep rechecking. Because it dries quickly it's hard to fix up when it runs. I'm so glad it's not me.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$90.00.

Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Dulux Aquanamel compares to other Paints & Varnishes

jss02

jss02Brisbane

Only works if applied by spray

Rolling or brushing this paint leaves a lousy finish and is not worth bothering. It always shows brush lines or roller stipple. I use an airless sprayer and it goes on ok, with some caveats. Best results if you can lay the items flat, it smooths out to a brilliant finish, but upright doors and skirting boards, the finish is much more matte. The problem with airless though is it throws tails no matter what size tip or pressure I use, so it has to be watered down at least 15% which then causes runs. So, it’s a very frustrating product to use. I’ve heard Dulux Steriguard sprays without these issues, but will personally try Dulux Fast Finish next week. Aquanamel is also excessively expensive in Australia and coverage is poor to average.

Purchased in January 2020 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$200.00.

Jay

JayPerth, WA

Gluggy paint, doesn't flow and not good for brush work on trims at all.

After a bad experience with Dulux Super Enamel going yellow, I decided to switch to Dulux Aqua Enamel.

The paint is OK but extremely gluggy and difficult to make flow. So expect lots and lots of brush marks.
The paint has a very latex and stretchy feel to it. The finish is not good and it would honestly look better doing your trims in ceiling paint.

May be OK with a roller.

Since trying other brands of water based enamel for trims and windows, I would not recommend and will never use this paint again.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Juzzy

JuzzyQld

Not user friendly

Purchased for A$80.00.

Oscar

OscarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay away, there are better paints and cheaper. Shocking product.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

James S.Dulux
Hobarttown

HobarttownHobart, TAS

Pls see comments below

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Coverage

You have to learn from mistakes

I found trouble like others but did everyone follow the specks? I.e. useing precision max strenght primer underneath? I have spray doors on there flat using oil based primer then aquanamel. Looked great for about 10 mins before millions of tiny bubbles appeared. I still use the oil primer for its sandability to block flat then max strenght primer. I've been getting some flat finish with no orange peel almost like auto finish. I love it

Purchased in January 2019 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$1.00.

Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Dulux Aquanamel compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Pike

PikeBNE

Bought a piano - a pianist? not quite

Purchased in May 2019.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux
Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Product

Totally useless if you are painting a door, it shows all paint strokes when you attempt to lay off
It results in a patchy door, I painted the door twice and it was still useless
Dries much to quickly to enable sections to blend
I will never use it again

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$30.00.

Lincoln

LincolnSydney, NSW

Best product

More durable, non yellowing and easier to apply than enamel and flows nicely when appling. I have used both enamel and aquanamel and this product is superior and surpasses the performance of enamel. Thank you Dulux. Used it for over 5 years now wouldnt use anything else.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$81.00.

Hi Lincoln
Great to hear of your experiences with Dulux Aquanamel, if you have more projects in mind, call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25, (option 2) who will be more than happy to assist you.
Regards, The Dulux Team

Henry M.

Henry M.asked

Aquanamel

Hi there, I've applied this to skirting, doors and window sashes. The paint is translucent in appearance and the second coat still does not give depth to cover. I have used vivid white off the shelf and its like there isn't enough white tint in the mix. I have stirred it twice for extra measure but still no difference.
How can I sort out this problem.
Cheers Harry

Ashley

Sorry have not had this issue so not sure how to sort out your problem. Probably best you give Dulux Tech support a call.

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Henry, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our aquanamel paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we would like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 357390, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Customer Service Team.

Tibor

Vivid white is the base of all whites there's not much coverage as it's got no tint in it, try something like vic builders white. Aqua enamel itself will be translucent and will need the same color undercoat.

Curiousasked

Aquanamel Semi Gloss

Hi there, what timber putty/sealer would you recommend to use with a Aquanamel paint on timber skirting as I have got bubbles on all the nail holes previously filled, under latex then double coated in aquanamel? I was told Aquanamel draws water out of the sealers?? Any recommendations to ensure no bubbles?

Ashley

When using Aquanemel I prepared the old surface well before using Dulux 1 step pre coat paint before applying the Semi Gloss. Had no problems with the Polyfilla for Doors and Trims product to fill holes etc.

Curious

Thank you - Yes, used total prep prior to 2 coats of aquanamel, but since the application (over 6mths) the putty has been drawn out of the hole to make a bubble... was told if the putty/filla was water based it would do this?? Just thought I might be able to see the names of product recommended for prep with this paint.

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Aquanamel Semi Gloss paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we would like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 350314, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Customer Service Team.

Alysha W.

Alysha W.asked

Aquanamel

can you use aquanamel on bathroom and kitchen tiles

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Alysha Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Dulux Aquanamel! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Customer Service Team.

I wouldn't

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives