Dulux Aquanamel

2.3

TimW

TimWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Care needed.

Used on trim with a brush and was pretty pleased. Tried to roll it onto doors and it's been difficult. It dries too quick and goes tacky which means the final roller strokes disturb the finish. I guess the trick is to complete each door in one go really quickly - but I'm just not that good.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

belinda b.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Tim ! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Dulux Team.

Me QLD

Me QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will use again.

I bought this because I prefer water clean up. I bought brushes and rollers meant for gloss paint. I sanded back old wooden cabinets and painted with the vivid white. I took my time and waited a day between each coat. I did 3 coats with a very fine grade sand in between coats. No it is not as glossy as traditional enamel but I knew this by looking at the samples at bunnings. A year on the cabinet doors still look good.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Help & Advice Team.

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gets great results with the right technique

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$70.00.

belinda b.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track The Dulux Team.

Puncstorta

PuncstortaPeel, WA

Very ugly result.

This paint dries in about 10 seconds so it is impossible to finish a simple kitchen cabinet door smooth, without brush marks and rugged paint marks. I tried thinning a little but no difference. It costs almost double then other paints.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

michelle k.Dulux

Waste of money and time

This Paint produces horrible results using a brush application. It does not flow what so ever and leaves heavy brush marks. Bunnings should advise this to their customers when specifying it!
It will leave you frustrated and having to resanding your frames.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

jss02

jss02Brisbane

Only works if applied by spray

Rolling or brushing this paint leaves a lousy finish and is not worth bothering. It always shows brush lines or roller stipple. I use an airless sprayer and it goes on ok, with some caveats. Best results if you can lay the items flat, it smooths out to a brilliant finish, but upright doors and skirting boards, the finish is much more matte. The problem with airless though is it throws tails no matter what size tip or pressure I use, so it has to be watered down at least 15% which then causes runs. So, it’s a very frustrating product to use. I’ve heard Dulux Steriguard sprays without these issues, but will personally try Dulux Fast Finish next week. Aquanamel is also excessively expensive in Australia and coverage is poor to average.

Purchased in January 2020 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$200.00.

Jay

JayPerth, WA

Gluggy paint, doesn't flow and not good for brush work on trims at all.

After a bad experience with Dulux Super Enamel going yellow, I decided to switch to Dulux Aqua Enamel.

The paint is OK but extremely gluggy and difficult to make flow. So expect lots and lots of brush marks.
The paint has a very latex and stretchy feel to it. The finish is not good and it would honestly look better doing your trims in ceiling paint.

May be OK with a roller.

Since trying other brands of water based enamel for trims and windows, I would not recommend and will never use this paint again.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Oscar

OscarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay away, there are better paints and cheaper. Shocking product.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

James S.Dulux
Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

Terrible coverage.

Bought Dulux paint as we perceived it as a premium brand to paint our new house. What a mistake that was. All products we used had very poor coverage and required multiple applications to achieve average results.

Switched to another brand and got the rest of the job done in a fraction of the time that it took to paint with Dulux.

Purchased in January 2020.

Find out how Dulux Aquanamel compares to other Paints & Varnishes

I don't think this is a traditional gloss

Swear by Dulux all my 40 yrs of DIY but this aqua enamel gloss leaves a lot to be desired. Great prep with primer, 2 coats with light sand in between on doors and skirtings but the finish looks like an emulsion with a low sheen. Looks like remedial work and re-doing with the oil-based high gloss enamel. First complaint of Dulux in all my years - very disappointed.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$80.00.

Gregory L

Gregory LSouth East Queensland, QLD

They wrecked oil base now we have to put up with this rubbish

Im not like many others here as I've been a professional painter for 40 years,they have changed the formula in the oil based paint and the yellowing is happening within a month. We are now forced to use this rubbish, it's a step back in quality by a thousand percent. I can no longer hold my head high when I paint a house,I'm so ashamed it has come to this.
Nothing else to say

Purchased in January 2020 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$150.00.

Gavin T.

Gavin T.Sydney, NSW

This paint should be TERMINATED

Purchased in July 2019.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux
Hobarttown

HobarttownHobart, TAS

Pls see comments below

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Waste of money

Dulux AquanamelTerrible finish on our doors. Painted loads of doors before, never had a issue with other brands of paint. Purchased 10L ....what a waste of money. Do not recommend this product at all. Doors looked like orange peel finish when dried....all pitted, then tried a good brush...you could see every brush stroke.

Purchased in May 2019.

henry h.Dulux

You have to learn from mistakes

I found trouble like others but did everyone follow the specks? I.e. useing precision max strenght primer underneath? I have spray doors on there flat using oil based primer then aquanamel. Looked great for about 10 mins before millions of tiny bubbles appeared. I still use the oil primer for its sandability to block flat then max strenght primer. I've been getting some flat finish with no orange peel almost like auto finish. I love it

Purchased in January 2019 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$1.00.

MannyjenSydney, NSW

Awful results with many coats on both oil and water based primers

I used a water based stain blocker (2 coats on wood windows) then coats aquanamel. Finish was terrrinle, bleed through was bad. I sanded right back to bare wood, used an oil based primer (2 coats, looked great) then tried aquanamel. After 4 coats I gave up. Finish very patchy. Used same system on door frames, on the 3rd coat (see images). I. Am going to sand back, use oil based primer and oil based topcoat because the finish is. Much better with just one coat of topcoat. The consistency is flour and water, I think I’d get better coverage if I did use flour and water tbh.
Also layers ripped off when removing masking tap. Chipped v easily.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Lincoln

LincolnSydney, NSW

Best product

More durable, non yellowing and easier to apply than enamel and flows nicely when appling. I have used both enamel and aquanamel and this product is superior and surpasses the performance of enamel. Thank you Dulux. Used it for over 5 years now wouldnt use anything else.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$81.00.

Hi Lincoln
Great to hear of your experiences with Dulux Aquanamel, if you have more projects in mind, call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25, (option 2) who will be more than happy to assist you.
Regards, The Dulux Team

Neil

NeilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just don’t

Had external windows repainted twice now, paint splits, peels and is thin. In forty years in the building industry I have never had finishes fail on a project. Rep came out to site advised it was poor prep the first time, painter brought back and stripped and sanded back to wood, primed and repainted, now 6 months later cracking and peeling again.
Know need to look for a new product and redo whole job again, paint jobs on my other projects have always lasted 15 years or more..

Purchased in April 2018 for A$2,000.00.

Henry M.

Henry M.asked

Aquanamel

Hi there, I've applied this to skirting, doors and window sashes. The paint is translucent in appearance and the second coat still does not give depth to cover. I have used vivid white off the shelf and its like there isn't enough white tint in the mix. I have stirred it twice for extra measure but still no difference.
How can I sort out this problem.
Cheers Harry

Ashley

Sorry have not had this issue so not sure how to sort out your problem. Probably best you give Dulux Tech support a call.

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Henry, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our aquanamel paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we would like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 357390, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Customer Service Team.

Tibor

Vivid white is the base of all whites there's not much coverage as it's got no tint in it, try something like vic builders white. Aqua enamel itself will be translucent and will need the same color undercoat.

Curiousasked

Aquanamel Semi Gloss

Hi there, what timber putty/sealer would you recommend to use with a Aquanamel paint on timber skirting as I have got bubbles on all the nail holes previously filled, under latex then double coated in aquanamel? I was told Aquanamel draws water out of the sealers?? Any recommendations to ensure no bubbles?

Ashley

When using Aquanemel I prepared the old surface well before using Dulux 1 step pre coat paint before applying the Semi Gloss. Had no problems with the Polyfilla for Doors and Trims product to fill holes etc.

Curious

Thank you - Yes, used total prep prior to 2 coats of aquanamel, but since the application (over 6mths) the putty has been drawn out of the hole to make a bubble... was told if the putty/filla was water based it would do this?? Just thought I might be able to see the names of product recommended for prep with this paint.

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Aquanamel Semi Gloss paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we would like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 350314, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Customer Service Team.

Alysha W.

Alysha W.asked

Aquanamel

can you use aquanamel on bathroom and kitchen tiles

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Alysha Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Dulux Aquanamel! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Customer Service Team.

I wouldn't

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives