Dulux Aquanamel

Dulux Aquanamel (page 3 of 8)

Semi Gloss, Gloss, Low Sheen

2.3

Seafraid

SeafraidMelbourne

Worst paint ever!

It does just work on skirting boards if you move quickly but totally useless on anything larger. 5 coats on a door - the last as bad as the first. Wouldn't brush out without brush marks and had flat spots all over. Contacted the DULUX help desk - their recommendations try thinner. I wasted money on their Hot Weather Thinner even though the weather wasn't hot - It didn't help. I'll never use DULUX paint again! EVER!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Gerrykh

GerrykhGoulburn Valley, VIC

Very good quality.

In answer to a lot of comments, I think people should leave this sort of job to the professionals. If I pick up a welder and get dags everywhere it's not the fault of the welder but the fault of the applicator, same goes for painting.I am very happy with the product..

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Paul

Paul

Don't waste your time

I am normally a big fan of Dulux but unfortunately this product is rubbish compare to the Haymes water based gloss. Painted several doors and frames with the aquanamel and decided to buy the Haymes product as I was running out of the aquanamel. Its like night and day, the application is much easier with Haymes gloss and the end result is amazing!! Not sure how Dulux could get it so wrong as their other paints are great. Wish I would of got the Haymes gloss at the start as there is now a notable difference between the two. trust me dont waste your time or money with this one.

Queen Bee

Queen BeeQueensland

Really Good

I was a bit skeptical using this as a few reviews said it was dry and hard to work with but I actually found it really easy to work with and I live in a really hot dry climate. I actually painted over oiled based window sills and skirts as it was going yellow and this paint is a lovely bright white. I will definitely do all my doors with this paint too!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rubbish

Dries too quick on hot days, brush gets gluggy.
Runs if too thick.
I also found second coat began to dissolve the first coat.
Brushing was pulling off the first coat causing lumps.
The worst paint I've ever used in 35 years.
I think it has a short shelf life, and hardwares don't discard paint.

Paintersx56

Paintersx56Australia

Why was it even invented

Terrible vivid white semi gloss paint. Double undercoating on trims, doors, windows etc doesn't help as this rubbish paint does not cover. Paint brush marks are terribly visible and the final work doesn't look attractive at all. It is still shady and the base color comes through. Applied thicker runs down immediately, beyond control. Applied with a small fiber roller looks the best but it can't be applied by the roller everywhere and this is a huge problem with it. Disappointed to the limits!

wyrmbait

wyrmbaitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dulux Aquanamel Listen to the Reviews, i didnt....

Trinity PBuninyong

Pros and cons

It doesn’t smell as bad as enamel which for me was a plus. As the smell of enamel hangs around for weeks. I found it ok on trims but doors the brush marks are too pronounced Leaving me wondering if I’d been better off putting up with the smell for the look.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Trinity P

Ok thanks for your feedback

Lorigow

LorigowPerth WA

still great surface to look at and performing well since 2013

Hi Lorigow,
Glad you hear of your experience with Dulux Aquanamel. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and tips for others!
Kind regards,
Dulux Australia

Pebros

PebrosAuckland, 0630, NZ

Rubbish

Impossible to brush onto window sills/ frames. Leaves rough patches everywhere and cannot brush out. Dries on the brush. In 50+ years of painting I have never found such a disappointing product! would never buy again. Don't listen to Bunning's advice. I might have to go to Mitre 10 or Resene.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Love this product

I've used this paint on all of our trim and doors in our 130 year old house all big fancy archs and skirting boards the gloss level is brilliant and it brushes on quite easily Ihave painted houses for a living and would easily choose this over oil based paint I wont use anything else

Date PurchasedMar 2014
garthDulux

Hi Rick,we are glad to hear about the great result you got with your doors and trim. All the best with your future painting projects. Feel free to call our Help&Advice team if you need any support on 13 25 25. The Dulux team

Love this paint

Have used nearly 20 lts of this paint on new internal doors,skirts,door and window frames. Without any probs. Applied mostly with short nap roller but some brushing all ok. Did paint 2 coats of 3in1 dulux primer sealer undercoat. I didn't sand between top coats as product says not to. It does dry fast and did pick up on one door but once dry is very hard. Very happy with results.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Hi Big Rod,
Thanks for the feedback, great to hear about your experience with Dulux Aquanamel!
Kind regards,
Dulux Australia

Jamie

Jamie

DEFINITELY NOT for brushing on trims, but OK if rolled or sprayed QUICKLY on larger surfaces

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Awful

Bunnings sold us this paint as the didn’t have the White Knight paint we wanted. So disappointed. We are painting the inside of an old caravan and the finish is awful. Wish I’d read the reviews first! Don’t buy this paint. I feel like we were led astray by Bunnings staff.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Do your self a favour don't buy this product

HappyJan

HappyJanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tricky but ok

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Brad S

Brad SGold Coast

Rubbish from start to finish

This product like many others from dulux do not live up to expectations myself and many professional painters are moving away from Duluth as their products are no longer top quality problems have occurred with many of their premium products such as aqua enamel and wash and wear better products can be purchased from taubmans or resene

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I wish I read the reviews on this stuff first

This product is crap super hard to use brush strokes still visible after four coats had bubbling I've just wasted a whole day using this on my door frames and not getting any closer to the result I'm looking for. I thought I just sucked at glossing now I don't know what to do keep coating and sand back and use oil based I could cry I've wasted so much time on this stuff and now in gonna have to send it back and do it all again save yourself the pain people.

Rostyslav

RostyslavNoble Park

Stay away from this product!

Not good

This product is very very difficult to use and has been most disappointing. The coverage was fine but the paint drys almost instantly and creates a dragging effect leaving rough patches and brush strokes that can't be fixed during that coat. I used a quality brush and prepped properly but still produced a poorer than expected top coat result on a solid timber external feature door. Did not have issues when using a roller for other timber but this stuff and brushes don't seem compatible! Cost plenty, I'm thinking I'll have to re do in oil based enamel. Not much I complain about but aquanamel just doesn't produce the quality finish expected when using a brush. Sorry.

Henry M.

Henry M.asked

Aquanamel

Hi there, I've applied this to skirting, doors and window sashes. The paint is translucent in appearance and the second coat still does not give depth to cover. I have used vivid white off the shelf and its like there isn't enough white tint in the mix. I have stirred it twice for extra measure but still no difference.
How can I sort out this problem.
Cheers Harry

Ashley

Sorry have not had this issue so not sure how to sort out your problem. Probably best you give Dulux Tech support a call.

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Henry, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our aquanamel paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we would like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 357390, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Customer Service Team.

Tibor

Vivid white is the base of all whites there's not much coverage as it's got no tint in it, try something like vic builders white. Aqua enamel itself will be translucent and will need the same color undercoat.

Curiousasked

Aquanamel Semi Gloss

Hi there, what timber putty/sealer would you recommend to use with a Aquanamel paint on timber skirting as I have got bubbles on all the nail holes previously filled, under latex then double coated in aquanamel? I was told Aquanamel draws water out of the sealers?? Any recommendations to ensure no bubbles?

Ashley

When using Aquanemel I prepared the old surface well before using Dulux 1 step pre coat paint before applying the Semi Gloss. Had no problems with the Polyfilla for Doors and Trims product to fill holes etc.

Curious

Thank you - Yes, used total prep prior to 2 coats of aquanamel, but since the application (over 6mths) the putty has been drawn out of the hole to make a bubble... was told if the putty/filla was water based it would do this?? Just thought I might be able to see the names of product recommended for prep with this paint.

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Aquanamel Semi Gloss paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we would like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 350314, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Customer Service Team.

Alysha W.

Alysha W.asked

Aquanamel

can you use aquanamel on bathroom and kitchen tiles

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Alysha Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Dulux Aquanamel! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Customer Service Team.

I wouldn't

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives