Dulux Aquanamel

Dulux Aquanamel (page 4 of 8)

Semi Gloss, Gloss, Low Sheen

2.3

Beautiful

We painted 2 house skirtings and arcs. Couldn't be happier with the results. We found it best to apply the paint qickly and not doing many strokes doing so. The paint 'flattens' out and is smooth after drying. We did two coats. Gloss is great. After a week or two after paint cures, it is very tough eg. vacuum cleaner can bump the skirtings with no damage. We found a happy medium when applying the paint as is become tacky fast, but finish is smooth at end result.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Hi Alesa,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're so happy you enjoyed your Dulux Aquanamel!
Kind regards,
Dulux Australia

Aquanamel -- very difficult paint to work

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Caitlin O.Dulux

Easy to use but not chip resistant

Being water based the product, this paint is much easier to deal with than that of oil based paints. However, the finish is not as smooth and easily chips. I have used this product on 2 main rooms in my house but will finish the remaining rooms in oil based product. May even eventually sand back and re do 2 rooms with oil also.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

I've found it to be fine after using approx 30 litres

I've not had a problem with this paint. A professional painter asked who we engaged to paint the entire house. Was surprised to find out it was us saying the results were better than a lot of professional results do all I can say is I'm very happy with the product. We used Dulux throughout and the Aquanamel on skirts and double sash windows. No issues.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Hi Jamie,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so pleased you're enjoying your Dulux Aquanamel!
Kind regards,
Dulux Australia

Dave B

Dave BKingscliff

Very poor result with this product.

I have new Windows and arcs. I was recommended this product from bunnings as a easy on and great gloss result. I was a bit hesitant as I always have used enamel gloss! Prep was excellent, two coats of undercoat, sand between coats, as usual then for the new gloss. I was looking forward to.Easy clean up, quick drying. Yes, easy clean up and quick.drying10/10. The finish, extremely poor, after two coats, sanding in between course, for a good even finish I was completely 100% disappointed. I have stripped all that work, 2 new sets of doors and 5 Windows, back and will.now complete project.with enamel gloss. I have 3.5 unused litres of paint that cannot be returned.and $85 and many hours out of pocket. Not impressed at all

Date PurchasedSep 2017
garthDulux

Where to from here?

Had this recommended by Bunnings staff but halfway through a full house repaint I've been very disappointed in the coverage and finish - I'm not wasting my time continuing with this poorly performing product. Coverage is like milk with several coats required. Finish tends to be flat and rough (overworked?) or when I try a thicker application to get Semi-gloss finish it's drippy. Now I'm looking for a recommendation to top coat all the work I've done and recover from this disappointment.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ashley H

Ashley HDarwin, NT

Paint too soft

I used this paint in the kitchen after being told it would have the same finish as an oil-based paint and also because it is easier to clean up with a water-based paint. While it has lived up to its promise of non-yellowing it is easily scratched and requires constant touch ups.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

NO gloss

Definitely Unhappy with the gloss level after six coats . Unhappy with Dulux technical advice which failed on every occasion. Took the paint back to Bunnings who confirmed that it was tinted with the correct base. Bunnings paint counter brought up a weak semi gloss by finger painting it thickly on a piece of cardboard and drying it quickly with a hair dryer. Is this now the proposed method? I give up.

poor coverage

I couldn't find too much wrong with the product or any difficulty with application, but the coverage is poor ,have to put 4 coats on my internal trims and still doesn't have the desired boldness. I used pre coated trims then filled all nail holes as required then reundercoated twice

Terrible product

Horrible finish

I don't expect a mirror finish but quite smooth is expected. Even after calling Dulux help call centre, they could only go "it shouldn't do that" - but it does. I've been painting trim for years and know what to expect. I tried different roller sleeves and different brushes without different results. This product finish is similar to a ploughed field - it is HORRIBLE. Will now strip back to wood and use different paint brand.

LuciaS

LuciaSGold Coast

Too soft, not very durable

Too soft and not durable, have to touch up all the time. If I was to paint trims, doors and kitchen cabinets again I would use a different paint. The only reason I painted all is because I bought too much of this paint. Even after a few months the paint seems to be too soft and scratches easily

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Excellent product

I just re done my bathroom and decided to try this water based enamel. I found the product excellent, brush marks hardly none, and went on smooth with the roller. I used good quality brush and roller designed for water base paint and this is what gave such a great result. The paint was far easier to use the oil based, very little fuming and drys a lot quicker. I applied at around 18-20 degrees. Also if you are using over oil based enamel, sand and pigment seal first as this allows the water based enamel to bond properly.
Will be using when I do my other wet areas.

Caitlin O.Dulux

Hi Jace, thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so pleased you're enjoying your Dulux Aquanamel! Cheers, Dulux

Perfect

At the beginning I thought this paint was useless until a 'painter' friend showed me how to use it. Apply to thin of a coat and it leaves streaks a patchy finish. Apply too much and you obviously get drips. The key in using this paint is to basically, for lack of a better word is to 'lake' it on or rather apply enough paint that it doesn't have the chance to dry as you're rolling it on. Once I learnt how to use it, I've never looked back. Great product...keep up the great
work.

Rusty

RustyBrisbane

Lesson learnt. Use oil based enamel as Aquanamel is useless

This product was recommended to me by the staff member at the hardware store and that the finish would be as good as gloss Enamel. What a load of rubbish.

I have put 3 coats on a door with a light sand between each coat. It is a terrible finish with highly visible brush marks everywhere. I'm now going to have to sand back and apply gloss enamel to get the finish I was expecting. I have waste money on 2 litres of this rubbish. It should be taken off the shelves.

I want my money back! Don't make my mistake. Don't listen to the paint guy at Bunnings.

THE RENOVATOR

THE RENOVATORmelbourne

The worst paint i have ever used

As you can read in most of the reviews , this paint is a very poor product.
It leaves brush marks , and cannot be over worked as you will not get a good finish .
You can add easy flow , you can sand between coats , buy the best brushes money can buy , you can pull your hair out and still your finish will be very poor .
I have painted for many years and never had the trouble this paint has caused .
Yes a Bunnings purchase , advise by staff that have probably never painted themselves .
My advice head for a paint specialist store .

Date PurchasedApr 2017

A really great finish

I purchased Aquanamel to paint my doors and architraves during house renos. I sprayed all my doors and architraves before installing and found that if I thinned paint with water the finish was perfect. after installing the architraves I touched up with a painting pad and they all look great, this does dry really fast so found painting in the evening when it was a lot cooler gives you a better finish.

Kingy

KingyMelbourne

Used 14L on the House without an issue

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Horrible! Terrible! NEVER AGAIN.

This paint is terrible. I used two coats of primer before applying as well as light sanding and tack cloth just before. This paint has NO gloss at all, and it does NOT cover. I am now on my fourth coat, still no gloss. I hate this paint. I am going to have to strip everything back and start over with real oil based enamel.

Adam HiltonDulux
Ferret

Ferret

Aquanamel rules

I used aquanamel on my ageing oak kitchen cupboards after I heat gunned the old varnish off and sanded back to wood and used Dulux 123 primer sealer. I painted when it was very hot so I had to add a flow agent (from hardware store) to the aquanamel. I am very happy with the finish. I am now doing my old door frames and doors and I just finished my son's dresser. Excellent! Not sure about other people's problems with this paint. If it is hot then use a flow agent!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Henry M.

Henry M.asked

Aquanamel

Hi there, I've applied this to skirting, doors and window sashes. The paint is translucent in appearance and the second coat still does not give depth to cover. I have used vivid white off the shelf and its like there isn't enough white tint in the mix. I have stirred it twice for extra measure but still no difference.
How can I sort out this problem.
Cheers Harry

Ashley

Sorry have not had this issue so not sure how to sort out your problem. Probably best you give Dulux Tech support a call.

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Henry, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our aquanamel paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we would like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 357390, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Customer Service Team.

Tibor

Vivid white is the base of all whites there's not much coverage as it's got no tint in it, try something like vic builders white. Aqua enamel itself will be translucent and will need the same color undercoat.

Curiousasked

Aquanamel Semi Gloss

Hi there, what timber putty/sealer would you recommend to use with a Aquanamel paint on timber skirting as I have got bubbles on all the nail holes previously filled, under latex then double coated in aquanamel? I was told Aquanamel draws water out of the sealers?? Any recommendations to ensure no bubbles?

Ashley

When using Aquanemel I prepared the old surface well before using Dulux 1 step pre coat paint before applying the Semi Gloss. Had no problems with the Polyfilla for Doors and Trims product to fill holes etc.

Curious

Thank you - Yes, used total prep prior to 2 coats of aquanamel, but since the application (over 6mths) the putty has been drawn out of the hole to make a bubble... was told if the putty/filla was water based it would do this?? Just thought I might be able to see the names of product recommended for prep with this paint.

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Aquanamel Semi Gloss paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we would like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 350314, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Customer Service Team.

Alysha W.

Alysha W.asked

Aquanamel

can you use aquanamel on bathroom and kitchen tiles

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Alysha Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Dulux Aquanamel! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Customer Service Team.

I wouldn't

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives